Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD

Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD

Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry) | Male | 67 years old

Boulder Medical Center

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Kakkar specializes in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry) and practices in Boulder, CO. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Kakkar? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Kakkar's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kakkar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kakkar

Dr. Kakkar accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kakkar has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Kakkar

Dr. Kakkar's Review Details
2.5 based on 33 responses
Experience with Dr. Kakkar
Dr. Kakkar's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Englewood, CO |
Dr. Kakkar isn't wonderful. He has always had time to answer any/ all of my questions. He has made modifications to my medications, and I have not had any episodes of pain, since the changes.
in Denver, CO |
My first visit with Dr Kakkar was not the best. His demeanor was serious. But as I got to know him, I realized he cared about me as if I was his dad. As far as his expertise as a neurologist, he is one of the best. For example, he made the option of having Deep Brain Stimulation available to me since I had Parkinson's disease. He encouraged me all along the way. His staff is awesome. Very friendly.
Boulder, CO |
Dr. Kakkar has been a blessing in my life. I had been experiencing hand tremors, often severe, and other neurologists had brushed this off as essential tremor. On reviewing my situation, Dr. Kakkar discovered that I was on a nearly toxic dose of gabapentin; as we cut down that dosage and added a small dose of topamax, the tremor has all but disappeared. I have had a most positive experience in working with Dr. Kakkar, and would gladly recommend him to anyone needing a good neurologist.
in Aurora, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr. Kakkirs since 2000, I have MS. he's a amazing Dr. He knows exactly what's going on even if I can't explain it. We have an a great Dr. patience relationship. I'm very happy he's my dr.
in Lafayette, CO |
Dr. Karkar changed my life. I have had seizures since birth until I started seeing Dr. Karkar in 2002. He recommended that I have a Vegas Nerve implant and since then I have only had a couple of seizures. I feel he is giving me the best of care and I am thankful he is my doctor.
in Boulder, CO |
Dr Kakkar is very quiet, confident and thorough. I trusted him after my first visit and felt that I could trust his diagnosis of my condition. He spent as much time with me as was necessary allowing me to ask what ever questions I had. Since my first appointment I have had several followup appointments to adjust medication. He performed the necessary exam with the same manner as my first visit. His experience made me feel very comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous.
in Castle Pines, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kakkar for about 8 years. He has been treating me for essential head tremor with botox injections to back of neck. I receive injections every three months. He and his staff have always treated me with courtesy and in a professional manner. Any questions I have ever had were answered thoughtfully. I would personally recommend Dr. Kakkar to anyone in need of a qualified and honest neurologist.
in Aurora, CO |
I have been seeing this doctor since early 2001. He is a great doctor. He has always been attentive to my medical needs. Even during my divorce he saw me as a private pay patient. He explained to me what the cost would be and I just brought the money with me to the appointment, no problem. The staff are great. There always very friendly and considerate. This doctor has even called me at home on the weekend to see how I was feeling after a hospital ER visit. And I can ask questions if I want !
in Aurora, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kakkar's for more than 10 years. He has always been very thoughtful, concerned about my seizure condition and LISTENS to me. I never feel rushed through an office visit, Dr. Kakkar gives me his full attention. I would recommend Dr. Kakkar 100% And Brenda who schedules appointments has been with Dr. Kakkar as long as I've been a patient, 10 years or more, she's professional with a sense of humor, making it a pleasure to work with Dr. Kakkar and his team. Judy
in Boulder, CO |
The most obnoxious doctor I have ever visited in my life. He is rude, dismissive and when I told him I did not have insurance he said he cannot help me. I told him that was terrible. He finally did refer me for testing but flat out refused to even review the results with me over the phone. He is highly unethical and violated his Hippocratic oath by doing this. He should not be allowed to practice and wouldn't, be if Boulder Medical Center wasn't completely desperate for Neurologists.
Terrible bedside manner. Doesn't listen or allow questions. Seems to be annoyed and even rolled his eyes when I did ask a question. Office staff is rude. Accused me of lying when I called and told them that my insurance company had not received their fax, yet they couldn't give me the number they claimed they faxed it too. No concern for the patients well being!
in Boulder, CO |
Does not allow one to ask questions or discuss symptoms. Rushes patients out of the room after six minutes or leaves the room himself. Rude, completely unconcerned. An entire exam consisted of spelling a five letter word backward, remembering 3 words for 30 seconds and touching finger to nose. That's it for a dementing neurological condition which is destroying a life. Always late.
Have you seen Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD?
Are you Dr. Hakumat Kakkar, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Nystagmus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Christian Medical College

Graduated in 1972

Harlem Hospital Center
    Harlem Hospital Center
    Va Healthcare System
    University Of California Los Angeles Medical Center Program

Dr. Kakkar has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Kakkar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kakkar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Kakkar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)
  • Board certified in Neurology and Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Kakkar

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Kakkar's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Kakkar

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients