Dr. Gustavo Armendariz Jr, MD

Dr. Gustavo Armendariz Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
171 reviews

I had the privilege of becoming an associate physician with The Orthopedic Clinic in 1988. It was a particularly proud event in my life since I was well aware of the Respect this group carried in the community. I was asked to join by the same doctors that had mentored me while making my decision to go to medical school, and then later helped me to decide to go into orthopaedic surgery. Now as the senior active member of the group, I have been involved with adding other doctors to the group who carry on the tradition of the highest quality of orthopaedic care in the community. I was fortunate to become involved with the sports medicine aspect of the practice early on through our long standing relationship with Arizona State University athletics and have been intimately involved with expanding this aspect of the practice to involve the Phoenix Suns, Mercury & Rattlers. I also serve as consultant to other professional, collegiate and high school teams. My contribution to sports medicine in the practice has been mostly centered on being a fellowship trained foot & ankle specialist. I was the first such specialist in the community. My practice is not limited to sports medicine but includes a full complement of reconstructive procedures of the lower extremity including ankle & knee replacement surgery. I have also been continuously involved with Trauma call at major level 1 centers in the valley. This aspect of my practice has me treating a wide variety of fractures in the arms and legs including the most complex injuries. I was born a United States citizen to immigrant parents. At the age of 2 years old my family moved to Mexico. I lived there until the age of 7 then moved to Arizona. This and a continuing strong tie to extended family south of the border have allowed me to remain fluently bilingual and bi-cultural. I am quite proud of this aspect of my life and incorporate that into my practice by serving Hispanics in this community. I am blessed by the fact that I truly enjoy being an orthopedic surgeon and thank God for my gifts and the many different ways which I am able to apply them in this practice....See Less

The Orthopedic Clinic Association

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Armendariz Jr

Dr. Armendariz Jr's Experience

Dr. Armendariz Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Bunion
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Southern California School of Medicine
  • University of Southern California
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Wagner Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Armendariz Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Armendariz Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Armendariz Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Armendariz Jr is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Armendariz Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Armendariz Jr to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Armendariz Jr's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Armageddon is a hack. I have worked in Orthopaedic surgery r 40 years with many surgeons and his skills lead to infections. Just my opinion.
in Tempe, AZ |
I went in to have screws and pins removed from a previous operation. Was told in and out, 2 wk recovery. As soon as I stepped on my foot I knew something was wrong. I took pictures of the area where a tourniquet had been tied too tight causing a bleeding bruise, which caused nerve damage because the nerves were without blood and oxygen. Showed pics to the Dr. he denied tying a tourniquet there. Ran me out of his office. Second Dr "Exactly where I would tourniquet" Avoid at all cost.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Very poor. He was over an hour late to appointment and did not acknowledge. He did not introduce himself to me when i went with my daughter to follow up appointment. He made a snarky comment that was disrespectful. He did not provide any instruction for how to schedule a survey he recommended. He was unable or willing to explain to me and my daughter why and what the surgery would do or any risks and why it was the right course of action. He is awful!
Scottsdale, AZ |
Great doctor!
in Tempe, AZ |
Excellent Physician! Very caring
in Phoenix, AZ |
Excellent physician
in Chandler AZ |
Dr Armendariz is great. Will highly recommend this office.
in Mesa, AZ |
VERY disappointed in the service . My daughter broke her foot. I called on Thursday and was able to make an appointment for the following Monday. They confirmed her insurance and said she would need to see Dr. Armendariz because he deals with the foot. We would need to see him in Phoenix office an hour a way. I said fine. On Monday we got to the office on time and checked in. We waited 20 minutes when we were called to let us know our insurance wasn't taken and they would do nothing.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Armendariz was wonderful I would recommend him highly! I feel confident in his advice and care for my foot.
in chandler, az |
I was taken to x-ray right on time. Then I waited for nearly an hour to see the DR for about five min. I agreed to get a cortozon shot. I waited for another 40 minutes to have my ankle cleaned for the shot. IN all, I waited for nearly two hours in a freezing room and gave up and walked out. A patients time is also valuable and blankets would be nice. J.EMcCormick..
Paradise Valley, AZ |
The doctor seemed knowledgeable but I would have liked it if he didn't seem so rushed and would have listened to me better.
Phoenix, AZ |
He has been at least 45 minutes late to every visit. He has zero bedside manners. He did not say hi or ask how I was when he entered the room. He gave results of a test he ordered and when I asked a question , he indicated that the had not read the report in detail. He did not review my chart prior and had no knowledge of previous visits or previous treatment given. Retire already!
Phoenix, AZ |
He is very caring and puts you at ease
in Chandler, AZ |
Rating is no stars. TOCA was the absolute worst medical experience I have ever had. They are the epitomy of what is wrong with health care in this country. More concerned about the bottom line, than the personal care of their patients. The physicians are about as cold as you can get, and the support staff are untrained and unorganized. Poor care from orthotist and surgery scheduler. Time with physicians limited to 10 - 15 minutes. PA gave wrong advice and uninformed.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Worst experience with a medical practioner EVER! I had an injury that the ER suspected was a torn meniscus. I went to Armendariz with my X-rays from the hospital, after waiting over an hour past my appt time he came in the office for a whole 3 minutes, brushed off everything I had to say, didn't make eye contact than immediately ordered physical therapy. Mind you the meniscus is cartilage which means you can't see it with an X-ray, only an MRI. This caused more pain & problems, he didn't care.
in Avondale, AZ |
Him and his office ignored countless emails and phone calls from me. I needed FMLA paperwork filled out and it took 2 weeks. Unorganized, unprofessional and untimely. I once waited over 70+ minutes past my appointment time to be seen.
Phoenix, AZ |
2 complicated surgeries, one on left ankle and one on right ankle, many years apart. Very, very grateful for Dr. Armendariz.
Have you seen Dr. Gustavo Armendariz Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Armendariz Jr?

Visit Dr. Armendariz Jr

Phoenix, AZ 85006
Banner Desert Medical Center
1400 S Dobson Rd
Mesa, AZ 85202

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Armendariz Jr at The Orthopedic Clinic Association

Dr. William Stevens, MD