Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 57

General Surgery

Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Sleepy Hollow, NY and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Medical College Of Pennsylvania in 1992. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Phelps Hospital and Saint John's Riverside Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD

Northwell Health Physician Partners Gastroenterology At Phelps

777 N Broadway Ste 204 Sleepy Hollow, NY 10591

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lau with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital today at (914) 573-4509.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital.

Dr. Lau's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lau

I had double Hernia inguinal laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Lau October 2020. Dr. Lau is a no nonsense doctor who explains to you exactly what you need and what you can expect from treatment. I felt very confident with him as a surgeon and as I had done some research before choosing I knew I had made the right choice. I was surprised at the length of the recovery period. I was on my feet in one day and up and about in two. Laparoscopic surgery was the best method, it is said that you will need two weeks to recover and that is probably true if you sit at a desk, if you have a more physical job plan on three. The biggest problem I had was that I recovered so quickly I had to force myself not to over do it. I chose the ambulatory surgical center as opposed to the hospital and I can say it was a very pleasant and accommodating environment.
Lee Robert Mingione – Dec 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Dr. Lau performed an open ventral hernia repair on me 2.5 weeks ago at Phelps Hospital. Recovery has been a smooth process. None of the issues I was worried about--swelling, excess fluid, excessive pain, etc.--have occurred. I am in an online support group for people who've had incisional hernia repair, and comparing myself to others, I feel lucky. I have had less pain and fewer complications than most of the others, and I attribute a lot of this to Dr. Lau's skill as well as his unique method for ensuring a strong repair. Dr. Lau definitely knows what he is doing. If you are in the New York area and need hernia surgery, I strongly encourage you to consider him.
  • Long wait times
L.P. – Nov 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
My family has been very pleased with Dr Lau in the past. I recently had a gallbladder attack and consulted with Dr Lau. He gave me a clear, concise picture of what was going on. I made the decision to have my gallbladder removed. I found the entire process to be efficient, the follow up was very good. I appreciated Dr. Lau’s clarity in regard to the surgery. I would recommend Dr Lau and his staff very highly.
Frank – Nov 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Competent-Confident-Courteous-Care I had a recent procedure done by Dr. Har Chi Lau. From my first consultation, to my time in the OR, to my follow-up examination, Dr. Lau and his staff were knowledgeable professionals who treated me with great respect. Dr. Lau is clearly a highly experienced and capable surgeon who took the time to explain to me the care I would receive in terms that made it easy to understand. He left me with great confidence that I was in the best of care. His staff was friendly, very professional and easy to reach for important scheduling and other details. Highly recommend Dr. Lau and his team.
Tom Belfiore – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
DR. LAU IS TRUE PROFESSIONAL GRADE, FROM THE INITIAL CONSULT TO THE POST OPERATIVE VISIT. DR. LAU'S EXTENSIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND FRIENDLY PERSONALITY, RADIATE AND GIVE A TRUE SENSE AND FEELING OF SAFETY AND CONFIDENCE OF BEING IN GOOD HANDS. SIMPLY PUT, DR. LAU IS THE BEST!! - A TRUE ASSET TO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION.
SAL SAVASTA – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
My review is long overdue. I had a Hernia that was very deep and as a result a more arduous operation. Dr Lau did a wonderful job and I am more active than ever. I actually forget which side the Hernia was on. After my follow up visit to his office. Dr Lau has called me on two separate occasions to see how on am processing. Only a very thoughtful and very kind Doctor would do that, God bless him.
Joe D'Angelo – Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
My Gold Star Guy! Had double hernia (several holes/tears) and interviewed three Surgeons before choosing Dr. Lau. One of the best decisions I've ever made. Others were talking open surgeries with recovery times of 3 to 6 months. Dr. Lau is personable, proficient and professional, and did my entire surgery laparoscopically. I'm healing so fast (3 weeks) and I feel great... after two years of suffering Dr. Lau gave me my life back. Thank you Dr. Lau as well as all the great staff at Hudson Valley Surgical Group and Phelps (Northwell Health) Hospital!
  • Long wait times
TF – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Like most folks needing to go under the knife, I was really apprehensive. After a year of procrastination I finally spoke with Dr. Lau who's calm manner and frank description of the procedure convinced me that it was time. The staff at Phelps was professional and friendly all contributing to a truely positive experience. I thank each and every one for helping me get through this tough episode. My special gratitude to Dr. Lau, who's fantastic skill made my recovery so smooth. Happy and healthy 2021 to all at Hudson Valley Surgical Group!!!
Vincent M. Serra – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Excellent experience from first office consultation to follow up surgery appt. He is professional, informative, and put my anxieties at ease. Surgery went better than expected, except for the anesthesia, having the tube down my throat. The after effects from the tube lasted 8 days. The actual surgery went well and recovery was good.
Virginia Borowitz – Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Dr. Lau was very professional and made me feel comfortable right from the start. My surgery and recovery went better than I had anticipated.
Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Recently underwent my second hernia surgery with Dr. Lau. Both surgeries went extremely well. Doctor Lau and his staff are top notch. Made me comfortable throughout the whole process. Would highly recommend him and his office.
Robert Hoffman – Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Outstanding physician. professional, accurate, intelligent explanation of procedure and post op expectations.
Richard Hoban – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Hernia Surgery, went well, recovery has been quick
Jul 16, 2020
Had a hernia operated by Dr. Lau
Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
The total experience with Dr. Lau was fantastic. Even his OR nurses have great respect for him. He has great people skills as well as surgical skills. This was my third hernia repair (1975, 1995 and 2019) and the first with Dr. Lau, but by far the best experience. The Dobbs Ferry hospital was great.
Tim – Jul 19, 2019
Excellent
Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Dr. Lau is an outstanding physician! A consummate professional, he possesses a reassuring bedside manner, which we found comforting at a very stressful time. Dr. Lau explains complex medical issues in a clear manner, inviting questions and making sure the patient thoroughly understands what is happening. My family and I are forever grateful to Dr. Lau for saving my mom’s life (cutting short his own vacation to operate on her) and highly recommend him and his team.
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
I received the best care possible from Dr Lau and Hudson Valley Surgical Group. I had to have a complicated abdominal repair after several other surgeries, adhesions and mesh that migrated and caused a lot of complications. Dr Lau first spent time reviewing my records and scans. Then he spoke and described to me exactly what needed to be done. He was caring, supportive and of course very knowledgable. I was fortunate to find Dr Lau and his partners. My surgery was long and complicated. I needed a very skilled and patient surgeon. I’m happy that I found Dr Lau.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
I've worked for a couple of local hospitals so when my husband needed surgery I asked former co-workers for a referral. Dr. Lau came highly recommended so we decided to make an appointment to see him. We liked him immediately! Such a great bedside manner! He took his time and explained everything about the procedure in detail and made us so comfortable that we decided to plan it as soon as possible. Surgery went very well and my husband is doing great!
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?
Awesome Doctor, fantastic bedside manners. Very knowledgeable !
BLG in Yonkers, NY – Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Har Chi Lau, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lau?