Dr. Gustavo Armendariz Jr, MD

Dr. Gustavo Armendariz Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Gustavo Armendariz Jr, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University of Southern California in 1982 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.Read his story

The Orthopedic Clinic Association

• Bluegrass Family Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Armendariz Jr

See how frequently Dr. Armendariz Jr performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Foot Conditions
Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Dr. Armendariz Jr's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Armendariz Jr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Armendariz Jr "I had the privilege of becoming an associate physician with The Orthopedic Clinic in 1988. It was a particularly proud event in my life since I was well aware of the Respect this group carried in the community. I was asked to join by the same doctors that had mentored me while making my decision to go to medical school, and then later helped me to decide to go into orthopaedic surgery. Now as the senior active member of the group, I have been involved with adding other doctors to the group who carry on the tradition of the highest quality of orthopaedic care in the community. I was fortunate to become involved with the sports medicine aspect of the practice early on through our long standing relationship with Arizona State University athletics and have been intimately involved with expanding this aspect of the practice to involve the Phoenix Suns, Mercury & Rattlers. I also serve as consultant to other professional, collegiate and high school teams. My contribution to sports medicine in the practice has been mostly centered on being a fellowship trained foot & ankle specialist. I was the first such specialist in the community. My practice is not limited to sports medicine but includes a full complement of reconstructive procedures of the lower extremity including ankle & knee replacement surgery. I have also been continuously involved with Trauma call at major level 1 centers in the valley. This aspect of my practice has me treating a wide variety of fractures in the arms and legs including the most complex injuries. I was born a United States citizen to immigrant parents. At the age of 2 years old my family moved to Mexico. I lived there until the age of 7 then moved to Arizona. This and a continuing strong tie to extended family south of the border have allowed me to remain fluently bilingual and bi-cultural. I am quite proud of this aspect of my life and incorporate that into my practice by serving Hispanics in this community. I am blessed by the fact that I truly enjoy being an orthopedic surgeon and thank God for my gifts and the many different ways which I am able to apply them in this practice."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Stress Fracture of Foot

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Southern California School of Medicine
  • University of Southern California
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Wagner Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Armendariz Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Armendariz Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Armendariz Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Armendariz Jr is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Armendariz Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Armendariz Jr to family and friends
4.5
based on 183 total reviews (29 with comments)

Dr. Armendariz Jr's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

I have been seeing Dr Amendariz for a year now. I've scheduled surgery with him first thing in 2018. I have total confidence with his capabilities. He listens with sensitivity. He tries to understand the patients concerns.
in Phoenix, AZ
I went back to Dr. Armendariz for a knee issue after he did a fantastic job in my Achilles reconstruction surgery. Even though he is much farther away from me than other TOCA docs I liked him so much I went back to him for my new issue.
in APACHE JCT
He is caring and listens to you. Talks with you not at you. Feel good about having him do my knee surgery in 2018.
in Scottsdale Az
One of the best. Friendly and extremely professional. I recommend Dr. Armendariz to my friends, they all come back with the same opinion. Orthapedics at TOCA beats Mayo anytime.
in Mesa, AZ
Dr Armendriz is profesional

Are you Dr. Armendariz Jr?

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Armendariz Jr at The Orthopedic Clinic Association

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist