Dr. Guven Uzun, MD

Pain Medicine Neurology | Male

Guven Uzun, M.D. 415 N Crescent Dr Ste 220 Beverly Hills, CA 90210 Get Directions
Dr. Guven Uzun, MD

Dr. Guven Uzun, MD is a pain medicine neurology doctor who practices in Beverly Hills, CA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Uzun is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, Cedars - Sinai Medical Center and Providence Saint John's Health Center.

...See Less

Dr. Uzun's Care Philosophy

Dr. Uzun's philosophy is one in which both patient and physician are involved in formulating an individualized plan of care to meet the specific needs of the individual. Dr. Uzun brings with him to the doctor/patient relationship extensive clinical experience not only in his specialty of neurology but also in the field of internal medicine and pain management. His stellar academic and research background as well as specialty training at Tufts New England Medical Center, a world renowned center for stroke and cerebrovascular disease are just some of the attributes of this remarkable physician.

Dr. Uzun's Experience

See how Dr. Uzun's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Uzun

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Uzun has admitting privileges.

Dr. Uzun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Uzun to family and friends
    4.0
    Dr. Uzun's Performance
    I was referred to another doctor for my severe migraines, after doing some research I decided to come see Dr.Uzun. He took his time asking me a lot of historical questions, the where, who, what's, and why's. He looked at every little symptom and didn't rush into a quick diagnoses. He looked at all my medical records that were already prepped by the intake nurse.This was the best medical experience I've had with a doctor.
    in irvine |
    I have been seeing Dr. Uzun for 6 years. He is competent and knows what he is talking about and has always been able to keep my neurological problems under control.For those of you that had problems with his personality, everyone has a bad day in the medical profession. I know first hand. I think he has a great bedside manner and is compassionate. If you have a problem with the staff, please just let him know and he will fix it!
    in CA |
    One of the best docs I've had the pleasure to encounter. Dr. Uzun was thorough in his examination and assessment of my illness. He took his time and explained to me what needed to be done in detail and made sure I was comfortable with it before I left my appointment. I truly believe he has my best interest at hand and that I'm not just another patient.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr.Uzun is passionate about his work and it shows in every aspect of his office, including his staff. I look forward to seeing them all again soon. Thanks to their recommendations, I am on my way to feeling like I can enjoy my life and work as much as they do.
    Dr. Uzun is a one of a kind physician in the best way possible. I had a longstanding history and after a few appointments I'm finally having improvement in symptoms! In regards to the office staff, they were very helpful and quick at getting things done If you want to have a good time and receive a high standard of medical care this is the place to go! Thank you Dr. Uzun and staff!!!
    Dr. Uzun is the most brilliant and compassionate medical professional I have ever encountered! He is intuitive, clear and to the point. He talks to you not only about your physical conditions but about the environmental conditions that are affecting you. As one could imagine...the few times that I had to visit his office were emotional experiences for me because of the pain I was experiencing. Both times I walked out of his office with a clear head and confidence in my treatment.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Love Dr. Uzun! He's an old fashioned doc and is so kind. Really listens and cares - very thorough. 100% recommend.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I expected Dr. Uzun to be terrible based off of his Yelp reviews. He was in fact amazing -- going above and beyond my expectations for a Neurologist.Long story short, Dr. Uzun refused to accept what other doctors had said about my case, made extra phone calls on my behalf, called in favors, and genuinely cared about the head pain I was experiencing. If you are looking for a Neurologist who is very knowledgeable, clearly cares about the wellbeing of his patients, then Dr. Uzun .
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Uzun treated me for what turned out to be a herniated disk in my lower spine. As a specialist, nothing but great things to say: he was thorough, checked in for progress after each recommended treatment, genuinely concerned and kept looking for a solution that worked for me. I found him an old-fashioned doctor, take his own notes and use his training and years of experience over technology.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I give them 5 Stars without any hesitation. Polite, professional receptionist. Nurse practitioner was thorough, made me feel her total focus was on me. She paid attention to my issues and asked all the right questions. It was a Sunday at 3pm or so , I waited no more than 8-10 minutes before being seen . Stress free experience
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Uzun is a very serious doctor who will give you the facts. When our mother was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis we were absolutely uneducated about this infection. Dr. Uzun was all business and our mother's health was his first concern. Even today at her follow up appointment at his office Dr. Lee's absolute first priority is mom's health and well-being. Dr. Uzun has been very professional and courteous to our family. Our highest respects to Dr. Uzun!
    in irvine |
    Fast fast service. In and out In 20 minutes. From receptionist, vitals,X-rays and brace, total 20 minutes! Friendly staff. Clean atmosphere. All it cost was my co-pay. Will be using them again.
    Dr. Uzun knows his stuff! He is excellent. I have a rare disease with no cure and he has been instrumental in my treatment and care and able to get me back to a pretty decent quality of life. He takes his time asking questions, getting details, and sharing information with me AT EVERY APPOINTMENT. I have never felt rushed or dismissed. Most of the time I am in a room and seeing him within a few mins. Occasionally, I have waited about 30 mins, but he is definitely worth the wait. I recommend 100%
    Dr.Guven diagnosed my problem in 5 minutes that others couldn't do at all over a 20 year period of time. I can't say enough about how impressed I am about this physician. I literally owe him my life, no doubt in that at all!
