Dr. Gustavo J. Armendariz Jr., MD

Dr. Gustavo J. Armendariz Jr., MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 62 years old

I had the privilege of becoming an associate physician with The Orthopedic Clinic in 1988. It was a particularly proud event in my life since I was well aware of the Respect this group carried in the community. I was asked to join by the same doctors that had mentored me while making my decision to go to medical school, and then later helped me to decide to go into orthopaedic surgery. Now as the senior active member of the group, I have been involved with adding other doctors to the group who carry on the tradition of the highest quality of orthopaedic care in the community. I was fortunate to become involved with the sports medicine aspect of the practice early on through our long standing relationship with Arizona State University athletics and have been intimately involved with expanding this aspect of the practice to involve the Phoenix Suns, Mercury & Rattlers. I also serve as consultant to other professional, collegiate and high school teams. My contribution to sports medicine in the practice has been mostly centered on being a fellowship trained foot & ankle specialist. I was the first such specialist in the community. My practice is not limited to sports medicine but includes a full complement of reconstructive procedures of the lower extremity including ankle & knee replacement surgery. I have also been continuously involved with Trauma call at major level 1 centers in the valley. This aspect of my practice has me treating a wide variety of fractures in the arms and legs including the most complex injuries. I was born a United States citizen to immigrant parents. At the age of 2 years old my family moved to Mexico. I lived there until the age of 7 then moved to Arizona. This and a continuing strong tie to extended family south of the border have allowed me to remain fluently bilingual and bi-cultural. I am quite proud of this aspect of my life and incorporate that into my practice by serving Hispanics in this community. I am blessed by the fact that I truly enjoy being an orthopedic surgeon and thank God for my gifts and the many different ways which I am able to apply them in this practice.Read more

The Orthopedic Clinic Association
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Dr. Armendariz Jr. is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Armendariz Jr.

Dr. Armendariz Jr. accepts 21 insurance carriers

21 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Armendariz Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Reviewing Dr. Armendariz Jr.

Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s Review Details
3.2 based on 37 responses
Experience with Dr. Armendariz Jr.
Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (33)
Phoenix, AZ |
He has been at least 45 minutes late to every visit. He has zero bedside manners. He did not say hi or ask how I was when he entered the room. He gave results of a test he ordered and when I asked a question , he indicated that the had not read the report in detail. He did not review my chart prior and had no knowledge of previous visits or previous treatment given. Retire already!
Phoenix, AZ |
He is very caring and puts you at ease
in Chandler, AZ |
Rating is no stars. TOCA was the absolute worst medical experience I have ever had. They are the epitomy of what is wrong with health care in this country. More concerned about the bottom line, than the personal care of their patients. The physicians are about as cold as you can get, and the support staff are untrained and unorganized. Poor care from orthotist and surgery scheduler. Time with physicians limited to 10 - 15 minutes. PA gave wrong advice and uninformed.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Worst experience with a medical practioner EVER! I had an injury that the ER suspected was a torn meniscus. I went to Armendariz with my X-rays from the hospital, after waiting over an hour past my appt time he came in the office for a whole 3 minutes, brushed off everything I had to say, didn't make eye contact than immediately ordered physical therapy. Mind you the meniscus is cartilage which means you can't see it with an X-ray, only an MRI. This caused more pain & problems, he didn't care.
in Avondale, AZ |
Him and his office ignored countless emails and phone calls from me. I needed FMLA paperwork filled out and it took 2 weeks. Unorganized, unprofessional and untimely. I once waited over 70+ minutes past my appointment time to be seen.
Phoenix, AZ |
2 complicated surgeries, one on left ankle and one on right ankle, many years apart. Very, very grateful for Dr. Armendariz.
Have you seen Dr. Gustavo J. Armendariz Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Gustavo J. Armendariz Jr., MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  • Sports Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s Board Certifications

Dr. Armendariz Jr. says..

General Orthopedics, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Orthopedic Trauma & Sports Injury

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Achilles Tendinitis
  • Bunion
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

University of Southern California

Wagner Institute

Completed in 1988

University of Southern California School of Medicine

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Armendariz Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Armendariz Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Armendariz Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

×

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Armendariz Jr.

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Armendariz Jr.'s Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Armendariz Jr.

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
×

Dr. Armendariz Jr. says...

I was fortunate to become involved with the sports medicine aspect of the practice early on through our long standing relationship with Arizona State University athletics and have been intimately involved with expanding this aspect of the practice to involve the Phoenix Suns, Mercury & Rattlers. I also serve as consultant to other professional, collegiate and high school teams.  My contribution to sports medicine in the practice has been mostly centered on being a fellowship trained foot & ankle specialist. I was the first such specialist in the community.

My practice is not limited to sports medicine but includes a full complement of reconstructive procedures of the lower extremity including ankle & knee replacement surgery. I have also been continuously involved with Trauma call at major level 1 centers in the valley.  This aspect of my practice has me treating a wide variety of fractures in the arms and legs including the most complex injuries.

×

Dr. Armendariz Jr. says...

General Orthopedics, Foot & Ankle Surgery, Orthopedic Trauma & Sports Injury