Dr. Gustav Fischer, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Multnomah Orthopedic Clinic 5050 NE Hoyt St Ste 626 Portland, OR 97213 Get Directions
Dr. Gustav Fischer, MD
Dr. Gustav "Gus" Fischer is an orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty interest in arthritis and joint replacement surgery. His practice is geared toward individuals of all ages who are seeking to reduce pain and return to an active lifestyle. Dr. Fischer uses state of the art techniques to diagnose and treat arthritis, fractures, tendon/ligament injury, and failed joint replacement. Care is tailored to each individual's needs, goals, and expectations. Treatments include nonoperative pain relief, joint preservation, arthroscopy, partial joint replacement, total joint replacement, and advanced joint reconstruction.

Dr. Fischer's Experience

See how Dr. Fischer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fischer

Dr. Fischer accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Fischer is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Fischer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fischer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fischer to family and friends
Dr. Fischer's Performance
in Lake Oswego, OR |
I am eight weeks out from a hip replacement and feeling great for a 68 year old. Dr. Fischer and his team have made this experience a terrific one from start to finish. I was off pain meds and walker 3 1/2 days after surgery and hung up the cane ages ago. Physical therapy has been strengthening my leg and getting me back into shape. Dr. Fischer has dramatically improved my quality of life. Take it from a guy whose last surgery was in 1955 - This guy is the real deal. Let him help you.
in Sandy, OR |
Dr. Fischer worked around my schedule. He is very caring and always is right on time with appointments. He replaced my right hip and as soon as I woke in the recovery room, I was not in any pain. He has worked a miracle for me. I can now walk and do all the things that I have not been able to do for a very long time. I need both knees replaced and you bet that it will be Dr. Fischer that I go to for that surgery. I feel very fortunate that I was recommended to go to him by another surgeon.
in Portland, OR |
I have recommended Dr. Fischer to numerous persons already, at 6 weeks post op i seem to be back to normal, walking, biking and playing with grandchildren, however, weather and schedule have cept me off the golf course.
Portland, OR |
Dr. Fischer and his team are fantastic! He made getting my hip fixed a smooth process from start to finish. Although I'm not looking forward to more surgery, when I need my knee replaced I will definitely be coming back to see him!
in Molalla,Ore |
Dr Fischer did an Arthoplasty revision of my Rt knee. He is compassionate, professional, and an excellent surgeon. I feel blessed to have had him as my surgeon. I would heartily recommend him to anyone needing surgery..
in Portland, OR |
He's one of the most caring drs I've had he did my knee replacement even though I needed to lose a few more pounds. He gave me my life back
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Fischer was truly sent from Heaven to care for me! He is the VERY best...both professionally as well as compassionately. I am a "hard case" because of my M.S., my bone disease (Osteogenesis Imperfecta), and other problems; but Dr. Fischer took me on anyway with excellent care...and CARING! I thank God every day that I have the very best care possible!
in Milwaukie, OR |
Dr. Fischer replaced my left hip on 10/04/2016. I initially planned on speaking with several Doc’s before committing. I researched different methods & watched the surgery on youtube. During my first appointment with Dr. Fischer it was evident that he was very confident so I scheduled the surgery. They had me up right away & out the next morning with no restrictions. I was on crutches for 3 days, used a cane for 2 days, I’m 2 weeks post-op & walking unassisted even up stairs! Highly recommended!
Portland, OR |
Dr. Fischer has been fantastic. Not only is his bedside manner great, but he fixed my knee pain after I was told there was no solution. I'm back at work and walking without a cane for the first time in years. Thank you!
Have you seen Dr. Gustav Fischer, MD?
Are you Dr. Fischer?

Compare Dr. Fischer

Dr. Fischer says...

Dr. Gustav "Gus" Fischer is an orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty interest in arthritis and joint replacement surgery.  His practice is geared toward individuals of all ages who are seeking to reduce pain and return to an active lifestyle.

Dr. Fischer uses state of the art techniques to diagnose and treat arthritis, fractures, tendon/ligament injury, and failed joint replacement.  Care is tailored to each individual's needs, goals, and expectations.  Treatments include nonoperative pain relief, joint preservation, arthroscopy, partial joint replacement, total joint replacement, and advanced joint reconstruction.

Dr. Fischer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscus Injuries

Cleveland Clinic

Completed in 2014

Oregon State University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Fischer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fischer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery