Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD

AnesthesiologyMaleAge 55

Dr. Akbik
Telehealth services available
2818 Mack Rd Fairfield, OH 45014

Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Fairfield, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities Mercy Health - Fairfield Hospital and The Jewish Hospital-mercy Health. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Akbik to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Anesthesiology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with The Jewish Hospital-mercy Health Cincinnati, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Dr. Akbik treats your condition or procedure

• Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Akbik accepts

Dr. Akbik accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
HealthPartners
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Akbik?
  • Wait times (10)
  • Long wait times (22)
I had RSD and was in agony when I first saw him. I was wheelchair bound and not functioning. He was so kind and actually listened to me. He fought hard with insurance to make sure I got meds that actually helped instead of the ones insurance wanted to cover. He eventually cured me through his aggressive treatments and I’m off all meds and totally pain free.
May 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Dr. Akbik and his PA are both incredibly rude. They have no bedside manner and treat their patients as if they are drug addicts when you are going to them to try to get manage your chronic pain and decrease and eventually stop taking your pain medication. Their front desk staff is also a joke. They are inefficient and rude as well. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I should’ve read these reviews before I decided to use him for my pain management. He is absolutely the worst doctor I have ever been to and has left me in excruciating pain for days. His office doesn’t call and he does not listen to me at all. I would not send my dog there.
Oct 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I will never go back again. I was told "I don't need to hear any of that, just the answers to my questions". It was by far the worst experience I've ever had. He is not interested in helping or solving your chronic pain. He's just a pill doctor and needs his quotas.
Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Due to complications of knee surgery, I was diagnosed with RSD. It’s a very painful condition and Dr. Akbik fit me into his busy schedule, conducted a thorough examination and treated me. I am relatively pain-free for the first time in six months. Very professional, compassionate and thorough.
Rick in Harrison , OH – Sep 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Dr Akbik is a horrible Dr. He has no bedside manner, does not listen and there is no patient or family centered care. He treated my in laws like lowly dogs with no integrity or respect. He did not want to hear about their past medical history or give any options about treatment but what he concluded was best; no compromise. Upon leaving, after both parties deciding my FIL would not be coming back, the staff REFUSED to return his insurance cards until he agreed to a urine test! Shouldn't this have been done before the exam, upon entry to the office?? Medical manipulation and patient right to refuse severely violated!
Jennifer – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I had seen this Dr. for many years and felt like he helped with my chronic pain. But, over the years he has become more arrogant and wants no one else involved in your care. I’m hoping when he sees how many negative reviews he’s getting he will change his behavior. There are some serious problems in this practice.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
This practice truly has given me a quality of life I never thought possible. When I started Dr. Akbik reminded me I hadn’t gotten to the level of pain I was experiencing overnight and that there would be a solution -something effective-that would work for me. He asked for my commitment to the process and he wasn’t wrong. So much so that I’m now able to do things again-to actually have a life More than I ever thought I’d regain. It’s an individual road to deal with pain- a journey.
Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Dr. Akbik has treated me over 5 years. He is an amazing Dr!!! He has made sure my pain is managed and always treated me w care and kindness!
Jon Jon in Finneytown OH – Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I spent 2 1/2 hours in the office and walked out with a 2-week supply of mild opioids. We never discussed my pain management goals. Doctor seemed disconnected from my history which both PA and examining doctor had taken in great detail. Meds did not mesh with my present meds, so I only took for 3 days. I spent 10 minutes on hold to cancel the next appointment. Felt like my time was wasted.
Cincinnati, OH – Sep 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. The doctor has absolutely no bedside manner. The rare times you may see him, he comes in the room with not so much as a "hi", beats on the keyboard & is out of the room. The Physician's Assistant is a snarky, condescending unprofessional woman. Lacks basic people skills and empathy. If they can't rack up insurance charges with injections, they'll find any excuse to get rid of you. I don't know how they sleep at night. Hippocratic Oath is lacking!!!
SleeplessInOhio in Cincinnati, OH – Aug 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Dr Akbik has been my pain doctor for over 2 years. I have had CRPS for 15 years. He gave me better pain control on less medication than I ever had before. Now he has given me the ability to do therapy to begin to walk on no medication. I haven't walked in almost 4 years. I'm so grateful to have found him. He is up to date on everything!
Cheryl Steinsiek in Cincinnati, OH – Jul 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. The doctor and the physician's assistant were extremely rude at my appointment. The doctor barely even looked at me when he came in the room let alone introduce himself and I was a brand new patient. The lady that came in before the doctor started tugging on my clothes to look for the surgical scars and all she had to do was ask and I would have shown her the scars. If you like being treated like a criminal and judged this is the place for you.
Toledo, OH – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I went to the office for my first appointment and just prior to going I went to the bathroom. When I arrived, I was told I needed to provide a urine sample. I drank three cups of water to try to get this done. After 30 minutes, I was told that I had 15 minutes to provide one or I would not be seen. As I could not, I left without being seen. I was told that "Federal law" prohibits the office from informing me of this requirement. I will not be going back.
Hamilton, OH – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Rude and inappropriate with me in the five minutes he spent after I had been there three hours. I asked what kind of painkiller he was giving me was, he told me to look it up myself. With no provocation, but me saying the word "appointment" he berated me for thinking I would have just one appointment - when I had not said or implied anything of the kind. Like me or my (long, complex) medical history seems to have made him very angry. Would write not down complex instructions. Should be reported.
Cincinnati, OH – Mar 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Wonderful Dr. who was very concerned with my health. If you are looking for a Dr. who is quick to hand out some opiates, which are only palatable care, he is not for you. If you have a chronic pain condition that requires long term care and don't want to end up addicted to high level opiates, doing more long term harm than good, then he will provide you with excellent care. Yes, he changed my plan of care when I came to him but explained why showing his concerns for current/future health
Satisfied patient in Cincinnati, OH – Dec 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I wish it was up to one star. As a chronic pain patient, I have been treated horribly! He never did an exam but wrote down in the notes as he had. The notes from both visits are full of lies. He and his PA have no concept of PM for the chronically ill! The nurse was horrible! My BP was 144/99 and no one blinked an eye! I want to see him shut down! I wouldn't trust him to check roadkill!
Mevie in Hamilton, OH – Aug 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
He was very friendly, as well as his staff. they were very in depth with my information even thought they did not have all the facts. so they could only go by what they had. which is understandable, but i will make sure they get all my records, i honestly was surprised how in depth they went and made me feel like thy truly cared and also the receptionists were all very sweet.
robert.d in Hamilton, OH – Jul 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Dr Akbik and his staff have been nothing but wonderful. They have helped me every step of the way these past several years. I trust him with my life as he has helped me regain a partial life again managing all of my issues. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Brian in West Chester, OH – Jun 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
I like him! I have been with him for over 4 years! I do agree the waiting time is terrible! The staff has always been nice and respectful! I trust Dr. Akbic's opinion!
Mireille Gabritsch in Lebanon Ohio – Apr 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Akbik?

• Anesthesiology