Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Guy Lee, MD
Guy A. Lee, M.D., is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in spinal surgery, reconstruction, and degenerative conditions of the spine. He became interested in the field of orthopaedics after working as an X-ray technologist as an undergraduate. He earned his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine, followed by a residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, where he received numerous honors and awards for his acumen and research. Dr. Lee then completed a fellowship in reconstructive spinal surgery at the Maryland Spine Center in Towson, Maryland. Dr. Lee has published several articles related to conditions and treatment of the spine. He has also participated in multiple FDA trials and is actively involved in ongoing research. Dr. Lee plans to stay on the leading edge of orthopaedic care, which he sees as including smaller incisions with quicker recovery and better long-term results. Dr. Lee holds a professional membership in the North American Spine Society and is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Lee lives in Bucks County with his wife and three children and enjoys traveling and spending time with his family. He is also the founding member and lead guitarist of the band Rose's Cross. His band has performed at Abington Health's Rockin' Docs for Diabetes and plays at numerous charitable events throughout the region.

Rothman Institute - Willow Grove

2400 Maryland Rd Ste 20

Willow Grove, PA 19090

Dr. Guy Lee, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee's Experience

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spine Surgery
  • Surgery, Trauma

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Philadelphia University
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Towson Orthopaedic Associates
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
Dr. Lee's Performance
Philadelphia, PA |
Staff doing a great job - and very caring
in warrington, pa |
Dr. Lee has compassion and wonderful understanding. He takes the time to listen thoughly to you and for your concerns. He is the first orthopedic doctor to truly listen to m in 18 years. I now am pain free from surgery and i highly recommend Dr. Lee to all that need help. He is truly a blessing!
in Warminster, PA |
Highly regarded by other docs I know, from areas of concentration other than ortho. He impressed me immediately, with both his understanding of spinal surgery, as well as his time and effort spent to explain in detail, his diagnosis of the problem. His proposed fix, was specific and supported with very focused facts, along with a demonstrated high confidence level. His post attention to recovery concerns, mostly drug issues, but, also some physical issues, was fast and concerned. Excellent MD!
Philadelphia, PA |
Corinna Campbell - PA was excellent and pleasure to deal with along with Dr. Lee
Toronto, ON |
Dr. Lee is an excellent physician. I was very happy with him; he explained what was going on, how it was treated, the risks, and the recovery very well. I have, and will continue to, recommend Dr. Lee for those with spine surgery needs.
in Langhorne, PA. |
I was seeing another Orthopedic doctor for chronic lower back pain for a few years, after all non surgical approaches failed he was hesitant to do surgery because he said he had to go through the back and stomach. Luckily, I found Dr. Guy Lee, he was confident and assured me he could do it all through the back, it is now 3 months later and I got my life back thanks to Dr. Guy Lee. Thank god I did not continue with the first Orthopedic doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Lee.
in Southampton PA |
Dr Lee is the only person that gave me hope to return to an active life . I had major back pain issues that compromised my activities of daily living. I was diagnosed as sever advanced osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis. After reviewing my MRI he scheduled me for surgery. I had no idea how this surgery would go. I am happy to report, I am pain free. Dr Lee is a very experienced and competent surgeon. His confidence and pleasant personality made me feel I was in good hands.
in DRESHER, PA |
DR. GUY LEE SAVED ME FROM BECOMING PARALYZED. A COMPASSIONATE,CARING SURGEON WHO LISTENS TO MY CONCERNS, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FULLY. I STARTED HAVING WEAKNESS IN MY LEFT LEG IN AUGUST 2016.AFTER 6 WEEKS OF PT, 3 EPIDURALS CONDITION WAS DETERIORATING. ALL TESTS DONE FOR LUMAR 2,3,4,X-RAYS.EMG,AND MRI'S . I MET DR. LEE WHO INSISTED ON AN MRI OF THORACIC AREA. SHOWED A STRANGULATION OF SPINAL COLUMN. DR.LEE REMOVED A BONE CIST ON T10-11 IN RECOVERY LOOKING FORWARD TO QUALITY AND BETTER GOLF.
in Warrington, PA |
My back pain came on suddenly. I had my MRI on a Monday and was able to see Dr Lee the same day based on my results. Dr Lee explained to me by looking at the MRI with me exactly how severe the stenosis in my back was. After listening to him I felt totally confident about having the surgery done. It's been ten days since my surgery and I am almost back to what I was doing one month ago.
in Dresher, PA |
Dr Guy Lee is AWESOME! Words can't tell you how amazing he is professionally and personally! About 12 years ago my husband was in huge neck pain extending down his arm. We saw Dr Lee who did a foraminotomy as a less invasive procedure to see if could fix the nerve pain and disc herniation. It was super successful! Two weeks ago, after suffering from lower back pain shooting down his leg, we went back to Dr Lee for an L4-L5 Laminecotmy/Discectomy. Hugely successful! Dr Lee's an excellent surgeon!
in Abington, PA |
