Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD

Dr. Farhadi
Telehealth services available

Ohio State University Neurological Surgery

543 Taylor Ave Columbus, OH 43203

Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Columbus, OH. Dr. Farhadi has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute and Ohio State University Hospitals. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Farhadi to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Columbus

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Farhadi accepts

Dr. Farhadi accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Mutual of Omaha

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 83% more than their peers

Dr. Farhadi treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Spine Deformities

Dr. Farhadi treats Spine Deformities more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Farhadi treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Farhadi treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Farhadi treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

• Brain Surgery
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Complex Spine Disorders
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Injury
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Farhadi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Farhadi

4.4

Dr. Farhadi?
What People Say About Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD
Dr. H Francis Farhadi was recommended to me in May of this past year. At that time I was experiencing sciatic pain to the point it was intolerable. Traditional treatments including pain management and Physical therapy were ineffective. Dr. Farhadi and his competent, caring, and attentive staff were able to diagnose Spondylolisthesis. The accuracy of his testing pinpointed the site of my impingement and once diagnosed had me in Surgery within 4 days. My Post op care was exemplary, I was involved in all decisions that were made and was never at any time without a direct communication with this Provider. I felt that he was on my team every moment of every day whether it was him or his assistants. Today 7 months later I am 100% pain free and not taking any medications. The caveat was that he would not treat me as a smoker and as a result I am smoke free for the first time in 40 years.
George Peto – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
a follow up, after2nd visit. he spent more time, tried to help me with a pain clinic.But OSU had informed him of the 1st review.post op pain not enough. I have had to visit/referred to MANY Drs. due to Chronic AND NOW post op severe pain. The illicit opioid crisis has caused fear in all drs.ALL THOSE that I have seen thus far. The overzealous DEA, DOJ, & CDC have them running scared. This review would probably have been much better, if the Gov’t. would let them do their job w/o fear. Most all I have seen are employed by hospitals who are also cutting back on much needed RX’s. So, they cannot prescribe w/o fear of boss writing them up, and now the Government telling them to let us/me suffer. Many are treating us like criminals, doing nothing, or just saying,” my hands are tied” I cannot help you. A few have said,” I know you are in pain, the disease you have is very painful, learn to live with it, or find a good pain clinic.( See reviews on finding one) I cannot prescribe anything”
Sue Stewart – Nov 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
I received excellent care by this surgeon. I am very impressed with the follow-ups especially. One year after surgery and no problems so far. I highly recommend this wonderful doc!!
Donald Hopkins – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Dr. Farhadi is a wonderful and caring doctor. I’ve made sure to tell any family or friends with a spine problem to see this surgeon first before deciding for or against surgery . You can actually trust what he tells you .
Ron McPherson – Sep 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
I looked around and met several surgeons before choosing Dr. Farhadi. There really was no choice after my initial meeting with him. He explained the problem and my images so clearly. His confidence and suggested plan of care far surpassed my experience with the other doctors. My microdiscectomy surgery and follow-up care could not have gone any better. I am so grateful for what Dr. Farhadi has done for me. You cannot go wrong with this surgeon.
Kathleen Murray – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Dr. Farhadi is one of the most caring physicians I have ever met. His bedside manner is so wonderful. I tried therapy but eventually just couldn't take it anymore. The surgery he performed has changed my life and I am again able to work again. I owe Dr. Farhadi everything and would trust him with my life!
James Osborne – Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Highly recommend Dr. Farhadi. I was very impressed by his personal phone calls. The staff is wonderful! My primary doctor was very impressed by Dr. Farhadi’s skills after reading the surgical report. Listening to my doctor reading the report and his word saying wow numerous times of the work Dr. Farhadi had performed on me. I had left Dr. Farhadi’s card with my doctor. My doctor was very impressed with Dr. Farhadi’s medical background and credentials. I wouldn’t hesitate in contacting Dr. Farhadi in the future if needed. Well worth the 2 1/2 drive to see Dr. Farhadi!!
Lucinda Smith – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Our appointments were efficient and ran on time, the pre-op preparation was organized and informative, and mostly, Dr. H. Francis Farhadi is an excellent surgeon. The incision healed with no infection, and Dr. Farhadi called to personally check-up on the healing process a few days after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Farhadi.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
