Dr. Hans Otto, MD

Allergy & Immunology ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Otto

Family Allergy & Asthma

5001 Houston Rd Florence, KY 41042

Dr. Hans Otto, MD is an allergy & immunology specialist in Florence, KY and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Ohio State University College Of Medicine And Public Health in 2001 and specializes in allergy & immunology, internal medicine, and more.

Dr. Otto accepts

Dr. Otto accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Passport Health Plan
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check Dr. Otto's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Asthma in Adults
  • Asthma in Children
  • Asthma in Pregnancy
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bee Sting Allergy
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dermatitis
  • Skin Allergy
  • Skin Infections
  • Spirometry
  • Toxic Effect of Venom

Family Allergy & Asthma's mission is to be the leading caregiver for patients with allergies and chronic respiratory problems. Founded in 1979 and with locations throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana, Family Allergy & Asthma provides a ful...

• Allergy & Immunology

• USAF Medical Service Primary Care Clinic of the Year, 2007
  • Meritorious Service Medal, 2005
  • 51st Fight Wing Physician of the Year, 2005
  • Meritorious Service Medal, 2011

• Otto HF, Tankersley MS. Empower your patients: Save Lives. Annals Allergy Asthma Immunol 2009 Feb;102(2):172-3.,
  • Otto HF, Tankersley MS. Grapple allergy: the grape or the apple? Intl Archives Allergy Immunol 2007; 143(3):211-5.,
  • Otto HF, Calabria CW. A Case of Severe Refractory Chronic Urticaria: A Novel Method for Evaluation and Treatment. Allergy Asthma Proc 2009 May- Jun;30(3):333-7.,
  • LaShell MS, Otto HF, Calabria CW, Whisman B, Waibel K, White A. Allergy to Pumpkin and cross reactivity to pollens and other foods. Annals Allergy Asthma Immunol 2010;104(2):178-80.,
  • Ahmadian R, Tankersley MS, Otto HF. Sentinel case of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus (GABHS) causing constricitive pericarditis presenting with hypogammaglobulinemia. Military Medicine 2011 May;176(5): 589-91.,
  • Otto HF. Colon-rectal screening after polypectomy. Ann Intern Med 2007 Jun 5; 146(11):820.,
  • Otto HF, England RW, Quinn JM. Inpatient consultation of Allergy/Immunology in a tertiary care setting. Allergy Asthma Proc 2010; 3: 244-251.,

Dr. Otto's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Otto

Dr. Otto?
Dr. Otto's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Hans Otto, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr Otto is the best I have had allergies all my life and use to get allergy shots when I was younger in another state . Ever since I moved to Kentucky I have gotten worse. After almost 3 years of treatment I’m much better. When I do have a allergy issue I go in for a sick appointment so it doesn’t get worse. Dr. Otto explains everything to make since. Highly recommended Dr.Otto and his staff. I wouldn’t go anywhere else...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto is knowledge, kind, and thorough. He takes his time during each visit to explain every decision and recommendation and to answer any and all questions a concerned mother of a young child with asthma. My son always lights-up when we go for a visit--even when nothing else makes him smile b/c he is feeling so terrible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto is great with our kids, patient, cheerful, and kind. We’re very happy with our care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
This was my first visit to Dr. Hans Otto, but I found him to be a good listener, as well as friendly and professional. He didn't appear to be rushed and was focused on me as a new patient. The experience was definitely a positive one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
You maybe a little skeptical of my review when you see all the 5 stars right. What doctor & office deserves 5 stars in all categories?? I have never meet/worked for one until we went to see Dr Otto. This is truly a 5 star Dr and office. We were made to feel comfortable, our time was treated as valuable, all questions were FULLY listened to and addressed, knowledge/credibility and kindness seemed to be core values of everyone there. Go to Dr Otto with confidence!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto is great. Excellent communicator, clear explanations, asks questions and listens. Couldn't be happier as a patient...and his recommended treatments have significantly improved my son's conditions
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto has been amazing and addressed all my concerns as I've raised them. After committing to immunotherapy, my seasonal allergies are essentially non-existent, and I don't hate the spring and fall any more!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto was great. He explained everything thoroughly and in a way it was easy to under stand. He sat down and took time to answer my questions and did not act like he was in a hurry. He made me feel as if we are a team in treating my condition and gave me hope that we will be able to treat this and we will not stop until we find something that works. I highly recommend him. It is rare to find a doctor who actually cares about you, shows it, and has a great bedside manner!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto and his staff at the Newport, KY office are wonderful. All are very friendly and I regret not going to Dr. Otto's office first. A friend from work referred me to this office after hearing me complain about my former Allergist and his staff. I would rate them a 10.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Otto for 2 years and he is always pleasant, helpful and answers any questions I might have. He has me on target with my allergy plan and I'd recommend him to anyone considering an allergist in the Florence, Ky area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
I would highly recommend dr otto and his staff.. so kind and friendly. On my first visit for my 2 year old to be tested for allergies I felt like I've been going there for years.. the staff were so welcoming. They really are a FAMILY-FRIENDLY practice.. Dr otto was very kind and took his time to explain everything and to answer any questions. I never felt rushed or pressured to hurry at all..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto was very kid friendly! Explained in detail the treatment plan and testing. Easy to understand and addressed our concerns without feeling rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Our 2.5 year old was having skin issues so we visited Dr. Otto (another parent recommended him). We were very pleased by his knowledge, rapport with us as well as our daughter, and every appointment has been a pleasant experience. We highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto is excellent! He took a lot of time to explain the options I had for my allergy shots to help me to advance in a quick and safe way. I am happy to be a new patient at Family Allergy and Asthma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
We took our two little girls 3 and 18M for allergy testing he and his staff were so good with them. He was patient and took his time and even interacted with the girls which I think helped them through the visit. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto is fantastic with my 3 year old. He has helped us get her allergies under control while never seeming rushed or preoccupied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto takes the time to explain things until you understand, even to drawing pictures to illustrate what he's talking abuot
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr Otto was fantastic. Very caring, thorough and did not rush me, answered every question and explained his thoughts and treatment plan very well. Very good nursing and reception staff. Would highly recommend this office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr. Otto is very easy to talk to & is not afraid to do what ever it takes to provide patients with a higher quality of life. He has even answered questions after business hours for me. He researches new products & tries to explain them where I can understand. Excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Otto, MD?
Dr Otto was compassionate and understanding! I was very ill and he gave me a lot of time at the visit. Never felt rushed!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Otto?

Family Allergy & Asthma

• Tue: closed
    • Thu: closed
    • Mon: closed
    • Fri: closed
    • Mon: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Otto treats patients.