Dr. Hares Akbary, MD

Dr. Akbary
Telehealth services available

Wood County Pediatrics

950 W Wooster St Bowling Green, OH 43402

Dr. Hares Akbary, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Bowling Green, OH. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Akbary to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Hares Akbary, MD with other Pain Medicine Specialists near you

Dr. Akbary's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akbary

2.4

Dr. Akbary?
  • Office environment (11)
  • Staff friendliness (11)
  • Appointment scheduling (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (12)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (11)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (11)
My first visit I waiting in the examination room after vital signs were check by the nurse, about one entire hour. That is unacceptable. Now let's go to second visit a follow visit, the doctor showed up within a reasonable time after being check by the nurse, but he stayed with me less than one minute. He did explain the MRI he has ordered. He is a pain management doctor, but he did not asked me how my pain has evolved, he did not read the nurse notes in which I just have said I had no pain. He proposed an epidural injection in the lower back for pain management. Of course I did not go that course. But the point is this doctor is out of touch with patients and with reality. In addition to Dr. Ackvary's problems, the office staff demands payment in front and they has erred both times, first and second visit on the charges for copays. The office did not follow through on lower back brace that I must buy from them because it was not available anywhere else; I had to do without it.Stayawa
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Roger – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?
I was a patient of dr. akbary for 6 yrs. I recently moved to north Carolina and if I could I would fly back to ohio to be treated by him. please if you need a pain management doctor he is the best. he found I needed neck surgery and it was the best thing I did. he is caring and knows what hes doing he is the only person I have missed since I've been here. even with duke being her dr akbary is the best after many years of suffering. debi catley
debi catley in Wake Forest, NC – Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?
I've been having neck pain for a long time and my family doctor has been giving me strong medication. Dr. A ordered an MRI and has done injections that have really helped. I'm off the Vicodin now! Thanks doc!!!
Tom G. – Jun 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?
wish I could give zero stars. misdiagnosed my hip problem as a back problem. my new Dr Said I needed a hip replacement 2 years ago. Was told after multiple injections my pain was from being "too fat". he's argumentative, nasty with some staff and sexually inappropriate with others. Made me wait greater than 45 minutes for all appointments. pill pusher. never left without 4 or 5 scripts....save your time...
bowling green – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?
Dr. Akbary saw my mother in the pain clinic at Wood County Hospital. She saw him several times & decided to change pain clinics due to several issues she experienced there. She could no longer put up with the way he treated his staff and demoralized them during her PROCEDURES! He was very argumentative with all of them but one, he was especially fond of her and treated her very well. At moms next visit that nurse was also in tears so my mother changed to Findlay pain clinic & gets great care!
Bowling Green, OH – May 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?
Almost killed me during a tonsil sugery he was the anesthesiologist and gave me to much anesthesia my heart rate was 275 BP 240/175 for 6 minutes basically my heart almost exploded. It also took 3 hours for them to wake me up after it was over. If you want to live dont let them use him!!!
M.Arnold in Bowling Green, OH – Oct 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?
The worst experience I've ever had with this doctor and office staff. Very inconsiderate of patient's needs and conditions. Does not listen to patients and very argumentative with patients. He is also very sexual with staff and patients and does not focus on patient needs. I would not recommend this doctor to family and friends. I plan to seek out another pain doctor in the area to manage my spinal implant if it means going out of the city.
msheadsec in Bowling Green, OH – May 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hares Akbary, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akbary?

• Pain Medicine