This doctor has a long waiting list and busy clinic but every minute was worth the wait! I have been struggling with back pain and leg weakness for years. After an extensive evaluation and follow-up visit, he described in detail the cause of my symptoms and how he would be able fix it. I appreciated the detailed description with a video! The surgery itself could not have gone better! The aftercare was truly superb along with his wonderful nurse practitioner. I could go on and on but I could really not have found anyone better suited to take care of my spine. I have already referred him two of my closest friends with similar issues. Wonderful work by a truly gifted doctor!!
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Tell us more about your visit could you tell me who the dr. was who did the 2nd surgery. I had problems with my spine surgery and Dr. Farhadi says I can't have any more surgery to fix it. Some of my screws are loose and one of my rods broke. I want to get a second opinion. I have constant pain. Thanks you. 744 characters remaining
May 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Dr. Farhadi performed a major repair surgery on my cervical spine. Was always upfront and informative while going over my test and surgical results. I have already referred more patients to him. Excellent care snd team.
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
I have suffered from a chronic neck condition for over 5 years now. I thank God everyday for Dr. Farhadi and his team. He was able to help me when others couldn’t. I have a good quality of life now thanks to him.
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
A great experience, went in to ER with pain and very scared about what was going on. Felt very comfortable with his diagnosis and treatment plan.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
I had cervical fusion Sept. 2011. I wasnt better & after a year I went to a new dr recommended by my chiropractor. Saw the new dr on a Friday in January, 2013 for a consultation. He looked at my MRI films & said "you are having surgery & im doing it Tuesday" The hardware from Dr Farhadi had to be removed & replaced. A 2nd level had to be done. The difference in my incisions was unbelievable. I looked like I was sliced with a box cutter from Dr. Farhadi. The 2nd dr fixed me & was my miracle hero
Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
June 2018 Dr. Farhadi constructed a new back for me. I had scoliosis and degenerative disks in the lumbar region. The pain extended into my right leg which was slowly becoming numb. The awesome result is after surgery I no longer had pain, I stand straight, I can walk unassisted, no walker, no cane. He genuinely cares which is shown by the way he listens and takes time to address concerns as well as physical healing. Additionally, he has a great staff. I highly recommend him.
Deloris Bosley in Columbus, OH – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
I have been highly satisfied with the care I have received from Dr. Farhadi. I had surgery on my cervical area after much pain and immediately after my surgery the pain was GONE! Dr. Farhadi is not only a very talented surgeon, but he has a very pleasant bedside manner and obviously cares about his patients welfare. I would highly recommend Dr. Farhadi to anyone needing a fine Neurosurgeon! I had never had a doctor call me back so soon after contacting his office about being in pain!!
Bonita A. Johnson in Canal Winchester, OH – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Dr. Farhadi performed spinal fusion surgery on my L4 & L5 vertebrae in February 2018, so 8 months ago. I have waited to write this review because I couldn't believe how great I felt after the surgery. I have been pain free for the first time in over 3 years. Dr. Farhadi and his staff were terrific during my Hospital stay and throughout my rehab. I'm hiking and playing golf again. Thank you for giving me back an active life.
Dennis Perkins in Powell, OH – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
Dr. Farhadi and his staff provided exceptional care in addressing my lower spine issue. He provided a thorough diagnosis, clear explanations of the problem and recommend treatment, and excellent follow-up after surgery. I particularly appreciate his communication skills and style. He conveyed true interest in helping me better understand what to expect prior to surgery and during recovery, which reduced my anxiety regarding recovery and future lifestyle considerations. Highly recommended.
R. Scott Hale in Granville, OH – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
After 4 back surgeries by incompetent surgeon, I was "forward-frozen" at 90 degrees, I.e. versus its normal shape, my spine was "c"-shaped. Nobody knew how to make me straight-except Dr. Farhadi! After marathon surgery (w/ breaks), while I was "under" for 54 hours, and my back fused from neck to butt, I was, once again, "straight"! Words like GENIUS, MIRACLE-WORKER, and ANGEL-SENT only scratch the surface when describing this unique and extraordinary man! Dear doctor: I am forever in your debt!
Anthony Goldberg-Rugalev in Columbus, OH – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?
I recently underwent a spinal fusion from Dr. Farhadi. He was excellent; he saw me in a very timely fashion and explained the procedure in detail. The surgery was uncomplicated and he was very compassionate and attentive throughout the hospital stay. I would highly recommend Dr. Farhardi.
Craig B. Cairns in Heath, OH – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. H Francis Farhadi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Farhadi?

• Neurosurgery

University of Toronto Hospitals

• French

More Information

• Does Dr. Farhadi communicate via email?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not communicate via email

• Does Dr. Farhadi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Farhadi offer an online patient portal?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Farhadi have free onsite parking?

Yes, 1 patient said they have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Farhadi offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Dr. Farhadi offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Farhadi offers evening visits