Dr. Gwen Abeles, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Gwen Abeles, MD
Dr. Gwen Abeles, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Montvale, NJ. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Abeles is affiliated with Valley Hospital.

Dr. Abeles' Experience

See how Dr. Abeles' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abeles

Dr. Abeles accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Abeles is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abeles has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abeles' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abeles to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Abeles' Performance
Nj |
Don't recommend her at all! Gave this woman $5K for approx 7 treatments of bbl laser treatments for my veins on my face and legs. Well the veins are still there... Face is about 10 percent better. Consistently shared my concerns and all this office wants to do is sell their product that isn't that great anyway. They took before pictures and they never even bothered to take the "after" ones. The whole experience in this office is one big rush. Searching for a new doc who truly cares to help me!
Franklin Lakes, NJ |
The office is very harried--staff talks very fast and doesn't fully explain processes. I was told to give my personal credit card number only to be used for what my insurance did not pay and only after I received a bill. It turned out they only bill you if balance is over $50. Also visit was very quick with Physician's Assistant taking all the notes. I brought in my prescriptions so I could get them re-ordered but one of them was not ordered correctly after 3 tries. Stay away.
in Bedford, NY |
Dr. Abeles is the best dermatologist. Her staff is always pleasant, and she is very knowledgeable in her field. She is very thorough when doing body checks, and is very gentle when performing procedures. She has also done many cosmetic procedures and my skin looks amazing! I would highly recommend Dr. Abeles!
Tappan, NY |
I have been a patient of dr. Abeles for over a decade. On one body scan she detected a pre-melanoma. Thus, body scans for me had to be very thorough.On my last body scan she found nothing significant. I went to another dermatologist for a body scan and he found six basal cell carcinomas. Two were very extensive. I had to have Mohs surgery. I was left with a two inch scar on my cheek and have lost part of my ear. The surgeon asked why my doctor had let it go on for so long.
in Suffern, NY |
Dr. Abeles is the best! I have been going to Gwen for a long time now and I've recommended quite a few people, work colleagues, friends and family to go see her. They have all come away with positive experiences. My visits with her are very thorough, and she explains everything that she is going to do. Dr. Abeles and all of her Staff are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, professional and caring!! Thank you Dr. Ableles for taking such good care of my skin!!
in Maywood,nj |
Dr. Abeles and the whole staff is more than amazing at this office. I have been with this office for about 7 years, I first started when she was in her little one room office across the street from where she now is. The new facility is beautiful and clean! Nurses and front desk staff are more than accommodating, nice and outgoing. They always give me a few laughs while I'm there. If your looking for an office with a staff like there's then this is the place for you!
in NY, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Abeles for over 15 years and would highly recommend her. She is thorough and efficient and has helped me with a number of dermatological issues. Her office is clean and the staff is very helpful.
I have going to Dr. Abeles for around 5 years. She is by far the best dermatologist I have had. She really works with you to make sure your skin is perfect. Additionally, she does not simply write a prescription and be done, she gives very thorough exams and is open to trying all different options. I always feel perfectly comfortable going there and all the staff know who I am and are very friendly. Additionally, the products available at the office are amazing.
in Pearl River, NY |
I have been seeing Dr Ables for many years. My whole family, wife, 3 girls have had an excellent experience with every visit.
in New York |
Dr Abeles has been my doctor for over 10 years. I found her to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, concerned and committed to her patients. Dr. Abeles has always clearly explained any medical issues and I been extremely pleased with every expierence. Dr Abeles throughly evaluaties my medical issues and all my procedures have been rectified, and resolved in a quick manor without any further concern. I feel she is a gem in a large profession. I am confident to have her as my doctor.
in Orangeburg, NY |
Dr. Abeles is a top notch doctor who I have highly recommended to friends .She has been my dermatologist for 20 years. She is knowledgeable, thorough and extremely competent. She has removed tissue for biopsy leaving no scars and has performed laser therapy on my face and chest. People have told me don't look my age and I can attribute that to Dr. Abeles' care of my skin. Told a friend that I love my dermatologist and she told me she loved hers. Turned out we both see Dr. Abeles.
in Orangeburg, NY |
Very caring and professional. Had a procedure done beginning of the month and Dr. Abeles continually asked me if i was ok and allright. She also kept my mind off of what she was accomplishing. She is quite thorough in her work and very caring and concerned with any issues i might have. Staff is quite attentive and focused.
Stony Point, NY |
very good bedside manner office help is very pleasant been a patient for many years she found my basal cell early and many other moles that needed to be taken care of
Have you seen Dr. Gwen Abeles, MD?
Are you Dr. Abeles?

Compare Dr. Abeles

Dr. Abeles' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Abeles has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abeles' Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Jock Itch
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of Ny Univ

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Abeles does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abeles and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology