Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD

Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryAge 44

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Wauwatosa, WI. They are affiliated with Froedtert Hospital. Their office accepts new patients.

Plastic Surgery Center - Tosa Health Center1155 N Mayfair Rd Wauwatosa, WI 53226

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Hoben is affiliated with Froedtert Hospital Milwaukee, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent ReviewsReviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital SatisfactionPatients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

More Plastic Surgery Specialists at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin

Dr. Hoben's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hoben

Incredible experience
Dr. Hoben is second to none. She treated me as a person, listened to all of my concerns, and walked me through every step of my recovery. I didn't feel like she was rushed but instead completely present for me and my needs at every visit.
Jan 09, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Great job Thanks for being proactive about my concerns
Jan 01, 2023
May God bless you doctor
Oct 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Doctor explain everything properly.
Aug 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Dr. Hoben went out of her way to provide me an office visit when I was concerned with my healing.
Jul 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Wait for 1.5 hours in room as she is behind.
Left as she was hours behind. No one bothered to tell me until I left the room they left me in and found someone to ask. Disrespectful. I don't allow people to treat me with no respect. There are plenty of hand doctors who will. Why pay someone to treat you in a way you would not treat them.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kay L – Jun 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Dr Hoben is always willing to explain all my treatment options and asks very detailed questions to fully understand my medical needs.
Jun 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Dr Hoben was great in all facets.
Mar 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
I appreciate that Dr. Hoben actually showed interest in figuring out this problem I've had for over 6 months and no one else seemed to care - finally someone who does . I am so grateful
Mar 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Dr. Hoben has always shown the utmost concern for me and has always given me a clear understanding of my treatment plan.
Feb 17, 2022
My experience was great
Dec 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Dr Hoben is very thorough, knowledgeable, and compassionate.
Sep 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
The reason I gave a fair result to the explanation question was the explanation of a proposed treatment was unclear to me. It could be I didn't understand or perhaps it was not explained clearly. When I asked further detail questions, I decided not to do a proposed treatment recommendation based on what appeared a low likelihood of a positive outcome. Dr Hoben accepted my hesitance and agreed that I need to be comfortable with treatment. I am not happy with where I am at in my treatment although both Dr Hoben and my PT person suggest I am doing well and these things take a long time with the hand. I am likely going to seek an outside opinion at another health system just to be sure.
Jul 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
Waited 1 hour 20 minutes after arriving on time for the appointment. No reason to wait that long to be seen.
Jul 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
-The doctor was awesome- she explained everything well - she was easy to talk with
May 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?
doctor is very kind, intelligent, and understanding
Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hoben?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Hoben's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Hoben's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dr. Hoben performs Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer more than 12% of their peers

Dr. Hoben performs this procedure more than 12% of their peers

• Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Hoben accepts

Dr. Hoben accepts the following insurance:

Lumenos plans - Blue Preferred-WI
Platinum Blue Access-WI PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
First Health

I create a team environment where the patient is a contributing member so we can work together to fully understand their disease or injury and achieve...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Hand Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD?

Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients may call (414) 377-5712 to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Hoben's profile.

What conditions does Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD treat?

Dr. Hoben frequently treats the following conditions: Bedsores, Lipomas, and Localized Fat Deposits. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD's office address?

Dr. Hoben's office is located at 1155 N Mayfair Rd, Wauwatosa, WI 53226. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD is affiliated with Froedtert Hospital.

Is Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD a board-certified professional?

Yes, Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD holds board certifications in Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery.

Does Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 4.6/5 for Dr. Gwendolyn Hoben, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

Dr. Hoben is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Froedtert Hospital

Milwaukee, WI

81% Patients that would definitely recommend, 11% higher than the national average

31 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2022)