Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. H William Schaaf, MD
Dr. Schaaf joins Rothman Institute, having practiced orthopaedic surgery in Phoenixville and Pottstown for over 27 years. He has a special interest in joint replacement. He is board certified in both orthopedic surgery and internal medicine, graduating with honors from Temple University Med School in 1977, completing an internal medicine residency there in 1980, and then completing his orthopedic surgery training at The university of Chicago in 1985. He is a member of The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.

400 Enterprise Dr

• Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Schaaf

Dr. Schaaf's Experience

Dr. Schaaf's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

• Hip Replacement
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Bucknell University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Temple University
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • Temple University
  • University of Chicago Hospitals and Clinics

Dr. Schaaf has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schaaf does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schaaf and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schaaf's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schaaf to family and friends
Dr. Schaaf's Performance
in schwenksville, pa |
I had a total knee replacement and am very pleased with the results. Dr. Schaaf explained the condition of my knee, what he would do to repair it, and what to expect afterwards. His follow up care was excellent. The staff were all kind and knowledgeable. Everyone took time to answer all my questions. It was such a positive experience I am getting ready to have the second knee done!
in Perkasie, PA |
I was in a lot of pain due to other issues and was originally scheduled for hip replacement in September. I was cleared for surgery early and Dr Schaaf was able to move my surgery up to July. Surgery went great and I was back walking in 2 1/2 weeks with little pain. Highly recommend Dr Schaaf.
in schwenksville, pa |
Would highly recommend Dr. Schaaf. I was very pleased with care and treatment.
in Fleetwood, PA |
A previous orthopedic surgeon was most concerned with my age rather than quality of life. My family doctor recommended the Rothman Institute. Dr Schaaf listened to my concerns about not being able to do the activities I love and performed a total knee replacement. Every step along the process was explained thoroughly. His progressive philosophy of using self administered physical therapy through videos is working great. I am 8 weeks after surgery and am walking normally and doing stairs.
in Oaks, PA |
Having me knee replaced was the best thing I did. No more pain and sleepless nights. Dr. Schaaf did an amazing job, my scar is very fine and hardly noticeable. I have recommended Dr. Schaaf to a number of friends and will continue to let everyone know what a fabulous job he dies.
in Douglassville, PA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schaaf, his staff and the hospital and its staff, as well. Dr. Schaaf was pleasant, professional, answered all my questions and concerns and was very encouraging and kind. I never felt any injections he gave and he never hurried me through a visit. An added bonus...he put me at ease with his great sense of humor. And his nurse, Sarah, was a sweetheart. She always returned my calls in a short period of time and was very helpful explaining meds and procedures.
in king of prussia, pa |
From my initial visit / consultation all the way through post-op visit, I can't say enough about how positive this experience has been. The doctor, his nurse and all ancillary staff were extremely professional and caring in their approach. They allayed any fears I had regarding this surgery and were confident I would have a successful outcome. The whole process was seamless and organized which I think has contributed to my expedient recovery. Kudos to all!!!
Harleysville, PA |
Very disappointed with the total knee replacement I had done. Makes a clunking sound with every step I take. It has collapsed unexpectedly on occasion.
Dear Patient, We would love to speak with you directly about your concerns. Please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Schaaf performed a left knee replacement surgery on me three months ago, and I have to say I am so excited about the results. He was terrific/excellent and gave me back my quality of life. I don't have any pain and I'm walking very well and bending my knee like normal. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.
in Phoenixville, PA |
I would recommend Dr. Schaaf to everyone I know who needs knee replacement, hip replacement and all general orthopedic problems. He is thorough and explains what will be done. He takes his time and answers any question. Makes a patient feel confident that everything will be fine.
Phoenixville, PA |
Dr. Schaaf has a relaxed approach that is welcoming. He explains what he sees and what he can do. Surgery went smoothly and I have been pleased with the results. At 6 months I am doing much more than I could do before the surgery and have been very pleased.
