Orthopedic Hip Surgery  |
Dr. Hal Martin, DO
Dr. Hal Martin, DO is an orthopedic hip surgery doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas.

3900 Junius St Ste 705

Dallas, TX 75246

• Principal Financial Group
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Martin

Dr. Martin's Experience

Dr. Martin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hip Surgery

• Labrum Repair
  • Neuroplasty
  • Piriformis Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

• Oklahoma State Univ Center For Health Sciences College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Pittsburgh, Sports Medicine and Hip Pathology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Martin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Martin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Martin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Martin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Martin to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Martin's Performance
in Plano, TX |
I was in excruciating pain after a botched hip replacement. Dr. Martin healed me with his diagnostic, surgical and compassionate approach. After less than 2 years, I was doing activities I never thought I'd get to do again ... long road trips, hikes up 2,000-foot mountains, golf. I sometimes even forget which hip it was. Without Dr. Martin's intervention and expertise, my life would be so different (and complacent).
Richardson, TX |
Went to Dr. Martin for a labral tear. It was fixed, but other things occurred in surgery and now I have pain I have never had. Post-surgery I explained my pain issues and was told I had "Diagnosis A", for which I needed PT. At the follow up appointment (after 3 months of PT), there was no PT report, and not even a mention of Diagnosis A nor the PT. Very nice person, but so scattered and forgetful from one appointment to the next. Had I seen that from Day 1, I would never have gone back.
in Elmore city Oklahoma |
Six years ago had bone structural surgery on left hip, six months ago had extensive nerve work done!!! I have to say with God and Dr. Martin, I have my life back!!!! Not only is Dr. Martin one of the most brilliant Doctors In this county, his compassion, and work ethic is Second to none!!!!!! It may take awhile for him to figure what approach needs to be done, and that's ok, let him do his magic!!!!! I could never thank him enough for what he has done for me!! Truly a God sent!
Ruined my life. Please do not even think about going here for a consult let alone surgery. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. Go anywhere else but here.
in Madison, WI |
Dr. Martin and his staff were wonderful! They were caring and kind. My surgery went well and my first follow up was great! I'd recommend Dr. Martin to my friends and family!!!
Plano, TX |
Dr. Martin is incredible and being only 18 and having one hip surgery and waiting on another one, he has changed my life. However, no matter what time I have scheduled my appointment, the wait has always been 1-4 hours before anyone comes to take you back which is very very annoying and frustrating.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr Martin has a charming Charisma and confidence and shows interest in research in hip preservation. However, he does not listen to full history. He has to know, and if he does not know or not sure, he will not admit it and he will give you a list of 3 to 4 surgical problems that you are stuck with him for over year. He forgets some times that his patients are smart and can understand all his medical jargon , yet he will treat you like you can't get it. Even if he is right, his ego repelled me.
Being only 22 years old, and after having hip problems for 5 years, 1 surgery, cortisone shots, physical therapy a lot of frustration, and more, I was referred to see Dr. Martin because my Doctor at the time didn't know what was causing my hip problems. Dr. Martin was a God send! He is very personal, was honest, and such a nice person! He did my 2nd surgery on my hip in October, and I am finally pain free!! He is awesome, and so is all of his staff at the office! I highly recommend him!
Keller, TX |
Fantastic Doctor! Wish I wasn't still waiting on my refund 3 months after my surgery. They make you pay $800 up front (even though my deductible/ out of pocket) was met. Very frustrating since I don't have $800 laying around. Office staff can be a little rude, and I've always had to wait at least an hour to be seen. Dr. Martin is worth the wait though.
in Addison, TX |
Dr Martin is truly awesome and really tries to get to the cause of an issue in addition to getting you relief. He is very thorough and brings in other doctors when necessary, as well as having medical students on hand for teaching opportunities. Awesome doctor!
in Perkasie Pa 18944 |
I was searching for the source of my pain for 5 yrs I had one Dr actually tell me that 80% of his patients were women like me with folders like mine. That I was not centered. I was centered with God. I was on a mission to not be another number or play a victim.We prayed this Dr Martin. He took time tests and listened to me. He found the source had surgery healing on target. Still more to do. I have trust and Faith He will do what is possible.We travel from Phila to Texas for his expertise.
Have you seen Dr. Hal Martin, DO?
Are you Dr. Martin?