Dr. Guido Marra, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 22 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care

New Patient?

Dr. Marra accepts

Dr. Marra accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
UniCare PPO
Choice
Choice Plus
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Marra's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tendonitis

"Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives."

1998

4.2

Dr. Marra?
Dr. Marra's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Guido Marra, MD
My Rotator Cuff has been hurting for several years. Dr. Mara met with me and assured me he could repair it. I had the most incredible recovery and can't believe I waited so long to see him. If you have a need for shoulder surgery DO NOT WAIT! After surgery, Dr. Mara was able to remove the sling early and I feel GREAT. Seriously, Call him TODAY!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Had a complete shoulder replacement one year ago and am pain free and able to do all my activities without pain or discomfort. I’m glad Dr Marra was highly recommended to me by my physicians and I highly recommend him to anyone with any shoulder problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Dr Marra has to be the BEST shoulder doctor available in the midwest !!! I am 53 yrs old and suffer from degenerative joint disease from a previous injury. Dr Marra performed a complete shoulder replacement and I have pain free since the day of surgery. His staff is also amazing !!! They work together, like a fine machine. All questions were answered and I honestly felt special when talking to any of them....Ebony, Cheryl and Amy... you girls deserve a shout out for all that you do....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Dr Marra is not a trusted doctor. He is not on you side if have a workers compensation case. Stay away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
I had a grade 2 AC joint sprain (tore 3 ligaments in my shoulder). Dr. Marra performed AC joint resection surgery with a T-allograft on my shoulder. Dr. Marra and his staff were professional, courtesy, respectful of my time, and knowledgeable about my condition. Collectively, their bedside manner was excellent, especially when it came to explaining medical terminology to me so I understood everything. Most importantly, I have a full release and have had no problems post-op. Highly recommended MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
When you walk in the door the staff is so nice. They are pretty close to schedule. Unbelievably professional. First you are interviewed by his team and Dr Marra who listens to your problem. Dr Marra is skilled and compassionate. He is not knife happy, but explains the alternatives because I had such an intense problem. Not only a fracture it was torn everything else. I am young so I wanted the best results so I can get back in the gym and back to bodybuilding and things I was doing before.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
We are so grateful to Dr. Marra for top quality service to my 86 years old mother, who suffered from severe shoulder pain secondary to advanced arthritis for many years. We were told by 2 other orthopedic surgeons, that she is too old for this very complicated procedure and that the risks are too high to do it. She lived with daily suffering, poor night sleep and depression until I found Dr. Marra. From the beginning he told us, that most of his shoulder replacement patients are older and even i
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Dr. Marra does extraordinary work - I'm 4 months post rotator cuff surgery for two torn tendons - I have full range of motion, almost full strength and absolutely no pain. I have no doubt that I'll be fully recovered in 2 more months!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
My shoulder replacement went flawlessly...I'd highly recommend Dr. Marra! Greg M., McHenry IL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Dr Mara has performed surgery on my right shoulder that was injured in a work related injury. I had previous surgery from another Orthopedic and was referred to Dr Mara when that didn't turn out so well. I am pleased with the results, although I did not return to preinjury abilities Dr. Mara gave me much more strength and mobility than I had prior to seeing him. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone I meet who has shoulder problems. And his staff is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Dr. Marra saw me after a botched surgery by another surgeon. My prior surgeon blew off my issues and complaints. My Initial visit Dr. Marra sat and spoke with me for at least 5 minutes even before he touched me. He manipulated my shoulder and immediately said an MRI was needed which I hoped would happen. Long story short without Dr. Marra and Amy's (PA) care I would still be lost and helpless.Now I at least have a fighting chance for recovery thanks to Dr. Marra skill and caring bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
This doctor barely spent any time with me. He had his assistant check me out, came in and after 90 seconds sent me off for an MRI. I had to call about the results, and his assistant called me back with the diagnosis (partially torn rotator cuff) and sent me off to rehab. She said the doc would call me, but he never did. Seems like a really arrogant guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?
Dr. Marra was professional and listened to my issue. He was calm, with a caring demeanor, and took the time to answer my questions. A resident did come in first to do the initial valuation before I saw Dr. Marra, he was also professional. Even though I arrived a few minutes late, I was seen promptly. Parking and check-in was a breeze. I would recommend Dr, Marra to my friends and family members.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Guido Marra, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marra?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Marra treats patients.

Compare Providers

More providers like Dr. Marra at Northwestern Center for Comprehensive Orthopaedic and Spine Care

Show All Orthopedic Surgeons