Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD

Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD

Anesthesiology  |
Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Fairfield, OH. He is 52 years old.

2818 Mack Rd

• CareSource
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Akbik

Dr. Akbik's Experience

Dr. Akbik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology

• Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Akbik has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Akbik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Akbik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Akbik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Akbik to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Akbik's Performance
Cincinnati, OH |
I spent 2 1/2 hours in the office and walked out with a 2-week supply of mild opioids. We never discussed my pain management goals. Doctor seemed disconnected from my history which both PA and examining doctor had taken in great detail. Meds did not mesh with my present meds, so I only took for 3 days. I spent 10 minutes on hold to cancel the next appointment. Felt like my time was wasted.
in Cincinnati, OH |
If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. The doctor has absolutely no bedside manner. The rare times you may see him, he comes in the room with not so much as a "hi", beats on the keyboard & is out of the room. The Physician's Assistant is a snarky, condescending unprofessional woman. Lacks basic people skills and empathy. If they can't rack up insurance charges with injections, they'll find any excuse to get rid of you. I don't know how they sleep at night. Hippocratic Oath is lacking!!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Akbik has been my pain doctor for over 2 years. I have had CRPS for 15 years. He gave me better pain control on less medication than I ever had before. Now he has given me the ability to do therapy to begin to walk on no medication. I haven't walked in almost 4 years. I'm so grateful to have found him. He is up to date on everything!
Toledo, OH |
I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. The doctor and the physician's assistant were extremely rude at my appointment. The doctor barely even looked at me when he came in the room let alone introduce himself and I was a brand new patient. The lady that came in before the doctor started tugging on my clothes to look for the surgical scars and all she had to do was ask and I would have shown her the scars. If you like being treated like a criminal and judged this is the place for you.
Hamilton, OH |
I went to the office for my first appointment and just prior to going I went to the bathroom. When I arrived, I was told I needed to provide a urine sample. I drank three cups of water to try to get this done. After 30 minutes, I was told that I had 15 minutes to provide one or I would not be seen. As I could not, I left without being seen. I was told that "Federal law" prohibits the office from informing me of this requirement. I will not be going back.
Cincinnati, OH |
Rude and inappropriate with me in the five minutes he spent after I had been there three hours. I asked what kind of painkiller he was giving me was, he told me to look it up myself. With no provocation, but me saying the word "appointment" he berated me for thinking I would have just one appointment - when I had not said or implied anything of the kind. Like me or my (long, complex) medical history seems to have made him very angry. Would write not down complex instructions. Should be reported.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Wonderful Dr. who was very concerned with my health. If you are looking for a Dr. who is quick to hand out some opiates, which are only palatable care, he is not for you. If you have a chronic pain condition that requires long term care and don't want to end up addicted to high level opiates, doing more long term harm than good, then he will provide you with excellent care. Yes, he changed my plan of care when I came to him but explained why showing his concerns for current/future health
in Hamilton, OH |
I wish it was up to one star. As a chronic pain patient, I have been treated horribly! He never did an exam but wrote down in the notes as he had. The notes from both visits are full of lies. He and his PA have no concept of PM for the chronically ill! The nurse was horrible! My BP was 144/99 and no one blinked an eye! I want to see him shut down! I wouldn't trust him to check roadkill!
in Hamilton, OH |
He was very friendly, as well as his staff. they were very in depth with my information even thought they did not have all the facts. so they could only go by what they had. which is understandable, but i will make sure they get all my records, i honestly was surprised how in depth they went and made me feel like thy truly cared and also the receptionists were all very sweet.
in West Chester, OH |
Dr Akbik and his staff have been nothing but wonderful. They have helped me every step of the way these past several years. I trust him with my life as he has helped me regain a partial life again managing all of my issues. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
in Lebanon Ohio |
I like him! I have been with him for over 4 years! I do agree the waiting time is terrible! The staff has always been nice and respectful! I trust Dr. Akbic's opinion!
Dayton, OH |
0 Stars! Worst possible experience and there will not be a second visit. Doctor and other staff were extremely condescending and rude. They tried to intimidate him so that he would never go back to their office.The doctor ordered an xray but the patient's diagnosis can only be viewed by MRI. If they did not want to participate in the patient's care why did they even agree to take the consult? They just wasted their time and the patient's.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Akbik is a liar plan and simple. He lies to his patients. Staff is rude, Wait times are horrible, Lobby/waiting room is dysfunctional. He doesn't listens, spends 5 minutes with you and bills you for level 4 visit which is a 25 to 40 min face to face appt. Since he left Mercy to open his own practice he is now treating patients without any boundaries and oversight. FLEE FROM THIS DOCTOR!
Lebanon |
Office staff is terrible. They degrade you and won't accommodate you when you get sick in traffic after you wait over a month for an appointment. Do not go there
in Hamilton, OH |
Uncaring, indifferent, unhelpful. He does not listen. His staff lied and said they called me when I have no record .Not allowed to discuss medication changes over the phone. You must first go off of all medications before he will begin to help you. I have been taken off of meds I was given for 5 years with no alternative, no plan of action except to join the Y and use a TENS unit. I cannot walk and only told you will be seen in 3 weeks. Not enough room to tell how awful.
Have you seen Dr. Hammam Akbik, MD?
Are you Dr. Akbik?

• CareSource
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthPartners
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio