Dr. Guy Farber, MD

PsychiatryMale

Psychiatry

Dr. Guy Farber, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Great Neck, NY and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Massachusetts Medical School in 2000. His office accepts telehealth appointments.

Dr. Guy Farber, MD

Guy Farber MD

295 Northern Blvd Ste 212 Great Neck, NY 11021
Telehealth services available

Dr. Farber's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Farber

Excellent psychiatrist
It easier from me to judge other physicians since I’m a physician myself. Dr. Farber is as good as they come. He is very knowledgeable not only in his field but all the way around. The best of the best.
Sep 24, 2022
Life Saver
I walked into Dr. Faber's office several years ago..I was in the darkest place in my life. He is kind, compassionate, patient and can make you laugh. Today, I am out of the darkness and hopeful. I moved Upstate and even though we do telehealth it's too far now to go see him, if I were still in Queens I would never stop seeing him. It's bittersweet to say goodbye but he has given me the strength and tools I need to go forward. I received wonderful care and highly recommend him.
Annette Ippolito – Aug 12, 2022
One of the best!
I have been seeing dr Farber for over 4 years and he is absolutely wonderful. Over the last 20 years I have seen many psychiatrists and Dr Farber is by far one of the most thoroughly and attentive I’ve ever had to pleasure to work with. He takes time to get to know his patients, provides sound advice and addresses all of your concerns. Highly recommend Dr Farber.
Patient – Jul 25, 2022
A great fit for anyone
Dr. Farber came into my life at the lowest of all lows. I was so anxious and severely depressed, it was effecting me even physically - I couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep, and couldn’t even bear the thought of going to work, let alone shower. Dr. Farber makes sure to consider all aspects of life and really takes the time to get to know you as a person. At first, I was concerned that each session didn’t have to do with the next and that I was just one in a million of people running through his “factory,” however, this could not be further from the truth. His specialty in psychiatry, both with psychotherapy as well as medications, is a blessing and he really has a gift of balancing the two. I can’t even say that I “would” recommend him to anyone who needs a helping hand because I already have! If you are struggling or even questioning whether you might be struggling, reach out to him. You will not regret it!
Jul 06, 2022
Excellent Therapist
Dr. Farber enables me to see things from a different perspective. I will state the problem or issue. He will then say "what do you think" or what might you say" These open ended question initiate the dialogue that gets me "unstuck" in seeing / solving the issue. He has been very helpful in helping me get to the other side in solving many issues. In addition, not only does he do therapy but prescribes . I highly recommend Dr. Farber.
CEM – May 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?
Dr. Farber has helped me deal with my OCD and depression. His psychotherapy is a perfect complement to the medicine he prescribes. I would recommend him without hesitation.
Nov 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?
Dr. Farber is great. It’s not often you get an MD who actually does more than just prescribe meds once a month or more… He’s a therapist that listens and makes you think.
Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?
This was my first experience visiting a psychiatrist so I definitely was very nervous of how it would go or if it would even help me. But Dr. Farber has been very reassuring and very supportive every session and has really helped me a tremendous amount not only with improving my mental health but with my quality of life!
Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?
Dr. Farber is the best. He's caring and very knowledgeable. He is also not one of those psychiatrists that just prescribe you a bunch of medications (run away from those). Dr. Farber listens to you and will come up with the appropriate plan for your own specific well-being. I highly recommend him.
Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?
Dr. Farber is a wonderful physician that is very thorough and is concerned with overall health and how it affects psychiatric treatment. He is patient and kind and avails himself to his patients readily. He is easy to reach and responsive. A fantastic physician.
Rita – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Farber once a week for about one year. I had a recurrence of depression that I was treated for by someone else many years prior. For me the fact that Dr. Farber is both a psychiatrist and psychologist provides me with better overall care. It’s my understanding this is not common. I have seen many improvements this past year. Dr. Farber has been instrumental in getting me to focus on issues that impact my quality of life as opposed to letting me ramble on about things I don’t have control over. I’m able to talk openly about my lifestyle choices which are non-traditional. I’m very grateful for Dr. Farber because without his expertise I would have slipped into my past behaviors of chronic depression where simple everyday activities were not possible for me. I also had uncontrollable anger, anxiety and stress. Dr. Farber didn’t immediately put me on meds but took the time to evaluate me.
René Vinas – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guy Farber, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Farber?