Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male

Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas
150 Bergen St Newark, NJ 07103

Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Newark, NJ. He specializes in sports medicine.

Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas accepts

Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

3.3

Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas?
Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD
I ?? Dr G!! He was the only Dr that was able to get me pain free after 7 months in agony!! He’s the GREATEST!!!! Now it’s unfortunate reading reviews from 2016 how Nichole still gets away with being so unprofessional is beyond me. I totally agree with eneryoube else about her! Dr G should replace her because she’s a HORRIBLE representation of him!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD?
His surgery was unsuccessful. It has been 4 years since he did three procedures on my knee, and my knee has been worse ever since that surgery, I still use crutches or at best a cane, and I lost significant mobility and the ability to stand on it for very long. I now have bone-on-bone arthritis and am slated for a knee replacement. He also did not prepare me for the level of care I would need during recovery. In addition, his office staff have always been terribly difficult to get ahold of.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD?
I LIKED Dr Lomas and his manner, but I have not had a SINGLE positive encounter with his office staff (esp Nicole). They "sit" on insurance approvals, lie that "we did it" and suggest ALL delays were on my end. Never even got back to me for an MRI followup visit. Left VM, emailed, faxed, then physically DELIVERED a note to the Dr IN PERSON - he was unaware of these oversights, apologized/said he'd "talk to his staff". When a 2nd MRI lab asked re. missing scripts,Nicole actually HUNG UP on them!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD?
Do not go there if you do not want receive surprise bills every month. I paid the amount I was quoted for at the time of my visit. After one month I received 850$ bill, than another one with a doubled amount. I spoke twice with the Nicole from doctors office, who said she will email to billing department that the amount was paid in full. Yesterday I received a letter from the collection agency. I still have a shoulder pain and I have to deal with bill collectors thanks to this doctors office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD?
Dr. Lomas is an excellent doctor, but his office staff, particularly Nicole, is unresponsive and rude. It tooks her several weeks to submit routine paperwork to my insurer, thus delaying my medical care for months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD?
Dr Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD was very helpful and attentive. He recommended this arthroscopic hip surgery that consisted in repairing my labral tear in the cartilage and shaving off the head of the femor, which is called femoroplasty (surgery codes are 29914,29915,29916). I went in at 5pm and after some delays at the hospital the surgery lasted less than 2 hours and I was home in my bed by 2am that same night. The next day I had absolutely NO pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guillem Gonzalez-Lomas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gonzalez-Lomas treats patients.