Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD

Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD

Neurology  |

Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Denver, CO. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 45 years. Dr. Kakkar is affiliated with Boulder Community Health and The Medical Center of Aurora.

Lowry Neurology Associates, PC

495 Uinta Way Ste 130

Denver, CO 80230

• Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Kakkar

Dr. Kakkar's Experience

Dr. Kakkar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Nystagmus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Christian Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Harlem Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Harlem Hospital Center
  • Va Healthcare System
  • University Of California Los Angeles Medical Center Program
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kakkar has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Kakkar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kakkar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

The Medical Center of Aurora

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Stroke Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Kakkar is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Kakkar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kakkar to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Kakkar's Performance
in Denver, CO |
If you want a Self-Righteous Pill Pusher, this is your place to go. With a cursory exam--at best--I was given samples of a drug (with MANY Horrific side-effects) which he suggested might help a condition he was unsure I had. He suggested I was foolish for not taking medication for a previous condition. He also stated, like a good psychiatrist playing with your head, that, "People who listen to me get better, and those that don't listen, get worse". He was, in fact, incorrect in that statement.
in Brighton CO |
Dr Kakkar is my second neurologist since I was diagnosed with Parkinson's. The first neurologist was very impersonal, I usually only got to see the physician's assistant. Dr Kakkar has been the opposite! he is very personal and caring. He has been a great help treating my Parkinson's and encouraging me to do the Deep Brain Stimulation to improve my quality of life. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great neurologist.
in Denver, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kakkar's since 2005. Beginning with my first appointment I have had complete trust in him. He always answers my questions, taking the time to explain my treatments and medications. Dr. Kakkar and his staff make me feel like family, always friendly and courteous. I have recommended him to family and friends.
in Englewood, CO |
Dr. Kakkar isn't wonderful. He has always had time to answer any/ all of my questions. He has made modifications to my medications, and I have not had any episodes of pain, since the changes.
in Denver, CO |
My first visit with Dr Kakkar was not the best. His demeanor was serious. But as I got to know him, I realized he cared about me as if I was his dad. As far as his expertise as a neurologist, he is one of the best. For example, he made the option of having Deep Brain Stimulation available to me since I had Parkinson's disease. He encouraged me all along the way. His staff is awesome. Very friendly.
Boulder, CO |
Dr. Kakkar has been a blessing in my life. I had been experiencing hand tremors, often severe, and other neurologists had brushed this off as essential tremor. On reviewing my situation, Dr. Kakkar discovered that I was on a nearly toxic dose of gabapentin; as we cut down that dosage and added a small dose of topamax, the tremor has all but disappeared. I have had a most positive experience in working with Dr. Kakkar, and would gladly recommend him to anyone needing a good neurologist.
in Aurora, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr. Kakkirs since 2000, I have MS. he's a amazing Dr. He knows exactly what's going on even if I can't explain it. We have an a great Dr. patience relationship. I'm very happy he's my dr.
in Lafayette, CO |
Dr. Karkar changed my life. I have had seizures since birth until I started seeing Dr. Karkar in 2002. He recommended that I have a Vegas Nerve implant and since then I have only had a couple of seizures. I feel he is giving me the best of care and I am thankful he is my doctor.
in Boulder, CO |
Dr Kakkar is very quiet, confident and thorough. I trusted him after my first visit and felt that I could trust his diagnosis of my condition. He spent as much time with me as was necessary allowing me to ask what ever questions I had. Since my first appointment I have had several followup appointments to adjust medication. He performed the necessary exam with the same manner as my first visit. His experience made me feel very comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous.
in Castle Pines, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kakkar for about 8 years. He has been treating me for essential head tremor with botox injections to back of neck. I receive injections every three months. He and his staff have always treated me with courtesy and in a professional manner. Any questions I have ever had were answered thoughtfully. I would personally recommend Dr. Kakkar to anyone in need of a qualified and honest neurologist.
in Aurora, CO |
I have been seeing this doctor since early 2001. He is a great doctor. He has always been attentive to my medical needs. Even during my divorce he saw me as a private pay patient. He explained to me what the cost would be and I just brought the money with me to the appointment, no problem. The staff are great. There always very friendly and considerate. This doctor has even called me at home on the weekend to see how I was feeling after a hospital ER visit. And I can ask questions if I want !
in Aurora, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kakkar's for more than 10 years. He has always been very thoughtful, concerned about my seizure condition and LISTENS to me. I never feel rushed through an office visit, Dr. Kakkar gives me his full attention. I would recommend Dr. Kakkar 100% And Brenda who schedules appointments has been with Dr. Kakkar as long as I've been a patient, 10 years or more, she's professional with a sense of humor, making it a pleasure to work with Dr. Kakkar and his team. Judy
in Boulder, CO |
The most obnoxious doctor I have ever visited in my life. He is rude, dismissive and when I told him I did not have insurance he said he cannot help me. I told him that was terrible. He finally did refer me for testing but flat out refused to even review the results with me over the phone. He is highly unethical and violated his Hippocratic oath by doing this. He should not be allowed to practice and wouldn't, be if Boulder Medical Center wasn't completely desperate for Neurologists.
Terrible bedside manner. Doesn't listen or allow questions. Seems to be annoyed and even rolled his eyes when I did ask a question. Office staff is rude. Accused me of lying when I called and told them that my insurance company had not received their fax, yet they couldn't give me the number they claimed they faxed it too. No concern for the patients well being!
Have you seen Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD?
Are you Dr. Kakkar?