Dr. Gustavo Morales, MD

Dr. Gustavo Morales, MD

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology  ·
Dr. Gustavo Morales, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist in Birmingham, AL. He specializes in clinical cardiac electrophysiology.Read his story

3686 Grandview Pkwy Ste 720

Birmingham, AL 35243

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Morales

See how frequently Dr. Morales performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cardiac Electrophysiology
high
Heart Disease
Atrial Flutter

Dr. Morales's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Morales' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Morales "I was born and raised in Ecuador, South America, from a family with significant tradition of physicians. My father is a Cardiologist in Ecuador and his ethics and morals deeply impacted the way I see my patients. After completing medical school in the Catholic University of Guayaquil, Ecuador I came to the United Stated to start and complete internal medicine residence at the University of Miami, Florida. After finishing residency I followed my professional passion and continued my education to become a cardiologist at the same institution. Early in my Cardiology fellowship I felt strongly inclined towards the heart rhythm system and problems. With mentors and role models such as Dr. Agustin Castellanos y decided to pursue the specialty of Cardiac Electrophysiology, which I completed with 2 years of training in 2009. Following my teaching passion I left Miami after completing training to become part of the Cardiovascular Disease Facutly at Gill Heart Institute at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. During my tenure I was able to start the Electrophysiology Fellows Training Program at UK, for which I was the Director for 4 years. After 8 years of Academic Medicine I decided to joint the Alabama Cardiovascular Group, a private cardiovascular group with excellent reputation, exceptional physicians and human beings dedicated not only to provide the best, state of the art patient care but also to contribute to scientific development."

This content was provided by Dr. Morales "My philosophy when it comes to patient care is to to assure patient understanding of their condition, including treatment options, medical and interventional. With appropriate patient understanding of their cardiac condition and options, both of us, patient and myself will be able to select the correct treatment option that better suits the patient and assures that patient has realistic expectation of treatment results."

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

• Cardiovascular Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Catholic University Of Santiago De Guayaquil / Faculty Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Jackson Memorial Hospital-University Miami School Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Jackson Medical Center/Univ Of Miami
  • Jackson Memorial Hospital-University Miami School Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Morales has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Morales does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Morales and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Morales' Reviews