Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 48

Psychiatry

Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Surprise, AZ and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ashamalla has extensive experience in Addiction & Substance Abuse. He graduated from Ain Shams Univ, Fac Of Med in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center and Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD

Notre Dame Behavioral Health, Surprise, AZ

14811 W Bell Rd Ste 100 Surprise, AZ 85374
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Ashamalla with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) Phoenix.

Make an appointment at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) Phoenix today at (623) 292-8377.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) Phoenix.

Dr. Ashamalla's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ashamalla

3.7

19.047619047619047%

Would never recommend.
Terrible.
Jun 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
His "Specialty" is Addiction & Substance Abuse.
If you have been prescribed controlled medications by previous doctors, He will treat you like a drug addict and force you off medications that have for many years been proven effective in your treatments. He is unconcerned about how the sudden reductions and removal of medications will have on the individual's well-being or their livelihood. If you try to explain how his decisions are having negative affects on your life, He will tell you can find another provider, or accept the new medications (also controlled) you told him you didn't want. He won't tell you any details of what new medications he will be prescribing unless you directly question him. Giving the clear impression that he decided on the spot. That is further clear when he sends in something completely different than what he said he would. He will also not tell you anything more about the perscriptions, such as the Strength, dosage /instructions, etc. He has proven his motivation in not about helping people.
Mar 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Horrible, unless you're only looking for medicine then he'll give it out like candy. Be careful.
Katrina – Sep 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Office never answers the phone and sometimes takes up to three days to respond to voicemail. I have had problems nearly every every visit, whether my prescriptions aren't called in, my insurance is billed incorrectly, or my appointment is scheduled incorrectly. I have seen four different providers over the past year as Irena had to take leave. The only NP who didn't talk down to me or be dismissive left the practice. I have been repeatedly asked what medication I would like to be prescribed instead of working together with doctor to treat symptoms. Very disappointed, a mental health professional should never leave you feeling MORE distressed, yet this has been my experience with this practice over the last year.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
He takes time to get to know you and ask Qs others never asked.
H – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
The doctor is fine and staff is friendly. However, they expect their patients to wait hours to see the doctor every time. I can understand an hour even, but 2.5 hours every time I come is absolutely ridiculous! The scheduler needs to plan appointments accordingly. This will be my last visit.
Nicci – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Exceptional!! Knows how to handle difficult problems. Bee with him since 2015. Medicates appropriately. Do not be afraid to open up and tell him what is going on. He can’t help you if you do not talk to him. Let him work with your case and adjust medication and treatment specifically for you. Waiting times vary because he takes time for each patient. Irina Ashmalla is a psych nurse practitioner. I trust her judgement also.
Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
I’ve been coming to Dr Ashamalla since January of 2017. He has been integral in my fight with bipolar disorder and related issues. Kenna and Lily are very friendly and helpful, while being professional at all times. Anyone who has seen a psychiatrist knows that a good one is well worth the wait. Dr Ashamalla is an absolute star and I’ll be seeing him until he retires. Thank you Notre Dame Behavioral Health!
Dylan – Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Very good listener, knowledgeable and thorough!
BG in Sun City West, AZ – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
I had filled out the New Patient forms, and one of the questions was do you drink alcohol and how many a week. I answered 3 times a week. I had recent surgery on my hand and thumb (it was in a cast) so I was taking prescribed Oxycodone and was taking it only as needed. Dr A asked me if I was an alcoholic and I said no. His reply was that is what all alcoholics say. I told him that I was not an alcoholic and he repeated the same comment. At this point there was no way that I could convince him that I was not. 2nd visit - He asked me again if I was an alcoholic as I tested positive for alcohol and Oxycodone. I tried to tell him that I was not, and once again got that is what all alcoholics say. He then told me he could give me a drug that would make me hate the sight of alcohol and sick if I drank alcohol. I told him I would not take the drug as I was not an alcoholic. I cannot believe in a Dr that refuses to believe in me and bottom line calls me a liar. A NO WIN SITUATION!
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Dr. A's bedside manners were impeccable and his insight and explanations were clear. He listened and took a lot of time with me during my 1st visit answering patiently all questions and concerns. He personally called me to check how am I doing on medication .. I would recommend him to my family and friends
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
A good Psychiatrist to trust. Knows his pharma ins and outs and helped me tremendously.
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
This Doc is a PILL MILL, nothing more. The doctor offered ZERO therapy/counselling and medicated my son without interacting with him at all. His diagnosis was largely based on a generic printout containing generic questions/answers and my own parental input. He did not talk to my son at all before prescribing him mind altering drugs. This doctor is completely incapable of keeping remotely close to a schedule, appointments consistently run HOURS late.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Dr. Ashamalla is a great doctor. He truly cares about his patients and what issues you may have. I would recommend him to anyone. His office staff is fantastic!
May 31, 2018
He did a good job!
MF in sun city – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Amazing Psychiatrist with friendly staff that ensure the best care possible. Always willing to get you in as soon as they are able. I highly recommend this office.
Peoria, AZ – Dec 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Today was my second and LAST visit to Dr. Ashamalla's office. I find him to be not at all friendly, rather rude and abrupt. He does not make me feel that he is at all interested in me and that I am taking up his time. If I truly needed a psychiatrist that had a good bedside manner I would be totally out of luck coming to this office. His staff was pleasant so that was a bonus. I hope he treats other patients with more care and interest.
Peoria, AZ – Nov 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
I have never met a doctor that takes the time to LISTEN to you. He truly cares and wants to help you get better. He answers my questions and converses with me in a very patient manner, which I admire.
Sun City, AZ – May 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
Dr. A is experienced, focused, straightforward, down-to-earth, and approachable. Provides careful evaluation and appropriate testing in order to obtain all possible explanation of symptoms. I appreciated that looked online and researched my rare disorder while talking to me, which most other previous psychiatrists ignored and overlooked.
Hannah in Phoenix, AZ – May 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?
This guy is a joke! He cannot understand the simplest statements! The wait is always 2+hours. He told me there was no copay, to which i told him there is. Then after several visits he has me called to collect all the copays at once! The day after i paid they contact me to tell me to find a new dr cuz of differences of opinion. What tbe heck does this mean??? Save urself the hassle and do not go to this guy.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sun City, AZ – May 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hany Ashamalla, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ashamalla?