in ROYERSFORD.PA. |
I RECOMEND DR. SCHAAF HE DID MY KNEE REPLACEMANT VERY SATISFTED WITH THE RESULTS HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND MANAGED PAIN. GREAT FOLLOW UP VISITS. G. REESE
in Pottstown, PA |
From the First time I met him, you just know . He has a calming demeanor about him. Easy choice on my part. Great staff, Great experience !! Thank you Dr. Schaff
in Paoli, PA |
I had a great experience starting with the first visit, subsequent visits, surgery, and post-surgery visits. The surgery, and Dr. Schaaf's willingness to answer my questions, and make recommendations have resulted in my "getting my life back," with a total hip replacement.
in phoenixville, pa |
I had such a positive experience throughout the whole surgery and recovery. I strongly recommend this Dr. Schaff and the practice and Limerick Surgical facility to anyone (especially those who are reluctant to have surgery) needing surgery. They are a first rate team and I am so grateful to have had them provide my knee replacement. On a scale of 1 to 10 they are well above 10.
in Harleysville, PA |
Excelant experience
in Douglassville, PA |
Such a gentle man with a pleasant manner. Very knowledgeable and eager to ease your pain and suffering. Very thorough!
in Perkiomenville, Pa. 18074 |
I received the best treatment anyone could expect.
in Boyertown, Pa. |
He listens to your needs and understands what you are going through and considers what it is that you need and the best way to approach it.
in Sanatoga, PA |
Had both knees done within a year. Dr Schaaf did a wonderful job and his staff can't be beat. Pain level was minimal. He's a very caring doctor and I would highly recommend him!
in Pottstown, PA |
Dr. Schaaf was very personal and upfront with what my issues were. He told me right away that my hip was bone on bone and that I was a prime candidate for hip replacement. His demeanor and bed side manner were upbeat and he always kept me informed of my progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Schaaf to anyone needing hip surgery.
in PHONIXVILLE, PENNA |
Best Doctor I've had in years. Very personal.
in Norristown, PA |
I had both hips replaced 7 weeks apart this summer ('16). I felt complete confidence in Dr. Schaaf. His knowledge of his field and relaxed manner made it a very positive experience for me. I am very grateful that I had Dr. Schaaf in my care!
in Pottstown, PA |
I would recommend Dr. Schaaf who replaced my hip, to anyone because during my visits,he takes his time to explain my xrays to me, makes sure,I'm doing, as well as I think I am,and cares about me as a patient.
in Downingtown, PA |
Dr. Schaaf has been professional, encouraging, and caring in his dealings with me through two knee replacement surgeries.
in Collegeville, PA |
I had a double Knee replacement on May 6th 2016. It has been a great experience. Dr Schaaf is a wonderful caring doctor he takes his time, explains everything and what to expect. He always has time to talk and answer your questions. Best of all excellent Doctor....No more knee pain...
in SAint Peters, Pa. |
My whole Experience with Dr. Schaaf was wonderful. He was very informative , answered all my questions and very supportive! I really cannot say enough good things about him and his staff.From the first time I went for consultation until the actual surgery has been nothing but a good experience. From the staff at the front desk to the nurses, to the x-ray technician and to his Wonderful assistant Sarah Kolata RN, it was nothing but some sailing. Very caring, warm, friendly people!!!!
in Temple Pa 19560 |
Excellent. Would recommend him highly. Did everything he said he was going to do. Kept me informed.
in Souerton, PA |
Dr. Schaaf seems extremely knowledgable in his field, took time to answer questions and explain everything, as well as having a plesant bedside manner.
in Malvern, PA |
Due to Dr. Schaaf it was an easy decision to make for my total knee replacement. Dr. Schaaf listens when you speak. He is professional, honest, encouraging, accurate and a perfectionist. The online Force Therapy Program was very clear to follow for physical therapy and it provided instructions which allowed me to become strong in two weeks. I am very pleased with my Rothman experience. If it wasn't for Dr. Schaaf and his staff I would not have the confidence and strength I have now. Thank you.
in Royersford, PA |
Dr. Schaaf is caring and considerate of my feelings. He is easy to talk to and explains things in language I can understand. I put my faith in him and was not disappointed. I love my new knee and will have no hesitation in calling him when the time is right to replace my other knee. I would not hesitate in recommending, and have, to my friends and acquaintences.
in Spring City, Pa |
Very proffesional and polite staff. I had a very bad knee. Dr. Schaaf gave me a total knee replacement. My recovery going very well and amazed how good the knee feels! Thanks Dr. Schaaf! I get my life back! :)
in Norristown, PA |
My experience with Dr. Schaaf was excellent.
Have you seen Dr. H William Schaaf, MD?

Visit Dr. Schaaf