    Beverly Hills Pain Institute was professional, caring, and willing to go above and beyond the level of care that I had received at previous physical therapy clinics in the city. From the front office to doctors the place has a warmth and feeling a family which is rarely found with a health-care provider. I would highly recommend their services to anyone in need of surgeons or a doctor for your aches and pains.
    This was one of the most efficient doctors appointments I’ve ever had. My doctor’s office had no appointments so I made one here and I will definitely use this location again.
    Being from out of town I needed something quick and local and didn't want to go to the ER and wait hours and get charged outrages prices. This place deserves 5 stars. The paperwork was done so quick and they seemed to be very organized. I was seen and treated for a broken wrist. I was able to get my x-rays and cast all in one stop.
    Dr.Uzun has treated two of my family members. He has treated us with the utmost respect and dignity. I feel confident in trusting my loved ones' care to him.
    in irvine |
    Dr Uzun, he has helped me in more ways than one, and when i see him in the hospital i just want to grab him and hug his neck for being here for me. He is the best Dr that i have and i have quite a few. Dr make me feel so safe and comfortable. When you walk into the room all my fears are gone. Thank you so much for being so great.
    in california |
    Dr Uzun Is great ! So professional ,understanding and takes time to talk and listen. I have total confidence in my care.
    in california |
    Ah-mazing service! Easy parking, Clean inviting lobby to kind TLC service. Around this area, there is only 2 Urgent Care center open late on Sundays, this is one of them, the other one, if you know where it is, stay away! Alex front desk is sweet and kind, Jay the practitioner is very knowledgeble, and Joseph other practitioner, all of the above, and funny too. If you don't have a broken limb or about to roll over, and your Doc can't see you, I highly suggest this place. Thank you
    in Bangkok |
    Thanks for good experience!!!
    in irvine |
    Dr. Guven Uzun highly recommend as a Neurologist and Pain Specialist.He is a professional and caring doctor, because first he listens to your problems and really cares and feels what exactly your concerns and problems are. Then he takes the appropriate measures to fix your problems.I had tremendous back pain from sports injury, and he took the appropriate steps to see what is my problem and after his procedure I can actually dunk the basketball.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Uzun was my anesthesiologist for a procedure I had done last week. he not only called me per usual to introduce himself and get my information prior to the procedure but, he took his time to speak with me right before the procedure AND called me a few days after to see how I am doing. that was a first since I have been under anesthesia before. he is highly recommended and I can EASILY say for a person who fears being put down, with Dr. Uzun, you are in good hands!
    in chiangmai |
    Satisfied with dr. Uzhun service! Shows himself as a knowledgeable doctor. Provides support and monitoring after the visit! Thank you.
    in california , md |
    in Los Angeles, 50 |
    All of my experience was fine. I was in a rush to the airport and damaged my back. I had to navigate myself to the nearest doctor in order to get medicine to survive my long flight. I can only say everything best of Dr. Guven Uzun because he did a great job and helped me a lot.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    My experience is that this doctor and his place of business is unethical. I feel I was given treatments that weren't necessary or appropriate. I was not asked if I wanted these treatments nor was I told what treatments may or may not have been injected into the IV in my arm. When my bill arrived through my insurance - that they said they accepted - the fees charged for each line item were so grossly inflated that my insurance will not even pay them. Unethical and grossly overcharges. Very sad.
    We always discuss with our patient prior to treatment and do the best treatment for our patient benefit. Billing always problems for doctors and insurance companies and but we always do -help our patients since our clinic depends on patients referral for our growth but we are neither none profit organization and we are like hospital big facility with orthopedic surgery and ten other specialist.
    in Thousand Oaks, CA |
    Took Mom there for back pain, bulging discs. They do Laser discectomy & other treatments for this. Had a funny feeling from the time we arrived for our appointment, things were just not quite right. Soon, we were ushered into a Exam Room where P.A. asked a few questions, looked at Mom's MRI results from previous Dr., then came back later saying that Dr.Uzun could not see us, he was toobusy, but Mom should be fitted with a P-Stem on her ear to monitor her condition for 4 days and return. Not.
    Mom was above 90 plus year old with multiple problems and we had discuss with Director laser spine surgery and he declined her as patient due to very high risk and her age as contraindication but rather tried minimally ivasive treatment to see if it helps.Sorry that she is not happy but we had to do best patient interest. Kind regards,
    in Torrance |
    He did helped greatly to my back pain .
    Have you seen Dr. Guven Uzun, MD?

Dr. Uzun's Care Philosophy

Dr. Uzun's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine Neurology
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Dr. Uzun has no awards or honors listed.

• Rate of 24-hour blood pressure decline and mortality after spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage : a, 1999
      • Blood Flow Capacity via direct acute myocardial revascularization, 1997

No malpractice history found for California.

• Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy
    • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
    • Autonomic Disorders
    • Insomnia
    • Meniere's Disease
    • Migraine, Hormone-Induced
    • Mild Cognitive Impairment
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Petit Mal Seizure
    • Phantom Limb Pain
    • Polyneuropathy
    • Post-Polio Syndrome
    • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
    • Postherpetic Neuralgia
    • Temporal Lobe Seizure
    • Thrombosis
    • Tinnitus
    • Tourette's Syndrome
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Trigeminal Neuralgia

• French
    • German
    • Russian
    • Turkish

Dr. Uzun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Uzun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine Neurology