Dr. Hans Hansen, MD

Dr. Hansen
Telehealth services available

Pain Relief Centers

1224 Commerce St Sw Ste A Conover, NC 28613

Dr. Hans Hansen, MD is a Pain Management Specialist in Conover, NC. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hansen to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

• Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Tendon and Bursa Injection
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Hansen accepts

Dr. Hansen accepts the following insurance:

AARP

Dr. Hansen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hansen

2.3

Dr. Hansen?
  • Appointment scheduling (18)
  • Explained conditions well (17)
  • Listened & answered questions (17)
  • Appointment was rushed (29)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (29)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (28)
Dr. Hansen is WONDERFUL!! I have been seeing him for many years and he has allowed me to have a good life after having had four failed spinal fusions done by Orthopedic surgeons. Because of him I was able to continue work and eventually retire. He is on the "cutting edge" of his profession and is understanding and cares greatly about his patients. The office staff are extremely professional and friendly. The office is clean. I highly recommend Dr. Hansen to anyone dealing with severe and/or chronic back pain!
P. Ryan – Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
Ok. I was going to wait before I had my appt before I gave a review. Because I have been to him several times for injections and hes always explained what he was doing.Then the other day I went there and they had me pee in a cup. wwhen I got to the bathroom it looked normal. Till I sat on the seat and slid 3 inches to one side. So I picked it up and put it back on the rim and it fell 3 inches the other way OMG!!!! I got up knowing that now I have EVERYONES pee and poo is in a ring around my butt. I'm very irate at this point. Well I reluctantly pull my shorts up and go to wash my hands and there's no soap or paper towels. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. So I took myself to the RN door. The girl came out and I tell her about it. Can you believe she said ok thank you and shuts the door in my face. Didn't ask me if I would like to wash myself up or to even wash my hands. So my first experience was a 5 definitely but the last visit it's a negative 10. At best!
DianeG – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
So-So. People are right about him not spending much time with you or Really listening to your concerns. Most of the time he does Not do what he says he will do. I’m concerned!!! I’ve had two injections and the first one sent me to ER and the one yesterday will probably do the same because I hurt so bad and can’t hardly walk. He does not explain what type of rejection I am getting. I have a two level fusion and I really don’t know if he even is aware of that
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
Have you ever heard of a doctor who does not take phone calls, you can't leave messages for? Try calling him. Ridiculous way to treat patients. Go to office in order to make appointment for another day? That's what they tell you. If you e-mail them, they will NOT return the message. Seven emails and not a single response. If you need medication, truly need, Dr. Hansen is not the doctor for you. He will seem like he cares at first, but truthfully he cares only about money.
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
I need to book an appointment??????
CLARENCE CUNNINGHAM – May 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
I was seen three weeks ago as an established patient and three weeks later my medication has still not been sent to the pharmacy. I keep calling the office and I keep getting the same answer "Your medicine will be sent in today." I HAVE NOT RECEIVED my medicine yet! Dr. Hansen was in the room for maybe a minute before he left and was told I was ready to check out and I was to come back in a month.
May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
He is best Dr. He is kind..caring & number 1..I have been..his patient..over 7 yrs... Love all sweet people..at Dr. Hansens' office..Absolutely the Best.. Jacqueline Icenhour
Jacqueline Icenhour – May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
I can’t believe people who dismiss this man as bad absolutely not true. If you are just looking for drugs you have the wrong place. They use caution before they just give you drugs and that makes people angry these professional people see right through lies. I’ve seen people loose it because they don’t roll over to your every whelm. I been a patient since 2016 and couldn’t be more grateful.
Donald Kelly – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
I can't believe this man is still allowed to practice! He is the crudest doctor I have ever seen. He doesn't care about paitents, he cares about money. He has let a loved one of my suffer greatly over his unorganized pain clinic in Conover. I can't imagine how people work for someone so evil intended. I wouldn't recommend a dog to this place let alone a person. The entire practice is disgusting in how they treat people.
Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
Call and call and no one answers finally get a call back from the very rude receptionist gale. I have personally heard her cussing and slinging papers around. They FINALLY get a diff lady working in front who is very pleasant and after going to my appointment this afternoon I have been informed she was let go. I didn’t know her well but she was always nice to me. Seems they may have terminated the wrong front office lady. Dr Hansen is a cold individual . Does not care to explain changes in meds.
AG in Hickory, NC – Dec 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
Dr Hansen and his entire staff are the most unprofessional people I've ever experienced. They are rude, dismissive, belligerent, and condescending. The "psychologist" Trish is a complete joke not to mention a jerk. I would not recommend this practice to anyone!
Sandra in Newton, NC – Aug 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
After being on the same meds for over a year I was doing well. The first time meeting Dr. Hansen within 3 mins he changed my meds with no explanation. Had to see him again because it did not help, but put me back where I was years ago. He gave another med, same med but written with a different name. I am a college graduate and I do read and he does not. It seems he profiles people instead of talking to them and reading their file. I would not go to the doctor if I did not need to and this is why
Salisbury, NC – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
I have been a patient here for years! Never had a problem until the last year! First of all the staff will lie to you in a minute! I have been told lie after lie! The dr will be in on Friday (not) With the insurance now days you have to have prior authorization which they never do in a timely manner!!!! I have waited two weeks to get my meds!! I went through withdrawal they didn't care!! I am 56 y/o that went through terrible pain! I could not sit down sleep eat rest nothing! Idk what's next!!!
Jonas Ridge, NC – Apr 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
My son is 27 and is a paraplegic and recently had a stroke. His medical condition is very complicated. I found Dr. Hansen to be very compassionate and understanding when so many others have just tried to do the bare minimum. He made adjustments to his medication that is already improving his pain level. He listened to all of our concerns and questions. I have also had very good experiences with the office staff. Very professional and caring.
Anthony Mastrocola in Maiden, NC – Feb 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
I have been seing Dr. Hansen for over 25 years and find him to be very knowledgeable and friendly. His staff has always been very courteous and professional. Yes they have had phone problems in the past but they are working on it.
Eric in Lexington – Dec 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
Absolutely no compassion for patients. Doesn't listen to patients concerns. Wouldn't even xray order mri to confirm my concerns. God help if you have side effects of a medication even if it tells you to call your doctor immediately. Took a week and 4 calls to even get a reply. I was warned about going to any of his clinics and thought well it can't be that bad. This is just a brief part of issues I've had i wish i could tell all so be careful and do some checking for yourself.
JCS in Kannapolis, NC – Oct 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?
This is the worst Doctor I have EVER been to, won't answer thier ph nor when u walk in the door to make sure ex ally your appointment time. Rude people. Not sure if this is a legal Doctor .
Statesville, NC – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hans Hansen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hansen?

As the field of medicine learns more about the complexities of pain, it has become more important to have physicians with specialized knowledge and skills...Read more

• Pain Management