Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 72

Psychiatry

Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Forest Hills, NY and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1975. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD

Medex Diagnostic & Treatment Center

11129 Queens Blvd Forest Hills, NY 11375 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Dr. Moussavian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moussavian

4.3

Dr. Moussavian

ex patient
If you want a doctor that doesn't care about your health, only in it for the money, and completely unprofessional this is your doctor! Had a session with the doctor, went to pick up my medicine and the pharmacy said to contact the doctor because my insurance didn't cover me. Called 5 times with no response. Had to make another appointment which took 5 weeks. It was a telephone appointment. For that appointment Dr. Moussavian never called me which wasn't the first time this happened. Went 5 weeks without medicine. Told the nurse numerous times for the Doctor to call me that my depression was getting worse and unbearable to live with without my medicine, plus I was experiencing terrible withdraws. Five calls with no call back! Very unprofessional and not having any regard for the patient well being.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
randy brisman – Apr 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Dr. Mossavian is an expert in his profession. He makes me feel welcomed and addresses issues directly that I have. He gives a very compassionate approach to his patient and I really appreciate him seeing me as the person that I am.
CC – Oct 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Dr. Moussavian has treated me for 20 years. I would not go to anyone else. When I ask him for advice, he gives me a straight answer, unlike other therapists who respond with "How do you feel about that?" He has been there for me through thick and thin. He responds immediately to urgent situations, regardless of time and/or weekend. He always has my best interests at heart.
S.H. – Oct 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
He has true talent in his field and is genuinely interested in helping his patients live better and more productive lives. He is a gift to the many people that he sees. He works tirelessly to see his patients and barely even has time to drink his own coffee. If you want the best, this is the guy to go see.
Jc – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
I would like to say I have been fortunate to have a connection with Dr. Moussavian as others, but he seems clearly overwhelmed to me. He changed my medication regime and I struggled with it, but when I told him it wasn’t working he said I needed to try harder. I don’t get returned calls when he’s made a mistake in forgetting to properly call my medication. I’ll so incredibly disappointed. I am more depressed then ever and I feel hopeless with him. Still waiting on a return call and 14 hours later nothing. Struggling at the moment.
Frances M – Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
I am Karen D. And Dr. Moussavian has been the father I never had. I got shot down and none of my family nurtured gave me structure. Dr. M never once judged me for feeling the way I did, he taught me so much and I admire respect and could not reached my goals these 10 years of being his patient. Karen Ridgewood NY.
Karen Doerner in Ridgewood, NY – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
I already wrote a review but somehow it got cut off. Hello, my name is Richard DeFren and I truly believe that this man absolutely saved my life. My whole life I have had major anxiety, depression, and add. I used to go to a Dr. named Dr.Lvol. Who was in the same office... I would go into her office, (Which is the same as Dr.Moussavian's) She died and Dr.Mossavian replaced her and I have to say that it was the best thing to ever happen to me. He truly cares about his patients and he thoroughly does whatever it takes to help. I have seen many psychiatrists in the past and they would always make me come in ...Wait in the waiting room for over an hour, only to go in to see her to throw medications at me and had me out of her office in 5 minutes instead of taking the time to really talk to me and find out what is the cause of the problem. Dr.Moussavian takes the time to work on me as a person and get to the root of my problem. It has helped my quality of life drastically. Thank you Dr.M!
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Hello, my name is Richard DeFren and I truly belive that this man absolutley saved my life. My whole like I have had major anxiety, depression, and add. I used to do to a Dr. named Dr.Lvol. She died and Dr.Mossavian replaced her and I have to say that it was the best thing to ever happen to me. He truly cares about his patients and he thoroly does whatever it takes to help. I have seen many psychiatrists in the past and
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Dr. Moussavian has been my psychiatrist for over 7-years. He is unlike most psychiatrists that I have ever had. Dr. Moussavian is engaging and truly cares about me as a patient. He takes the time to connect with me on a human level rather than simply handing me prescriptions.
Jessica Z. in Middle Village, NY – Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Excellent doctor, my mental health has definitely improved after starting treatment with him.
Jennifer in New York – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Dr. Moussavian has been my Psychiatrist since November 2013. I truly appreciate the care he provides for me. His kind, gentle, patient manner of communicating with me and all of his other patients. He is always very responsive to all my needs, and concerns. He gives me solid, professional advise at the times of extreme emotional difficulties. Dr. Moussavian truly cares about his patients and want to see us get better and do better in our lives. He the one to see when all else in life is bleak.
Raquella in New York, NY – Dec 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Dr. moussavium has been a godsend. NOT only is he well versed in th he field of psychiatry, he is also a well rounded doctor. I would have to say that he has had the biggest impact on my life than any other doctor I've ever seen. Anyone lucky enough to have him as a doctor is truly blessed.
Jose C in Forest hills, NY – Oct 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Dr. Moussavian is an excellent child psychiAtrist in my opinion. He has been treating my son who is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder and a.d.d for five years. My son has flourished under his care and I would recommend him highly....kerry jacobs
Kerry jacobs in Queens ny – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
Very understanding makes a patient feel alive again. His medical expertise changed me from a miserable man to a family man I made many decisions in life whether bad or good visiting Dr M was one of the best decision I ever made in my life now to enjoy the new me and lifestyle..finally everything has fallen into place!!!
Ernesto in 130-09 58rd – Jun 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?
He is he most compassionate, intelligent, and receptive doctor I have ever had.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Hannah Stejnbok in Rego Park, NY – Apr 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Hamid Moussavian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moussavian?