Dr. Gulchin Ergun, MD

Dr. Gulchin Ergun, MD

Gastroenterology | Female

Gulchin A Ergun MD 6560 Fannin St Ste 1160 Houston, TX 77030 Get Directions

Dr. Gulchin Ergun, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 59 years old. Dr. Ergun is affiliated with Houston Methodist Hospital .

Dr. Ergun's Experience

See how Dr. Ergun's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ergun

Dr. Ergun accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ergun has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ergun's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ergun to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Ergun's Performance
    GOOD
Houston, TX |
Dr. Ergun is one of the most professional, kind and helpful doctors I have seen...and I have seen many! I trust her implicitly and highly recommend her. In response to one review, I will say that Houston Methodist billing, who also handles billing for the doctors, is inefficient, confusing and frustrating. The individuals in the billing office are professional, but you have to be persistent to understand and get through the confusing way they handle bills.
Liberty, TX |
She saved my life. I went to her with discomfort and what I thought was a gall bladder problem. She said it was not my gall bladder and she ordered a CT scan. It revealed a kidney tumor and she referred me to have it looked at by a Urologist. It was malignant and the tumor was removed, successfully. Other doctors would have just sent me away without investigating.
Houston, TX |
I have been consulting with Dr. Ergun for several years. I find her to be easy to talk with; she listens carefully and is rarely rushed. She has provided excellent recommendations and care. I like her very much and highly recommend her.
Houston, TX |
She is highly rated by Methodist Hospital, but extremely difficult to get an appointment with, regardless of your dire gastro needs, even if you are an established patient. She wears too many hats...professor, does surgery 2 days and little time for in office visits. I blame a great deal of this on Methodist in attempting to be the major player in the Medical Center, acquiring smaller, lucrative practices, thereby placing others to go to them for aid. Methodist favors the RICH & FAMOUS!!!
Houston, TX |
Well worth the wait for an appointment. The best in the biz--thorough, direct, intuitive, uncannily knowledgeable.
in Houston, TX |
I did not have direct contact with this doctor. I did an esophagus motility and Bravo-reflex study. The data collected from the procedures were sent to this doctor for diagnosis. When my insurance request for additional information from her office to process the claim. They did not provide the information and thus cause claim being denied by my insurance. Without informing me and just less than 2 months, they sent my balance to a debt collector. I learn all these backwards from the collector!
in Houston , tx |
She is very knowledgeable & take time to get to bottom of problem also she pinned point the problem & she get the proper tests order , she is great !
in Houston, TX |
I went to see her because of pain in my abdomen after 5 surgeries. She did a colonoscopy and I was left in a lot of pain. She did not give me any pain medication and was left in agony and pain for 3 days and nights. I had to go to another doctor to get the help she refused to give to me. I would not recommend her to anyone.
in Bellaire, TX |
Dr Ergun demeaned me twice in 5 minutes. When I explained my problems, she asked, with subtle disdain, if a chiropractor had told me that. I said no and continued. Then when I said I was interested in h. pylori, she said in front of me, to her assistant, Now everyone is an expert with the web. I have been dealing with stomach problems for over 40 years and the attitude that I find information only on the web, and that information is bogus, is insulting. I will never go back or recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Gulchin Ergun, MD?
Are you Dr. Ergun?

Compare Dr. Ergun

Dr. Ergun's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

Dr. Ergun has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ergun's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    University Hosps
    Ny Hospital Cornell Med Center

• French

Dr. Ergun does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ergun and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures