Dr. Hanita Chhabra, MD

Dr. Hanita Chhabra, MD

Psychosomatic Medicine  |
Female
I am proud to have been born and raised in the area. After completing medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, I initially started my training at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Obstetrics and Gynecology. I later changed to Psychiatry and completed my training at the University of Pennsylvania in 2006. I am a board certified adult psychiatrist with sub-specialty certification in psychosomatic medicine. I was a consulting psychiatrist at Sheppard Pratt Hospital and Greater Baltimore Medical Center for 5 years before moving to Anne Arundel County. These experiences helped solidify my comfort with prescribing medications for a variety of psychiatric illnesses, especially in complex cases and in combination with medical issues. My practice focuses on psychiatric consultation and medication management, and TMS. This includes but is not limited to, diagnosis, designing a treatment plan, second opinion consultations, prescribing and managing medications, and legal expert opinions. Areas of expertise include anxiety, depression, geriatrics, and medical illness. Special interests include womens mental health and TMS. TransCranial Magnetic Stimulation is a cutting edge treatment alternative for patients with depression and chronic pain/headaches who either do not respond to or are unable to take antidepressants.

1600 Crain Hwy S

Glen Burnie, MD 21061

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Chhabra

Dr. Chhabra's Experience

Dr. Chhabra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychosomatic Medicine

• Psychosomatic Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2002

Dr. Chhabra has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chhabra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chhabra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chhabra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chhabra to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Chhabra's Performance
Glen Burnie, MD |
They are only interested in money--not the health of their patients.
in Baltimore, MD |
i had to wait quite a while to see her, but it was so worth it. She is caring, took her time and really cared about how I was feeling. She looked at the whole picture holistically and really wants to help me. I am so thankful my original therapist left which led me to needing to see her!
Annapolis, MD |
Save your time, money, and energy and go somewhere else. Rude staff and impersonal doctor. Overall terrible experience.
Pasadena, MD |
The staff are very inconsiderate and treat you with contempt. I had an appointment that they cancelled because the provider was sick. I needed a medication refill, and they provided a week's worth, and they only offered me one opening that didn't work with my schedule. I asked what else I could do, and they said that was all they could offer. So I was left without medication that I have been on for over four years. They did not offer any other help, so I had to seek help elsewhere. Reprehensible
Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Chhabra's front desk staff are rude and impolite on the phone. They are conniving with their $75 and or $150 retainer that they change depending on their mood with the client.
Glen Burnie, MD |
I had a great experience with Dr. Chhabra. She seems to be a very busy Doctor but took the time to see me even though I was not her regular patient. She was very friendly, I felt like she listened to my symptoms and gave me great recommendations to other medications and options of treatment. Thank you Dr. Chhabra!!
Columbia, MD |
Had bad luck with psychiatrists in the past who seem more interested in insurance claims and profitability than my mental health. Dr. Chhabra is empathetic, friendly, and a good listener. Actually seems personally concerned with treatment outcomes and best options, as opposed to simply writing and recommending more (and more profitable) prescriptions. I've had a surprisingly and uniquely pleasant experience working with Dr. Chhabra.
Annapolis, MD |
Very professional, empathetic, attentive,easy to interact with. Sincere, decisive and gives a very detailed plan of treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Hanita Chhabra, MD?
Are you Dr. Chhabra?