Dr. Harel Deutsch, MD

Dr. Harel Deutsch, MD

Neurosurgery  |
29 reviews

Dr. Harel Deutsch, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Deutsch is affiliated with Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush University Medical Center....See Less

University Neurosurgery

1725 W Harrison St Ste 855

Chicago, IL 60612

Learn about Dr. Deutsch

N/A

Video

Dr. Deutsch's Experience

Dr. Deutsch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Neurostimulation
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Miami / School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Mount Sinai Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Emory University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Deutsch has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Deutsch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Deutsch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Deutsch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Deutsch to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Deutsch's Performance
in IL |
I suffered for 13 years with severe low back pain. I had no disc left. I had vertabrae on vertebrae with complete nerve root compression. I met with Dr. Deutsch and he recommended an artificial disc replacement. I was so nervous. Disc replacement was the best decision I ever made! I was up and walking within 2 hours of the surgery. My back pain was gone and so was the pain, numbness and tingling down my right leg. Dr. Deutsch is amazing. I would recommend him to anyone! He gave me my life back!
in Chicago, IL |
I feel like if someone has a lower class of insurance, he does not want to be bothered. He has performed one surgery on me and has basically kicked me to the curb, now iam in the hospital due to symptoms related to all my spinal conditions and he hasn't showed his face not once!!! Terribly rude Dr
Chicago, IL |
I had three protruded discs; L3/L4, L4/L5, L5/S1. Dr. Deutsch recognized that virtually 100% of the issue was coming from the L4/L5 disc, and a minimally invasive procedure addressing only one vertebrae should relieve symptoms. Boy was he right. The second I woke up, the issue had been resolved. I could barely walk or function beforehand, and I walked out of the hospital the same day as the surgery. Dr. Deutsch has undoubtedly put in his time at the library.
in Lake Zurich, IL |
I’m writing this review the day after surgery. I was very fortunate in that I only had the excruciating pain for 6 weeks before surgery, but if you are ever thinking about having back surgery, or need to have back surgery, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Harel Deutsch and having the surgery performed at Rush University. I went in for surgery at 11:30am and walked to my Mom's car pain free at 5pm. It was amazing and I'm so happy and thankful for the team at Rush that worked on me. Happy Holidays
in Lebanon, TN |
Dr. Deutsch will soon perform his sixth surgery on my spine. My first surgery was in 2005 to fuse L5-S1. We automatically liked him and after he explained his rationale for the procedure, I knew we had found The Surgeon. He has performed five additional surgeries throughout my spine and I really appreciate his conservative, caring and deliberate nature. For me Dr. Deutsch is the be all and end all in Neurosurgeons. I recommend him to every person I meet that needs back surgery.
in Ottawa, IL |
the scar is barely visable because the stitches were sewn by the Dr. from the inside out. No one can tell I had anterior fusion on the C5-6. the best ever. I recommend this Dr. over all others.
in Bourbonnais, IL |
Dr. Deutsch is not the friendliest person when you first meet him, but he is a great surgeon. He fixed a failed back surgery from a herniated disc at L4-L5, then I re-herniated the same level from a car accident a year later. He was extremely cautious about suggesting surgery and wanted to give it time to try to heal on its own, but, alas, he will be performing a disc replacement on me in a few weeks and my husband and I are in full trust of him. I will always go to him and refer friends to him.
in Naperville, IL / Lisle, IL |
Dr. Deutsch is an outstanding neurosurgeon! Approximately 11 years ago there was a bone chip from a fall on my back that was pushing into my spinal cord. Other doctors had indicated spinal fusion was the remedy and it may have long lasting negative implications. I did not agree with them and enlisted a second opinion from Dr. Deutsch. Through a 30 minute laparoscopic day surgery procedure by Dr. Deutsch, my back was repaired. I have been without any back pain since. Great job!
in Naperville, IL |
He has completed fusions not only for my C4-C5, but three separate fusions over the years in my lumbar area, due to a congenital defect. I have the highest regard for Dr. Deutsch, as well as the greatest level of trust. I have always had excellent results, and have always been able to return to my every day activities. I encourage anyone requiring spinal surgery to please consider Dr. Deutsch for the best possible outcome for you or your loved one.
Have you seen Dr. Harel Deutsch, MD?
Are you Dr. Deutsch?

Chicago, IL 60612
Rush Oak Park Hospital
520 S Maple Ave
Oak Park, IL 60304

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Deutsch at Rush University Medical Center

Dr. Ricardo Fontes, MD