Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Guy Lerner, MD
Originally from Pennsylvania, Guy M. Lerner, MD earned a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He received his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He completed his residency in anesthesiology at the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont and a fellowship in pediatric anesthesia at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Over his career, Dr. Lerner has served on the faculty at Emory University, Thomas Jefferson University and the University of Louisville where he achieved the level of Associate Professor. Dr. Lerner served our nation's veterans for 8 years as the Director of Pain Management at the Louisville Veterans Administration Medical Center. Dr. Lerner is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Board of Pain Medicine. Louisville has been his home for the past 16 years.

Specialists in Pain Care

11300 Maple Brook Dr

Louisville, KY 40241

Dr. Guy Lerner, MD

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Mutual of Omaha

Learn about Dr. Lerner

Dr. Lerner's Experience

Dr. Lerner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Upper Back Pain

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • University of Pittsburgh Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Anesthesiology
  • University of Vermont

Dr. Lerner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lerner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lerner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lerner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lerner to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Lerner's Performance
Louisville, KY |
One-size-fits-all medicine. Does not listen; more likely to treat you like an addict than with compassion; constant attempts to "up-sale" you into additional procedures. Current societal conditions regarding opioids require patients to see doctors or clinics like this one. This doctor appears to be taking advantage of that. If you have other choices, try them.
We hate to see your impression of our office was not a pleasant one. Dr. Lerner develops a custom treatment plan for each patient, tailored to their healthcare needs. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions or concerns about your care. We strive to help each patient to become pain free, and we truly care about our patient's well being. We wish you the best in the future, and hope you are feeling better.
KY |
This man does not deserve to be called a pain management doctor! I have several chronic conditions that cause intense pain. I wish I hadn't ever heard of this doctor. I have suffered tremendously, been put through withdrawal, accused of looking up my symptoms, and essentially labeled an addict. Every word I said was ignored. He avoided eye contact, NEVER did an exam, and told me he didn't need to see my records. He calls himself a pain management doctor but never asked about my pain. A JERK!!!
Thank you for your feedback. We hate to see your impression of our office was not a pleasant one. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions or concerns about your care. We strive to help each patient to become pain free, and we truly care about our patient's well being. We wish you the best in the future, and hope you are feeling better.
in Paoli, IN |
i have had 3 injections in my back by Dr Learner, found him & his staff very friendly & helpful. he explained the procedure in detail to me. my last injection was 4 months ago & I haven't had any pain until last wk, so will be calling for an appointment soon. I am very satisfied with him & the staff.
Thank you Malen for leaving us this wonderful review! Please let us know if we can help you in any way with your current discomfort. Contact our office, and schedule an appointment. Hope to see you soon, and help you become pain free.
in Louisville, KY |
I felt better educated as to my source of pain, my options, and reaching my goal which is an active functioning life with out invasive back surgery. I had a failed injection done by another physician which left me fearful. Dr. Lerner explained why a different injection could work better, and it did. I am down from an 8 to mild discomfort, and that is just at the injection site. It was not suggested but I do recommend keeping a journal because he is very receptive to information in treatment.
Thank you Kaity for your wonderful review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
in Louisville, KY |
I have been to different back pain doctors with varying degrees of effectiveness before being treated by Dr. Lerner. Finally I have located to right doctor for me. I find Dr. Lerner extremely knowledgeable and helpful and his staff are equally courteous and helpful. My excruciating back pain has lessened considerably under Dr. Lerner's care and I would highly recommend him to everyone experiencing such maladies. Kudos to Dr. Lerner and his staff.
Kevin, we are very happy you feel Dr. Lerner is the physician for you. We strive to help each one of our patient's gain their life back, and become pain free. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.
in Louisville. Ky |
Treats you like a drug addict on first visit without knowing anyanything about you.
Sorry to hear you feel this way. We strive to help each patient become pain free, and develop the best plan of action for each patient. We wish you the best, and hope you are feeling better.
in Louisville, KY |
I have had nothing but good things to say about Dr. Lerner and his staff. I walked into his office for an epidural this morning with a pain number of a 7 left at a 2 and now 6 hours later am at 1. Even with the office very crowed this morning. Yet when I did get to see Dr. Lerner he took the time to answer my questions. I feel he really is concerned about his patients as is the rest of the staff. Rosie
Thank you Rosie for this wonderful review, and we are glad to hear you are pain free! Dr. Lerner strives to help each patient fully understand their course of treatment. Wishing you the best for the future.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Lerner was very rude, and would not listen to anything we tried to tell him. He assumed my brother wasn't in any pain and was just like 95% of the population who experience back pain. He had not looked at any test results that were sent to him nor did he have one of the most recent MRI scans. I have dealt with many wonderful doctors, but this one should not be practicing.
L.W. sorry to hear you feel this way. We strive to help each patient become pain free, and develop the best plan of action for each patient. We hope your brother is feeling better, and we wish you both the best for the future.
Have you seen Dr. Guy Lerner, MD?

Visit Dr. Lerner

Dr. Lerner accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio