Dr. Hamid Abbasi, MD

Dr. Hamid Abbasi, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Tri State Brain/Spine Institute 6600 State Highway 29 S Alexandria, MN 56308 Get Directions

Dr. Hamid Abbasi, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Alexandria, MN. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Abbasi is affiliated with RiverView Health, University of Minnesota Medical Center - West Bank, Maple Grove Hospital, Fairview Ridges Hospital, Douglas County Hospital and North Memorial Medical Center.

Dr. Abbasi's Experience

See how Dr. Abbasi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abbasi

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Abbasi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abbasi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbasi to family and friends
Dr. Abbasi's Performance
Cavalier, ND |
After suffering for 6 years, he was the one that fixed me and I no longer have any pain.
in Ottertail, MN |
Dr. Abbasi performed a spinal fusion on my L3-L/5 in Nov of 2016. My experience has been excellent. He has a great bedside manner. It's important to him you understand the procedure and he is very patient answering questions. Even though I had two previous back surgeries in the 1990's resulting in scar tissue, I was able to have the minimally invasion procedure Dr. Abbasi has perfected. The difference in my recovery now compared to two decades ago is amazing! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Abbasi!
Alex., MN |
Dr Abbasi explains what he finds, is going to do and what to expect, very well. He spends time with his patients. The work he did on my back went very well. I recommend him.
in Montevideo |
By far the most knowledgeable doctor I have gone to for my back issues. He takes the time to make sure you understand what is going on and how he can help you. I have recommended him to a couple of friends. State of the art facility. Friendly helpful staff. I'm very glad I found Dr. Abbasi.
in Alexandria, MN |
Dr. Abbasi has the best bedside manner I have experienced. Not only in his office, but in the hospital as well. He made me feel very comfortable about the decision to have back surgery. He was very thorough in explaining everything from the beginning of appointments with him, all testing and results, and follow up appointments. I have already recommended him to a couple of acquaintances.
in Montevideo MN 56265 |
Sufferer of horrific burning, disabling nerve pain. Year 2007 I received a (failed) lumbar spine fusion? Then referred to pain management. I Searched for help for 10 years. I was finally blessed when I was guided to Dr. Abbasi! 1rst visit, I asked if he could help rid me of bed bound pain. After tests and exam Dr. Abbasi said YES! It's your SI joint, or joints. Dr. Abbasi a caring, professional surgeon! Did take the burning pain away, 4 days ago! Thank you Dr. Abbasi! All staff! Thank God!
in New London, MN |
I have searched for help from disabling pain after receiving a failed lumbar fusion, ( since 2007) Dr. Abbasi asked many questions, ordered tests; x Ray, CAT scan, MRI. On the first visit Dr. Abbasi, told me he could help. He performed all test injections himself, so as to find the source of that burning horrid pain, or nerve pain that often confined me to my bed. Dr. Abbasi the only surgeon, that did check my SI joints. 4 days post op, SI joint fusion surgery. I thank God, I thank Dr. Abbasi!
in Brainerd, MN |
Dr Abbasi gets right to the point, doesn't tip toe around. The first time I saw him he said right away he sees the problem but first we must take all the necessary steps, PT, Disco Gram & final decision. The Disco Gram really did show my major issue taking place. So we set up surgery to repair damaged area. Right away the pain I had was gone, now just a short recovery time thanks to the minimal surgery he preforms. He is very good at making sure your recovery is has painless as possible.
in BEARDSLEY MN |
i had lots of neck and back where it was hard to stand or sit. So my local doctor told see Dr. abbasi. And i glad i did the pain down the arms and down the legs was gone right after surgery. if ever in my life i issues again with my back. Dr. abbasi is who i will see again. 5 stars in my book
in Grove City, MN |
I have had spine surgery in the past done the old way and they were pure hell. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Abbasi and after taking an MRI he told me (you are really in bad shape but the good news is I can fix you). And he has kept his word. The surgery went very fast and I was out of bed and walking 4 hours later. This was the most remarkable treatment I have ever had. Arlo Buchholz Grove City, MN
in Underwood, MN |
I was referred to Dr. Abbasi after many years of pain. He tried many things, but it came down to surgery. Today, I have little to no pain. Dr. Abbasi's bedside manner is outstanding, and the education and explanations he provides for a patient are just as outstanding. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Fergus Falls, Mn. |
I seen a doctor in California for 7 years that neglected what Dr. Abassi compassionately careds for. I am now in the process of being healed and I thank Dr. Abassi and all his years of college. He strives to do what us ordinary citizens do not. The special thing is that we can all connect in a very ordinary way. He excels and the love for what he does shines through in his spirit each time I meet with him in his office. I am so great full that God lead me to the Tristate Brain and Spine Institut
in Willmar, mn |
After a 2 level micodiscecomyou and still in pain. Abbas I did all the right steps to get a Ollif fusion aproved. Which was done March 10th, all other medical options didn't work and the Ollif procedure was able to relieve all my pain and I feel great
in Detroit Lakes, MN |
i had not been able to sleep in a laying down position for the past ten years. I had chronic back pain for last 15 years. Since my surgery with Dr Abbasi in March of 2016 I have been sleeping in my bed for 6 to 7 hours a night without any pain. I no longer have chronic back pain. Best thing I ever did was come to the Tri-State Brain and Spine Institute. I would recommend Dr. Abbasi to everyone suffering with chronic back pain.
in Crookston, MN |
I had the Ollif procedure on L3 L4 & L5, on March 17th 2016 at Riverview hospital in Crookston, MN. I returned to work full time in hospitality & environment (a very physical job) on May 23rd 2016. I followed Dr. Abbasi's instructions, and all is exactly as he told me it would be. The pain I had endured for so long was gone as soon as I woke from the anesthesia. Patience has been very important. I will continue to highly recommend Dr. Abbasi to anyone that has spine issues. I have my life back!
in Benson Mn |
Dr. Abbasi is a miracle worker I hard no feeling in my legs and was on lot of meds tell he did the nerve stimulator an since I got it put in little over two weeks ago I got feeling in my legs and no back pain I would recommend Dr Abbasi to everyone thank u so much for everything you have done for me
in Battle Lake, MN |
I have had a doctor/patient relationship with Dr.Abbasi for over 4 years now. My last visit to him was yesterday. I had a total fusion of my lumbar and sacral spines 4 years ago and in January 2016, I had fusion of my thoracic spines up to T4. The reason I have required such extensive surgeries is due to my poor bone strength due to severe osteoporosis and scoliosis. Prior to seeing Dr. Abbasi in 2012, I was in constant pain and told by other surgeons that there was nothing they could do for me!
in Foley, MN |
Dr. Abbasi was very kind and understanding before,and after surgery. Answered all questions well.
The worse ever had an ollif was not asked about any other type of procedure I didn't know I had other options I have been in pain since with complete numbness down my left leg. When I called to tell h about complications he are me feel like he thought I was lying. Took CT scans and told me everything looked good and in place I got a 2nd and 3rd opinion and they both said everything was not okay now I have to have a redo surgery to fix me. Worse experience ever.
Have you seen Dr. Hamid Abbasi, MD?
Are you Dr. Abbasi?

Compare Dr. Abbasi

Dr. Abbasi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Minnesota not available

Dr. Abbasi has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abbasi's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

M D Anderson Cancer Ctr
    Methodist Hospital

• German
  • Persian

Dr. Abbasi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbasi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty