Dr. Gurvinder Shaheed, MD

Dr. Gurvinder Shaheed, MD

Hematology & Oncology  ·

Dr. Gurvinder Shaheed, MD is a hematology & oncology specialist in Carmichael, CA and has been practicing for 12 years. He specializes in hematology & oncology, breast oncology, and more.Read his story

Mercy Medical Group

• Networks By Design
  • Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
  • Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Shaheed

See how frequently Dr. Shaheed performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Blood Disorders
Uterine Diseases

Dr. Shaheed's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Shaheed's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shaheed "I am Board Certified in Hematology and Oncology and have been practicing in the Greater Sacramento area for more than 11 years. I received my Internal Medicine degree from Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA, were I was honored to serve as the Chief Resident. From there, knowing that I wanted to go into the field of Hematology/Oncology, I completed my Fellowship training at Georgetown University Hospital, in Washington D.C., where I was also served as Chief Fellow. After being in private practice for 6 years, I joined Mercy Medical Group where I am currently the Department Chair of Medical Specialties. As part of my ongoing desire to learn, I work closely with a talented multi-disciplinary team, which includes, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and surgical specialists. We meet regularly to review cancer cases and ensure that all treatment options are being considered. I am also an active member in the California Medical Association, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the American Society of Hematology. With my free time I like to travel, run, hike and spend time with family."

This content was provided by Dr. Shaheed "I decided to become an Oncologist because it is a specialty that is all about helping people. I enjoy working closely with my patients and feel like I become a part of their family.  In addition, Oncology is an ever evolving field where a physician needs to keep up to date with latest advancements; this challenges me and keeps me intellectually engaged. I strongly believe in providing state of the art care with personalized service."

• Hematology & Oncology

• Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Punjabi University
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Chief Resident Internal Medicine, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Chief Fellow Medical Oncology/Hematology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington DC
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Shaheed has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Shaheed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaheed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaheed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaheed to family and friends

Dr. Shaheed's Performance

Dr. Shaheed came into my life when I needed a calm, encouraging, and positive voice at a very scary diagnosis of breast cancer. He takes time with you and fits your treatments to you and your diagnosis. I feel very blessed to have him as my oncologist.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Shaheed is a wonderful physician. I've been a patient of his for many years. He is very thorough, he takes his time to go over things with me and he's personable and yet professional.. Dr. Shaheed's staff has always been professional and pleasant.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0