Dr. Guy Schwartz, MD

Dr. Guy Schwartz, MD

Neurology  |
Male
Dr. Guy Schwartz, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in East Setauket, NY. He has been practicing for 15 years.

181 N Belle Mead Ave

East Setauket, NY 11733

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Fidelis Care
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Schwartz

See how frequently Dr. Schwartz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Tremor
Essential Tremor
Parkinson's Disease

Dr. Schwartz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology
  • Neurological Movement Disorders

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Ataxia
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Dystonia
  • Essential Tremor
  • Huntington's Disease
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Tremor

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Tel Aviv University / Sackler Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Elmhurst Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Long Island Jewish Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • North Shore University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Schwartz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schwartz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartz to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Schwartz's Performance
East Meadow, NY |
Dr. Schwartz was very caring, intelligent, professional, and has a fabulous bedside manner. Not an alarmist. He asks you if you have any questions for him, explains everything in detail, is not rushing you, and covers all bases during his exam. I will be transferring care to his office. His staff were an absolute delight. What a difference from the office I had been receiving treatment from. My prior neorologist was a crackpot. Dr. Schwartz is a doctor's doctor.
in Shirley, NY |
I was very impressed at the start, when Dr. Schwartz escorted me from the waiting room to the exam room. That was definitely a first. He was very calming, wonderful patience, thoroughly explained everything I needed to know, and made the exam very comfortable. I never once felt he was in a hurry, as is too often the case with other doctors. I am more than pleased with Dr Guy Schwartz as my Neurologist. Respectfully, Doris Costa
Lake Grove, NY |
Dr. Schwartz gave me a very thorough examination to test for Parkinson's Disease. He told me that I had very slow moving Parkinson's. There was no medication needed. When I came back six months later, he again gave me a thorough exam and there was no change. He is an excellent Doctor and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs a neurologist. Dr. Schwartz spends as much time with you as you need and to me this is very important.
Queens, NY |
Dr. Guy Schwartz is the best of the best. If you are looking for an excellent Neurologist, he is the one to go to. Well worth the trip from Queens all the way to E.Setauket. I have beengoing to him for years and he is very knowledgeable and caring about his Patients. He does not rush through your visit & takes the time to explain any questions you may have. I wouldn't even think about going to someone closer just for convenience.
Sayville, NY |
Dr Schwartz was kind, caring and compassionate. He is treating my mother for a-typical parkinson's disease and we have seen many doctors over the past three years. He listened to everything we had to say and responded to every question with compassion and in terms we could understand. He is not only knowledgeable but has a wonderful bedside manner. We have yet to find that amazing combination when working with specialists in the field of movement disorders. An overall wonderful experience!
in Hicksville, NY |
After a few years of no diagnosis I met Dr Schwartz. One visit and I was diagnosed and treated. I followed him to Stoneybrook for continued treatment. He listens asks questions and gives full explanations and options. He and his office staff follow up and return all calls. . I trust him to help me get the best healthcare available and live life to the fullest. He taught me "Parkinson's is not a death sentence "
in Hauppauge, NY |
I have seen several doctors over the last few years for my condition. Dr. Schwartz was attentive and listened to my complaints. He was effective in treating me with better results than other doctors that I have seen. I would highly recommend him.
in Smithtown NY |
Excellent rapport with my special needs adult daughter and myself and is always willing to listen to our experience with her treatment between visits ( she receives Botox for torticollis - stiff and spasmed neck problem ). He is patient, fair, and treats patients as equals, suggesting and exploring treatments but never forcing them. Accommodates my daughter's day program scheduling needs. Mediates between patient and clerical staff about insurance labyrinths. Highly recommend him!!
in Nesconset, NY |
I found Dr. Schwartz to be a caring and attentive physician. His examination was through and not rushed. He was knowledgeable about the nature of my disorder and was able to assuage my concerns.
Rocky Pt., NY |
Very thorough and caring.
in Bay Shore, NY |
Wonderful, patient, honest, humble, kind... He couldn't have been any nicer or any more thorough. I've had many neurological issues and he is the finest dr I've found.
Have you seen Dr. Guy Schwartz, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartz?