Dr. Guillermo Valenzuela, MD

Dr. Guillermo Valenzuela, MD

Rheumatology | Male

Dr. Guillermo Valenzuela, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Plantation, FL. He is 53 years old. Dr. Valenzuela is affiliated with Westside Regional Medical Center and Broward Health Medical Center.

Dr. Valenzuela's Experience

See how Dr. Valenzuela's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Valenzuela

Dr. Valenzuela accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Valenzuela has admitting privileges.

Dr. Valenzuela's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Valenzuela to family and friends
Dr. Valenzuela's Performance
    Over 45 minutes
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The reason his wait times are so long is because he gives patients more than the standard 10-minute appointment. He spent 30 minutes with me. I imagine this must push his schedule back, but if he gives me the time he gives to others it's a fair trade.
in Oakland Park |
My Younger sister has been under the care of Dr. Valenzuela for at least 25 years and for the last few years I have taken her to her appointments. She's a Lupus and End Stage Renal patient. I have set many hours in the Waiting Room with her and always wondered out loud why was the Waiting room always full of patients regardless of the day or time. I know that my sister has been very happy with Dr. Valenzuela but, I could not see myself waiting so long to see a doctor. Patients would tell me how
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have had two visits. The first visit I met the doctor who is wonderful but I did have a very long wait. Sent me for xrays. The second visit was awful. Luckily I had called to confirm the day before because they didn't have me on the schedule. I told the receptionist when I got there and she did not seem to care. I never saw the doctor, a PA instead, long wait and they forgot about me in one of the rooms. For $450 per visit I want a doctor. His front office should be reported, make him look bad
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Bad experience in this office. Not recommended!!
Plantation, fl |
Yes, the wait time is long. However, Dr. Valenzuela and his Physicians assistant Y. Grigal are AMAZING. One of the things I look for in a doctor is the amount of time he/She spends with you in the exam room. This is most likely the reason he falls so behind schedule every day. Dr. V makes sure he spends every appointment assuring the patient has the proper diagnosis and answering ALL questions. He takes the time to explain anything you need from symptoms to side effects to medications. Love him!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Horrible wait times. He may be good but this is ridiculous. Why do doctors so overbook? Likely my last visit to this doctor!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Wait is long but he was able to fit me in due to an emergency, so I was willing to wait. He is a great doctor that cares about his patients.
in Miami, FL |
It is mostly the staff that is the problem. This new staff is just as bad as the previous one. It is difficult to speak to either one of the doctors.First you have to leave a message with their nurse and they determine how important or necessary it is for them to pass on the message to the physician. I have gone to second opinions and they don't respond to the request of forwarding my records.Specialty pharmacies have the same issue. Horrible. I'm considering leaving because of the staff.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Valenzuela is a good doctor no doubt but office staff is horrible and rude . Cant get through phone or fax easily . Doctor doesn't talk to the patients on the phone if needed . no way to reach him . Wait time 3 hrs and above .. all day event. Not enough seating in the waiting room with the amount of patients scheduled . untidy and uncomfortable waiting room and restroom. office smells like food at all times . Horrible phone reception and no WIFI.Repeat video playing in the waiting .
in Plantation, FL |
DR. V DOES NOT VALUE YOUR TIME! Waiting time is ABSURD at 3hrs minimum. My wife scheduled an apmt. 3 weeks ago and waited in the waiting room for 1.5hr before we heard others complain it was a 3hr wait. We rescheduled for the next 1st available apmt of the day which is 9 AM. We arrived at 8:30 to ensure we were the first ones to sign into the register and as of 1030 we have still not seen the doctor. his nurse advised he WAS ON HIS WAY!! He doesn't even arrive til 10:30. So disrespectful.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The office staff is completely unresponsive. I was examined by Dr Valenzuela after waiting for my appointment more than a week, in complete pain, because they had no other appointment. After seeing the Dr, I was told that I needed an MRI, and they would schedule me.Five days later, no phone call yet with appointment There is no communication between this office and my primary doctor, to process paperwork either. In short, the staff abandons patients by not processing the procedures needed.
plantation |
Good doctor but has Zero knowledge of running an office. You wait over 3 hours regardless. Your visit with him is about 20 mins. No matter how good the doctor is there is total disregard for a patient time.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I would agree dr. Valenzuela is highly educated as a rheumatologist. He does have a state of the art practice. I think it is despicable of any doctor to allow his patients to have to sit in the waiting room for more then three hours to be seen. This happened to me twice, and that very appointment I was their with my husband who left work to come with me. He saw that patients with 2:30 appts. were still not called and it was after 5pm. I told the recept. to cross me off the list, and we left.
in coconut creek, Florida |
Great Doctor. True pro. Cares about helping people. Definitely would and have recommended him to other people.
Have you seen Dr. Guillermo Valenzuela, MD?
Are you Dr. Valenzuela?

Compare Dr. Valenzuela

Dr. Valenzuela's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

Our Lady Of Mercy/Ny Med College
    Cornell U/Northshore Hospital

• Creole
  • Italian

Dr. Valenzuela does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Valenzuela and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology