Dr. Halland Chen, MD

Dr. Halland Chen, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Pain Medicine  |

Dr. Halland Chen, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation pain medicine doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

Dr. Halland Chen

41 Park Ave Apt 1C

New York, NY 10016

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Chen

See how frequently Dr. Chen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Difficulty With Walking
Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Chen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chen "Dr. Halland is a pain management specialist and an expert in non­surgical knee, hip, shoulder, neck and low back pain recovery. He is dedicated to patient care and medical wellness and specializes in helping patients regain function and reducing pain from their medicalconditions through a multidisciplinary approach. Dr. Halland also has a special interest in Regenerative Medicine, which allows patients to heal naturally using the body's own growth factors and repair mechanisms. He believes in a multidisciplinary approach to pain management using traditional and non­traditional and drug­free pain treatment options. Dr. Halland graduated with a degree in Biology from the University of Miami, before going on to earn his Doctor of Medicine degree, with honors, from the Miller School of Medicine. He is double board certified, both in Physical Medicine; Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine. His residency in Physical Medicine; Rehabilitation was performed at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. Additionally, he has advance training from Beth Israel Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Interventional Pain Management, located in New York City."

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Chen I have been with Dr. Halland for over 2 years and my experience has been wonderful. When I came to him I could barely walk, and now I can even run without any problems.

Great office, nice and friendly knee treatments. Feels calm, not crowded or rushed. The doctor is kind and knowledgeable and since my treatments with Dr. Halland, my knees feel at least 0% improvement in pain, movement, and comfort.

I was referred by a friend after receiving a knee replacement diagnosis. Very apprehensive at the first appointment, Dr. Halland Chen saved my life. I am back to my normal activity and can look forward to one day dancing at my son's wedding.

"Dr. Halland Chen is NY's premier pain management physician and an expert in non-surgical knee, hip, shoulder, neck and lower back pain recovery. Highly skilled and compassionate. Works with leading-edge treatments including Regenerative Medicine."

• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Pain Medicine

• Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Pain Management
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Physical Therapy
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University of Miami
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Jackson Memorial Hospital
  • Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Chen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chen to family and friends
Dr. Chen's Performance
I have no complaints about Dr. Halland! Everything was excellent! My knees improved 100% since my visits and I am ready to run a marathon! Besides the treatment, the office is nice modern and the staff is great.
The best
The doctor is very competent and professional. My knee has had great improvements since my treatments, no more pain or swelling and I am walking much better. The staff is very helpful and the office is very pleasant and clean. I have recommended Dr. Halland to friends experiencing joint pain and will continue to do so in the future!
I was referred to the Vein Institute and Pain Centers of America by an administrative assistant at my former pain management doctors office. When i first came to the office it was for my back pain and Dr. Halland Chen took care of me and gave me epidural injections. After that my back felt very good and i had instant pain relief. I then had been referred to get an Ultrasound done on my veins because i was experiencing pain in my legs and they decided to go forward in fix...
The office is very polite and cheerful and they made the appointments to book easy. Dr. Halland really understood what was going on with my hair and solved the problem of my thinning hair. I had seen 3 doctors prior and they were unable to fix my alopecia areata, but Dr. Halland was able to find a solution to help my hair my hair come back in just a short period of time, I was seeing results. I did a combo of PRP and Acell. I highly recommend to anyone seeking hair growth...
in Vero Beach, FL |
Great doctor! Has helped me out with arthritis joint problems that no one else has been able to help with. All the other doctors wanted to replace my knees and ankle. His procedure took about 2.5 hours start to finish. After a year of healing with the Stem cell treatment I am mostly pain free and walking without a cane. (When I first saw him I was on crutches, the arthritis was so bad!) His office staff are phenomenal as well, always helpful and accommodating. I fly up from Florida...
Staff is very efficient and always welcoming. Less pain in my knees, there much more comfortable and easier to walk. The injections have helped me stand on my feet for longer periods of time without having to sit. Very appreciative!
When I was referred by someone and I came to see Dr. Halland, he immediately diagnosed the problem. I started feeling better after two treatments, my pain was gone and after my fifth treatment I don't have anymore pain. I really appreciate Dr. Halland. He is an amazing doctor. The staff is very nice and helpful, the office is immaculate. Everything is perfect.
Everything was really good with Dr. Halland and the office. The appointments are on time, the call backs are on time, everything is simple with the office. The treatments helped a lot, I can jog now whereas before I could not run. I'm not 100% there but it is a start, I look forward to more treatments and more improvement thanks to Dr. Halland.
I feel much better after the treatments with Dr. Halland. I am able to walk better, move better, use the stairs better. I am more flexible and every movement is easier since my treatments. The office is very good and the staff always work to help me, with a smile!
The knee pain has slowly subsided and I am moving a lot more these days! Yoga is finally fun again! Office is great, friendly staff, all smiles! The staff makes my day!
I initially came to Dr. Halland to treat my knee pain. But, due to Dr. Halland's expertise, he was able to treat not only my knees but also my leg pain. He noticed my legs were swollen and asked me several questions about my legs and we found out I had problems with my veins and circulation. Now, after my vein treatments, I can see my legs are less swollen, legs are more flexible, and I have more agility and strength in my legs. I am able to walk longer distance without p...
The injections were easy and painless and after all my treatments, my pain is almost gone. The pain I had felt before I received the injection series is gone. I am very, very please with my treatment with Dr. Halland. On top of it all, the staff is great and courteous and there is little to no wait time. Everything is very simple with the office and everything seems to run smoothly.
Great, all knowing doctor with a gentle touch. Both knees are feeling great! The doctor is super accommodating, highly recommend!
Good experience with Dr. Halland. Clean office, staff is great, everything is handled on time and very well. Everyone in the office always tries to help me. The doctor always takes the time to explain things with me and I never feel rushed or hurried out. My knees have improved by at least 70% from when I first came to Dr. Halland. I am very happy with my treatment.
After injection my mobility increased and I have less pain. The staff makes the appointments quick and easy, it's very professional.
Very very good doctor! The treatments are working really well, my legs feel at least 60% improvement and the pain is going away. The people who work here are very courteous, helpful, patient, and kind. It's easy to get or change my appointment, the staff try to help in any way they can both in my appointments and my pain! Would recommend this doctor!!
Ever since the treatment I've been moving much better and more efficiently at the job, as I do a lot of moving and getting up and down. My knees are much more comfortable and the pain is gone. Dr. Halland is great and so is his staff, the environment is amazing and I'm very comfortable when I come here.
When I came in I used to have pain when walking 1/2 block, and I needed to stop... and now I can walk much more and now able to do things at home that I could not do before. My pain improved and 85% improved. The office is convenient and the staff is very courteous to me.
I love coming to this office, they always make me feel welcome and comfortable. The staff is courteous and helpful and the Dr. Halland is knowledgeable and skilled. Before my knee treatments, I was constantly in pain and even had trouble sleeping. Now, my knees feel great and I have no pain anymore. This is the kind of place that makes patients want to come back. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Halland to anyone that needs his services.
The most fabulous experience with a medical provider...EVER. Nobody believes I am walking the way I am walking. I have received almost 100% improvement in both my mobility and pain. Regardless of that, the office is fabulous, staff is wonderful and SO efficient and accommodating.
Dr. Halland has been excellent. My knees have improved 100% since coming to him. I am able to walk better for longer distances with NO pain. I also received some vein treatments which have contributed to more comfort in my everyday life. The office is fantastic and the staff is kind and helpful. I recommend Dr. Halland to anyone looking for a pain management doctor.
The doctor seems very knowledgeable and skilled. My knees have improved about 60% in pain scale, movements, and comfort. Also, when I am sleeping, the pain is gone which used to be a big problem for me. The office is spectacular and the staff is excellent. Very satisfied with Dr. Halland.
My visits with Dr. Halland and his office have always been pleasant. The treatment has helped my knee to where there is less pain and less grinding of my bones. The office is a pleasure to come to and the staff is always kind and helpful. Will be coming back for my treatments and would recommend Dr. Halland to anyone who is experiencing joint pain!
I used to have a lot of pain and couldn't move, but after my treatments it's a lot better and I'm able to walk better. Work is easier for me too. I can get out of the bed and start walking, I wasn't able to do that before. The location is very easy and my appointments are easy to make. Dr. Halland is very helpful and takes care of me.
The procedure was painless and successful. My knees are feeling so much better. Before I came here, I had difficulty bending my knees, and now thanks to Dr. Halland, I don't think twice about it. The staff is professional and wait time is minimal. Would strongly recommend!!!
My Knees have improved considering the type of pain i was experiencing I am walking briskly and i have not done that in years .The Dr is caring and considerate the staff makes the office a second home. Treatment is stress free and painless.
Knees feeling wonderful, and there's an 80% improvement in my knees. I am now using my treadmill now, since before it was painful and now after my treatment I can use it and also walk more. The office is gorgeous and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and my appointments are very on time. I always appreciate the reminders I get from the staff. Dr. Halland is very warm, down to earth and helpful, I've been a patient for several years and doing great.
Office was very easy to book an appointment, the staff was very nice to me. The treatments helped me walk better and feel better. There is an improvement and now I can do my job easier, especially since I'm on feet a lot for work. I move around the house easier too.
Overall, Dr. Halland has very good positive energy that is contagious in a very good way. His approach to healing and preserving the body's natural composition is very important in my recovery, overall health and well being. I have trusted his approach the past two years to very positive results. I can only speak to proven results, in his approach. Very glad I bumped into him a couple of years back, wish I would have known about him ten years ago.
very helpful, i have been seeing dr.halland from the last 2 years and not only is the knee pain taken care of but the friendly office atmosphere makes it welcoming and a joy ride.
The treatment plan that Dr. Halland has given me is definitely working, in every sense - range of motion, mobility, and comfort. I come here because the office and staff gets the job done, efficiently and kindly. The office and staff make me feel comfortable and the atmosphere is welcoming. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Halland.
A great doctor who is friendly, accommodating, and friendly each visit. Before I started with Dr. Halland, it was so painful to walk up the stairs; I really couldn't walk for extended periods of time. Now, I don't feel much pain. My treatments allowed me big improvement in both my comfort level and mobility. I would, and do, recommend Dr. Halland to my family, friends, and co-workers.
Excellent, the doctor is wonderfully helpful and makes his patients feel comfortable. Treatment methods practiced by the doctor helped me feel better and pain free. The clinic and the staff are helpful and spend time with the patients. I would recommend Dr.Halland always for anyone who has joint pain or joint injury.
My experience with Dr. Halland has been great so far! I have been able to walk better and faster, with less pain. My knee used to give out on me, I would be walking and it would cause me to fall. But now, after my treatment with Dr. Halland, that hasn't happened at all. The office is always clean and the personnel is personal. I am always greeted with a smile and warm regards.
Dr. Chen has provided exceptional treatment with regards to the severe pain I felt in my knees and hip. Within a few weeks of treatment I experienced great improvement in my range of motion as well as reduced pain. The office staff is extremely helpful and accommodating; they take the extra steps to ensure you have a problem-free experience. Overall I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Halland to anyone looking to relieve their pain with little to no trouble.
My experience with Dr. Chen and his staff have gone above and beyond. I am able to walk and function due his treatments. Before I found Dr. Chen I was ready to go into disability due to extreme knee pain and unable to walk long distances. I am now attending my gym on a regular and can walk long distance with no pain. My knees feel as if I were 20 years old again. Thank you Dr. Chen for allowing me to enjoy life again.
I've had knee pain for years, my gait was off causing foot, ankle, and back pain. After week one, I knew Dr. Halland was making a difference. At week five, I'm waiting to instructions so I can wear heals again - for the first time in 10 years!
Dr. Halland has been my doctor for several years, and he helped me heal from my sports related injuries. I was in chronic pain, and with his help, I've been able to get back to playing the sports I love. He really takes his time to understand what is going on with the patient, and goes the extra mile to deliver that personal touch. He's simply the best, especially for knee pain.
After having a major back injury in 2009 during martial arts training, I suffered with Chronic Back Pain. In the summer of 2013 I was referred to Dr. Halland. From the moment I walked into his office, I felt like Dr. Halland treated me with the utmost attention, not just another name on a sign-in sheet. His attention to my medical injury as well as past treatments helped develop a Pain Management regiment that has allowed me to return to activities that I at times thought...
Dr. Halland is a fantastic doctor. Rather than just deciding what's wrong and showing me the door, he spent a long time just talking to me and discussing my pain, activities, goals and etc. Dr. Halland treats the person, not the problem, a rare trait these days. I have been a patient of Dr. Halland for 4 years, keeping up with my treatment for back, shoulder and neck injuries which he has helped significantly resolve. I recommend Dr. Halland many times to my friends and c...
Have you seen Dr. Halland Chen, MD?

Visit Dr. Chen

Dr. Chen accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.