Dr. Hamid Bahadori, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 56

Dr. Hamid Bahadori, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Charleston, SC. Dr. Bahadori has more experience with Epilepsy, Headache, and Neurodegenerative Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital and Roper Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bahadori to book an appointment.

Charlestowne Internal Medicine

3531 Mary Ader Ave Ste A Charleston, SC 29414

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Bahadori is affiliated with Roper Hospital Charleston, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for neurology.

• Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Bahadori

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Bahadori treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Bahadori treats other conditions, please contact the office at (843) 723-0202.

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Dr. Bahadori is experienced in the area of Epilepsy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

Epilepsy
Seizure Disorders
EEG (Electroencephalogram)
Essential Tremor

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Bahadori is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache
Migraine

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Dr. Bahadori is experienced in the area of Neurodegenerative Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Dementia or Depression Screening
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Parkinson's Disease
Alzheimer's Disease

Neurocritical Care Disorders

Neurocritical care specialists diagnose and treat severe and life-threatening neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumor, and traumatic brain injuryCompare with other Neurocritical Care Disorders specialists.

Dr. Bahadori is experienced in the area of Neurocritical Care Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Cerebrovascular Disease

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Meningitis
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Pituitary Tumor
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Rathke's Cleft Cyst
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Study
  • Sleep-Related Leg Cramp
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Sudoscan
  • Syncope
  • TCD Bubble Test
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • Wada Test

Dr. Bahadori accepts

Dr. Bahadori accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Bahadori's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bahadori

3.1

Dr. Bahadori
Dr. Bahadori is a nice man to talk to, always is willing to listen and makes sure that the patient understands what is happening. However, his assistant and the office staff involved with getting a prescription renewed are either incompetent or just do not give a d***! My wife has PD and needs her meds "on time everytime". When it is time for a renewal for a prescription I have had to call as many as half a dozen times over a span of weeks to get the renewal. I have repeatedly been told that the prescription will be sent to the pharmacy "today" and yet a week later the pharmacy has not received it. I have been told that the prescription was sent and was to cover 90 days but what was actually prescribed was a supply for 15 days and the notation of "0 refills "! My wife does not over medicate, in fact she often takes half doses or skips a dose, if she is feeling well enough, just to try and make the meds last longer. I rate Dr Hamid Bahadori and his staff 1 star.
James A Nichols – Aug 17, 2021
Poor follow up. No imaging was scheduled despite it being ordered and me calling to request it be booked 3+ times.
Apr 22, 2021
I've had positive experiences with Dr Bahadori at every appointment and I wanted to thank him today on NATIONAL DOCTORS DAY.
Barbara Boland – Mar 31, 2020
Dr Bahadori is a wonderful, patient, caring, very professional Neurologist. I'd happily refer any friend or family to this Doc who REALLY listens!
James Rockwell – Jan 13, 2020
I've been seeing Dr. Bahadori for years. Hes a great doc & we would even talk about our kids because they were the same age. So I was scheduled for March 2019. I arrived was told I had an outstanding balance of $60 they said I told them I would call with a cc That was BS didnt even know about this bill.Then they said it was filed wrong and I would have to take care of it.The staff lies they have made several mistakes lied about it & said i was the one not telling the truth i spoke with Bahadori things were supposed to change.March was the last straw They wouldn't let me see doc after speaking with billing manager I asked to speak with doc wasnt allowed.Asked to have him call me I left 2 messages for him Till this day i havent heard from him Im sure he never got my messages I would love to hear from him to let him know how little his staff cares about patient lives I needed a refill, thankfully another doc filled it.Very rude & ignorant staff. 1st time in 38yrs Ive been turned away
Christine Bucia – Dec 17, 2019
Took 3 weeks for them to call to schedule my appt. I received the text day prior confirming my time and date. Arrived 30 minutes prior as instructed. I sat in the waiting room for 30 minutes watching the girls behind the counter do anything but their job. They finally called me to the counter, and promptly told me that they had no record of my appt. Turns out they moved my appt to another Dr in the office who is leaving the practice in 2 weeks (smart move). Understanding these things happen i asked for another appt. and was told the earliest was 5 weeks out. As most would I walked out. I'd like to say this was an isolated incident, but according to another office that referred me this seems to be an ongoing issue.. This seems to also be the norm with this profession in general. I'm sure Dr Bahadori is a fine Dr. and i'm very sorry his staff, and office manager are giving him a bad name. I invite him to contact me, and discuss this further, but sure that will not happen.
Anthony Tavel – Jun 21, 2019
How does his medical assistant Charity even have a job? She is so rude & always has a hacking cough right in my face. He old assistant was good but since he got Charity, I quit going there. She refuses my refills, has hung up the phone on me & gave me someone elses prescriptions. She lies & will say things that the Dr “supposedly” said but when I’d ask the Dr, he said he never said that. She even changed my medications without talking to Dr Bahadori about it first. Something smells fishy to me!!
Apr 16, 2019
TERRIBLE! Dr Bahadori is ok but his Doctors Assistant named CHARITY is very very unprofessional and rude! She would refuse to give me refills each month unless I paid for another office visit! She told me that the DR doesn’t want me as a patient anymore. I insisted on speaking with Dr Bahadori and he said that he never dismissed me from the practice but that Charity has done that before to other patients she doesn’t like. WTH!! They NEVER call you back about tests, appts or meds. ! STAY AWAY !
Apr 16, 2019
I have recommended 2 others to him; we are extremely pleased with him as our doctor. We like the fact he is thorough, truly concerned, and informative. He is the best Neurologist I have had (8 years) in 15 years and I would never consider for one second leaving him as a patient. I honestly say I have never had any problem with he or his staff, no long waits and always treated with dignity.
SJA – Dec 06, 2018
ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!! The staff makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get anything done. I called to request to be seen due to major side effects I experienced from the medication he prescribed. Days went by and still no return phone call to schedule my appointment. I called again and was told someone would call me back. I waited all day long and still no call. I called the next day and was told they are extremely busy with other patients and I NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Charleston, SC – Sep 26, 2018
Dr. Bahadori himself is pleasant enough but the overall operation is so badly run. When calling, 1/2 the time you get an After Hours recording, DURING their business hrs. If you can get past that, it gives you extension options then says it can't transfer you & hangs up. The FEW times you get an option to leave a msg, NO ONE will ever call you back. Their website is no better. My only viable means of reaching the doctor are: show up w/ no appt or write him a letter. Altogether too much trouble.
Ruth in Charleston – Aug 01, 2018
Dr. bahadori is an extremely intelligent man who takes the time to listen when many doctors do not have that personality anymore! I'm very grateful for him being my neurologist!
S. Corbett in Summerville, SC – May 30, 2018
One start because his staff is terrible.
Charleston – Mar 09, 2018
Not at all likely, staff is terrible.
Charleston – Mar 09, 2018
worse doctor ever
Charleston, SC – Jun 02, 2017
horrible staff and doctor
Charleston, SC – Jun 02, 2017
Not sure where to begin! Loved him in the beginning! First Neuro Dr. In years that had helped! office staff- very rude, condescending, , & stereotyping!! Had a visit, asked about a prescription, and 5 more minutes to speak with him! At first, assistant said wait, so I did. Then, at front window- said RX NOT authorized- very rudely, so I left. Called office when I returned home, so he could call me after hrs- office manager called, said he had dismissed me from Practice!! WOW don't even know why
Goose Creek – May 22, 2017
It's not the doctor but his office staff and reception are rude and condescending. The receptionist actually sweared at me
North Charleston, SC – Apr 06, 2017
Dr. Bahadori is very kind and gentle doctor. Takes time with me and explains everything very well.
29466 – Mar 31, 2017
Excellent doctor, very personal, cares about patients and has good recommendations. The office is really poor. Never calls back, never answers phone, can't get through. Breaks promises to follow up on insurance. Even had insurance call office to approve procedure but could not get through. Horrible, unorganized office.
Kaye Brewer in Charleston, sc – Dec 08, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Bahadori?

• Neurology