Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD

Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD

Internal MedicineFemaleAge 56

Telehealth services available

Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in Panama City Beach, FL. She is affiliated with medical facilities Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center and Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital Bay. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sekhon to book an appointment.

Nu Wave Medical Center

New Patient?
Nu-Wave Medical Group10800 Panama City Beach Pkwy Ste 200 Panama City Beach, FL 32407

Review Highlight

"I just wanted to say for new patients that are considering looking for a new doctor that I have been with Dr. Sekhon for several years. She is a very caring..."

- Christine C in Panama City, FLSee more reviews

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Sekhon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sekhon

3.3

Dr. Sekhon?
  • Office environment (30)
  • Listened & answered questions (29)
  • Explained conditions well (28)
  • Long wait times (20)
  • Appointment was rushed (16)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (15)
Dr Sekhon is an excellent doctor and is so focused on me as I explain why I’m there. I feel that I can be an open book as far as not only my current health questions, but I feel comfortable discussing dilemas that arise in not only my marriage, but the hurdles I’ve suffered taking care of my aging mother, as well as her passing. She’s also given my husband who’s a whole other subject. Through all the misery of his cirrhosis and subsequent liver transplant, as well as other circumstances, she’s been a steadfast professional.
Lisa Brown – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
She's the best and caring person I've ever known I have gone to her for years I would recommend her highly
Aug 01, 2020
Unfriendly staff
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekohn is unprofessional, rude, and insensitive. The following happened to me: 1. She lost my test results 2. She told me I never took the test 3. Then when I showed the front desk my appointment and results on the online patient portal, she didn't apologize for making the mistake. 4. I then went to the specialist because she told me I had to get treated and that my husband had to get treated only to hear from the specialist that she read my results wrong and nothing was wrong with me?!! She clearly is a doctor for the wrong reasons and wasted my time and insurance money. Thank God I didn't allow myself to stress over the "results" she told me I had. I only selected her out of convenience of the office location and am changing physicians and will gladly drive a considerable distance for better care. The only upside is there is one friendly front desk staff that empathized with my situation.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Spent a year under Dr. Sekhon's care. Found her office and services to be much like what one would imagine in a cattle drive - move them in and get them out as quick as possible. No consideration for YOUR time. There was little regard for concerns despite your needs. Whatever you called for, repeatedly told to "make an appointment". Felt that bookings, volume and MONEY are her primary interest. Will never go back!
Kate – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Did not touch me. At least check my heart
May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon takes the time to listen to my issues and goes over several plan options for my condition. She is very thorough in finding out what is wrong. She never acts like a know it all doctor, she always asks me what I think and how I feel
Bobbie in Panama City , FL – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon was a lifesaver after the hurricane. We were able to get in to see her relatively quickly and she was very friendly.
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
I have appointment 9:45am but 10:45 I’m still waiting for they call me to see doctor If you have to work or have to do something don’t come here it take to long time
Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Seikhon you have a noticeable lack of concern for thorough care of your patients. Your completeness in the care of my Mother was unprofessional. The 1823 form we requested was incomplete and did not even have my Momma's name on the form. Her changes to her medicine were incorrect and with medicine added which were not dicussed during the office visit. You have a lackadaisical attitude in the responsibility expected of a "Doctor" in the care of your patient. Unsatisfactory professionalism.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Tim Delaney in Panama City, FL – Jun 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
I'm very happy with Dr Sekhon and her staff. I was very ill for 9 months.. I'm happy that I'm well thanks to Dr Sekhon caring and putting me in the hospital for several test until diagnosis. I highly recommend her. I have continued to see her for all of my health needs.
Debra Harrison in Panama City Beach, FL – Sep 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
She is an excellent Doctor with a very caring and professional staff!! Dr. Sekhon is one of the top-notch Doc's in this area!!!
Annie in Panama City Beach, FL – Oct 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
My family has been seeing Dr Sekhon for many years and wouldn't allow for any other to see my self let alone. My family! And that being said for many reasons including her relentless fight to find what was wrong with my health and never giving up as well as making it possible for my husband and my self to finally expand our family after 6 years of doctors prescribing the wrong medicines and wrong course of treatments. This doctor isn't just internal medicine for the physical but the psychologi
H. Guy in Panama City, FL – Oct 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
She could care less about her patients worst doctor I have ever visited will NEVER refer ANYONE to her. Completely unproffesional!!!! she also charges insuarance companys for things she doesnt perform so watch your bills close
Panama City, FL – Oct 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
I just wanted to say for new patients that are considering looking for a new doctor that I have been with Dr. Sekhon for several years. She is a very caring doctor. She is very knowledgable, patient and kind. She really cares about her patients and their health. I would recommend her to anybody, she is an excellent doctor!
Christine C in Panama City, FL – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Most people post only when it is not a good review, I am posting because our experience was above and beyond what was Dr, Sekhon job is. I brought my elderly mother in who was having difficulties do to her age, Dr Sekhon gave her all the time, attention she required, but it was when I seen her show love and compassion to her that makes her remarkable. To serve others is the best you will ever be, and Dr, Sekhon and her staff have mastered just that. I highly recommend Dr, Sekhon and her staff th
Scott o, in Panama City, FL – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
I just recently moved back to PCB and had seen Dr. Sekhon several years ago. She was very kind and helpful at my first visit. Today I went back to her to get refills on medications that I have been taking for some time which included ulcer, sleep and ADHD medication. I was treated like a crackhead and was told I was depressed. I wasn't even given the script for ulcer medicine. Out $120. I don't recommend her. Obviously she doesn't read the nurses notes. I was very insulted by how I was treated.
Lori in Panama City Beach, FL – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
this dr. refuses to give monthly refills on maintenance prescriptions. she requires you to come back each month in order to bill the insurance company. I have never had any dr. do this with regular medications. what an inconvenience to me just to make sure that my medication is filled. they are hard to get on the phone. say they will call in a refill after the month is up but do not until you might get an appointment. in the meantime you are out of medication and no care from the dr.
Panama City, FL – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon has been my primary physician for seven years. There is sometimes a wait BECAUSE she does not rush you out of the office...takes a lot of time and even gets to know you and your medical issues. Secondly, if a patient has an emergency medical problem she will always fit them in on the day they call. On at least 4 occasions I had emergency issues, and was seen by her shortly after I called. In my opinion, there is no better physician in Panama City.
Betty F. in Panama City, FL – Apr 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?
After arriving to the appointment just to refill my regular medication I was on for 10 years (will not authorize it over the phone!) found a waiting room with 19 people. 3 of them were sleeping. There were not enough place to sit! Why would the office schedule so many patients at the same time if you know you cannot see them?!? Four people next to me were there for the same reason: prescription refill. Waited for 1.5 just to be measured and charged for the office visit. Stay away from this place
Panama City Beach – Jan 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gurprit Sekhon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sekhon?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Sekhon treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Sekhon's conditions and procedures:

• Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Partial Lung Collapse

Dr. Sekhon accepts

Dr. Sekhon accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
Blue Select
BlueDental Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Sekhon provides individual care giving each patient the attention and care they deserve. Dr. Sekhon also believes in a healthy life choices and carries...Read more

Primary Care Internal Medicine Chicago Il