Dr. Gretchen Kimmick, MD

Dr. Gretchen Kimmick, MD

Oncology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Gretchen Kimmick, MD is an oncology specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from Wake Forest University School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in oncology.

20 Duke Medicine Cir

Durham, NC 27710

Learn about Dr. Kimmick

See how frequently Dr. Kimmick performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Kimmick's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kimmick "When people ask me why I became an oncologist it reminds me that Im very lucky to be doing what I do to help people. And when they remind me that it must be very difficult I nod my head because it is -- but it is also incredibly rewarding. We help people during a very difficult time in their life a cancer diagnosis. As one of my professors in medical school said It is a tremendous compliment for someone to come to us for care and I try always to remember that. There arent many places in the world where there is a top-notch multidisciplinary breast clinic with medical oncologists breast surgeons plastic surgeons radiation oncologists radiologists/breast imagers physical therapists nutritionists pharmacists social workers and psychologists nurses and staff working shoulder-to-shoulder to provide the best individualized care for each patient. We are lucky to provide individualized care to each person we see."

• Oncology

Dr. Kimmick does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Shands Hospital At The University Of Florida
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Shands Teaching Hospitals University Of Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Baptist Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Kimmick has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kimmick has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kimmick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kimmick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kimmick's Reviews

3.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kimmick to family and friends

Dr. Kimmick's Performance

GOOD

Dr. Kimmick is a very thorough, caring Doctor. She has even messaged me after hours to give me information or answer my questions.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Kimmick is wonderful. She was so compassionate and caring. I always felt that she answered all of my Questions and always spent the appropriate time with me and my family. I always feel "safe" with Dr. Kimmick and trust her wholeheartedly with my health care
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0