This Rothman Surgeon mindfully shepherded me through progressively more aggressive solutions to chronic lumbar back pain. When the only remaining option was surgical, Dr. Lee, made the process seamless with scheduling and completing the laminectomy around my schedule in a little under two weeks. The recovery has been very well managed. I consider Dr. Lee and his staff (especially Siobhan) completely first cabin start to finish.
in Doylestown, PA |
I saw Dr Lee in an emergency situation because I could barely walk. After a physical exam and review of my MRI, Dr Lee determined that I had an AVM (aneurism in my spinal cord). From that point on Dr Lee ensured that everything was seamless between surgeons , Abington Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Bryn Mawr Rehab. He reached out to my wife to check on me and to answer questions that she didn't understand. He saved my life. Amazing! Excellent! Down-to-earth physician!
in Warminster, PA |
Extremely friendly & caring.
in warrington, pa |
He is an excellent doctor and a great person. I already recommended him to a friend who might need surgery. I can not say enough great things about him
in willow grove, pa |
A remarkable gifted surgeon! I asked several friends and they all recommended Dr. Lee. I had Dr. Lee perform a lumbar Laminectomy (surgery to relieve back pain and sever pain going down my leg). From the start I was greeted by a very warm, communicative, and caring person who was thorough in diagnosing my problem. He is surrounded by a great staff at Rothman Institute. The surgery took only a short time and my recovery three weeks later is doing quite well. Dr. Lee- the best for a bad back!
in huntingdon valley, pa |
Excellent Surgeon and sensitivity to the patient. I had an immediate relief of pain after surgery. Staff is great.
in Jenkintown |
After suffering for many months with severe spinal stenosis it was time to choose a surgeon to do my back surgery. I completed 6 weeks of physical therapy, had 2 epidurals and lost 15 lb in preparation for the surgery before even meeting Dr. Lee. He assured me that by doing all of those things my surgical outcome would be very positive. I have had excellent results. I am 6 weeks post-op and was told that I can start bowling again! I highly recommend Dr. Lee for his support and kind reassurance.
in new hope, pa |
Dr. Lee was wonderful. Before surgery, he explained procedure so I could understand it, patiently answered questions, told me about recovery time. The surgery went exceptionally well, the follow ups were great, and I have come through with no pain and am feeling terrific. I owe it all to the superb skills of Dr. Lee. He's the best.
in Philadelphia, PA |
An extremely caring man! I feel very comfortable with him, can ask him anything and he always has a professional answer.
in Doylestown, PA |
At our first meeting Dr Lee explained to me, using my MRI as a guide, what my medical condition was, his recommended solution, and, most importantly, why my conditions long term resolution required that solution. I left understanding what was going to happen to my spine surgically. I also left confident in my choice of surgeon.
in Lumberton, NJ |
You must see Dr. Lee if you have Spine problems and are being told surgery. He is one of the best Doctors that I've ever seen & I've seen a lot! He's a refreshing change! He is very knowledgeable & actually listens to you. Dr. Lee's conservative approach should be an example to all Spine Surgeons. Spine surgery should never be taken lightly and only as a last, necessary resort, not a first. The Office is really nice & appointments are made w/ ease. You owe it to yourself to get Dr. Lee's opinion
in Orwigsburg |
Dr Lee was very personable & also confident that he could relieve the intense pain I was having due to my back issues. He reassured me I'd feel like a new women & now that the surgery is complete I can proudly say he was right. God has blessed Dr. Lee with an incredible gift to heal people via surgery & I know God directed me to the perfect doctor to operate on me. Going in for spine surgery can be a bit..no, very scary, but the whole office staff made me feel comfortable & were very pleasant.
in Upper Black Eddy, PA |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Guy Lee. He is happy to answer questions. He doesn't rush a patient through an appointment. He is professional yet personable. He performed spinal surgery on my husband and it was a complete success. I would most definitely recommend him to any of my friends with spinal issues.
in Warminster, PA |
I needed emergency surgery and was fortunate enough to have Dr. Lee perform same. I did not know him, but was so thankful that he was the one chosen. He has a great rapport with his patients and is truly a wonderful doctor. I call him "my hero".
in Doylestown, PA |
Great....Great.......Guy! Also a top notch surgeon. But he not along, his staff from start to finish also couldn't be better.
in Ambler, Pa |
A wonderful experience before and after surgery. Dr Lee was very supportive a couple of years prior to surgery suggesting that I try all available treatment options before submitting to my ultimate procedure. My Laminectomy and fusion went very well and relieved all my pre-surgery pain. Everything I was told was exactly how surgery and home care was carried out. Feeling great!!
in ambler, pa |
Pleasant, informative, great results from surgery
lansdale, pa |
He is a caring physician who really takes his time to understand your problems. I felt very comfortable from the moment I met him, and was confident in his ability to resolve the pain I suffered for almost 20 years. Now that I finally had the surgery, I know I was right in the way I felt about him. He's a great surgeon and I highly recommend him.
in New Hope, Pa |
When I first visited Dr. Lee I was taken by his friendly and caring attitude. I had to go thru 3 sets of epidurals but received little relief and my pain returned each time in about 7 weeks. When the last epidural was given I made an appointment to revisit Dr. Lee because I knew that the epidurals were not the answer. He stated that surgery would be of great help, and based on his experience and upbeat attitude I consented. Just before surgery I could not walk because of nerve pain.
in Warrington, PA |
Couldn't be more impressed with Dr. Lee. He diagnosed my problem, recommended a solution, and followed up with a successful surgery. Everything he told me was true....length of surgery, time in hospital, recovery time. I am 72 years old ,had a bad back most of my life. After worsening numbness from the waist down, I had laminectomy L2-L5, fusion L3-L5, and Rods and screws. After 4 months, pain free, starting to play a little golf, walking straight and no longer feeling like an old man. Thank You
in Chalfont, PA |
I could not have felt more confident in anyone else's care than with Dr. Lee . Dr. Lee is a wonderful surgeon and I am so glad that he was able to help me the way he did. I am truly grateful to have such a gifted surgeon so close in our area. Thanks again Doc!
in Kintnersville, PA |
I would highly recommend Dr Lee, he has wonderful personality, and very compassionate and a outstanding doctor, he was able to repair my back after not being able to walk for 7 months. I am finally pain free and able to walk
in Philadelphia, PA |
I am overwhelmed with the success of my surgery. I suffered for years and tried all the recommended remedies -- medications, therapy, and spinal injections -- none of which relieved the excruciating pain caused by spinal stenosis. Thank GOD Dr. Lee has made me feel like a new man. Thirty-two days after 3 laminectomies and a spinal fusion, I was able to celebrate my 71st birthday with family and friends. Thank GOD for directing me to Dr. Lee and his exemplary staff. I highly recommend him.
in Sellersville, PA |
Dr Lee is a terrific surgeon with great follow-up and caring for his patients. He corrected the issues I had in the first 5 vertabrae in my lower spine. This is the first time I have been pain free in over 20 years. I would recommend DR Lee to anyone.......
in Willow Grove, PA |
Very trustworthy and it worked, I am doing great!
in Warminster, PA |
Dr Lee is the best of the best, a one of a kind Dr who goes above and beyond. Dr Lee is compassionate, caring and when he says he's going to help you, he does. A truely remarkable Dr who I cannot say enough great things about.
in Southampton, PA |
My experience with Dr. Lee was GREAT. I felt very comfortable with him on the first visit to see him. He explained everything that he was going to do and his personality was wonderful. I am pain free and would definitely recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who needs back or neck surgery. GREAT doctor.
in Furlong, PA |
Dr. Lee gave me my life back. After nearly two years trying everything I could to relieve my L4 L5 herniated disc pain, I had a microdiscectomy. I was up and walking the same day and the pain that had shot down my left leg was completely gone. Dr. Lee listened to me, heard my story and told me his recommendation. I didn't have to think on it long - it was worth the surgery. I can walk pain-free again.
After suffering for two years with back pain; finally decided to do something about it. Dr. lee gave me my life back. I would highly recommend Dr. Lee. Very, very professional and great person.. God Bless!
in Holland, PA |
For 18 or more months before my surgery on October 28, 2015, I was in pain everyday. I had a Lumbar Laminectomy, Posterior Spinal Fusion with Instrumentation, and am now pain free. I am very grateful to Guy A. Lee, M.D. at Rothman for this wonderful result.
in Wyncote, PA |
I had L4 to L5 fusion and was up and walking the same day. Wonderful recovery. I was having constant pain down both legs. After surgery that pain was completely gone. Dr. Lee is wonderful, great personality, excellent skills, if I need any additional surgery in the future I will definitely see him again.
in Abington, PA |
Dr. Lee is professional, caring and considers all aspects of the patients problems. I felt comfortable because of his confidence in his ability to help me. Excellent Doctor
in Richboro, PA |
I was referred to Dr. Lee by a neighbor upon whom Dr. Lee had performed two different back surgeries. My neighbor highly recommended Dr. Lee, based upon the outcome of his own surgeries. In mid-January 2016, Dr. Lee performed an arthroscopic hemilaminectomy on my L3/L4 lower back, at Abington Hospital. After nine months of unrelenting pain, day and night, my pain was gone! At-home recovery took only two days. I can not say enough about Dr. Lee's skill as a surgeon.
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
Dr. Lee did an excellent job with my back surgery and i'm now pain free for the first time in many years. I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone exploring surgical options.
in Bensalem, PA |
My experience with Dr. Lee has been outstanding. He clearly lays out all options and works with you to as you move through them. The end result was surgery in my case, which so far, has worked out well. It's early but the results so far are promising. I would highly recommend Dr Lee based on my experience with him.
Have you seen Dr. Guy Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center

Visit Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Lee has admitting privileges