Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 64

Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Shifrin has more experience with Gynecologic Conditions than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Kujbyshev Med Inst medical school in 1981. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shifrin to book an appointment.

Dr. Shifrin

Gregory Shifrin MD

1766 E 12TH ST Brooklyn, NY 11229

Dr. Shifrin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shifrin

3.4

Dr. Shifrin?
  • Office environment (41)
  • Appointment scheduling (40)
  • Listened & answered questions (39)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (23)
  • Appointment was rushed (22)
  • Office environment (17)
From manager Lina to the receptionist they ALL rude. Highly unprofessional. Poor interpersonal skills. They laughs at sick patients when they ask questions about their health. What a disgrace!! I read other negative feedback and they all seem to bring up the same rude and condescending behavior towards patients.
Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Excellent, caring, very knowledgeable doctor. Him, along with his colleagues (Dr. Tamila Selitsky) performed a surgery with minimal scars left. Highly recommend.
?????? – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Dr.Shifrin provides an excellent care for his patients! Always willing to explain the cause of the condition and details of treatment/procedure. Well being and health of the patient always the goal of the treatment. I had multiple procedures done by Dr.Sifrin and he and his very professional staff took very good care of me : everything was done promptly, in very professional manner, with attention to every detail.
MK in BROOKLYN, NY – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I’m very grateful to Dr.Gregory Shifrin and his amazing staff. Dr.Gregory Shifrin diagnosed me right away. After all tests confirmed that I need surgery, he explained everything in details and very professionally. The surgery was scheduled ASAP, went very smoothly and after 2 days I was feeling great. I can’t express all my appreciation and gratitude to Dr. Gregory Shifrin and his wonderful staff. I highly recommended it and definitely will come back myself.
Yelena in Brooklyn – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
The service at this establishment exceeded my expectations. From the moment I came in for my consultation to the end of my post-op care, I felt cared for and supported. The staff is incredibly accommodating and willing, the atmosphere is very clean and bright -- this is truly patient care and medicine for the 21st century! Dr Shifrin was wonderful, walking me through the procedure from start to finish and making sure I was comfortable. I’m glad I went to him for my care.
Tatyana Sher in Brooklyn, NY – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I would give this doctor a negative 5 if I could. Anyone looking for a respectful, humane ob/gyn please stay away from this guy. He is a arrogant, self righteous nasty man with a god complex! Lets just say he doesn't like to be questioned about his suggested procedures especially if you disagree that they are necessary. According to him if your not a "board certified ob/gyn" and are not on his "medical caliber" then you have no right to question him with concerns you may have.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
S.V in BROOKYLN, NY – Jul 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
WARNING: DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR I almost died because of Dr. Shifrin! I went to him for a medical abortion. He gave me improper dosages of pills. I ended up getting sepsis. I had a fever for 2 weeks and turned yellow and kept bleeding. I came to him for a follow up and he told me I was fine and sent me home with another dosage of the same pill. Later that day I ended up in the hospital with 3 intravenous antibiotics. He is a horrible doctor and an even worse person.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Margaret Krasnov in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I'm actually being nice and giving this place one star because aside from the rude Russian staff that look miserable the doctors are actually decent people. The office manager that goes by the name of Lena is a see you next tuesday!! i mean it ! She was extremely unprofessional and doesn't know sh*t about insurances.
Loredana in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Shifrin for more than 18 years. He delivered both of my kids and helped me with other medical problems. Doctor has great bed side manners, very knowledgeable, and up to date with new developments in the field. The best ob/gyn !
South Orange, NJ – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Dr. Gregory Shifrin is a great doctor. I was a little nervous about switching doctors at first, but he put me at ease. The staff is very welcoming, I'm glad I found him. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
S.F in Brooklyn, NY – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
HORRIBLE FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE: Made an appointment with Dr.Shifrin for a consultation because I wanted to switch doctors. As soon as we sat down to speak, he started going on about money matters and that my insurance would not cover the costs of the delivery of baby and I would have to pay 15,000. Fine. But then, he kept going on about how he'd be losing money taking in a 20 week pregnant woman and that if I'm considered "high risk" he'd only be making peanuts. This is money hungry doctor.
Brooklyn, NY – Jan 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Shifrin for over 10 years and can't praise him enough for all he has done for me. He could always exactly diagnose any condition or problem and help it right away. His professionalism and knowledge are exceptional. The entire surgery and procedures went very smoothly and Doctor was always in reach and present whenever I needed his assistance.assistance. He is not only great doctor, he is a great human being and fine gentleman. I can highly recommend him!
Alla S. in NJ – Jan 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I would most definitely recommend a friend/family member. Dr. Shifrin & My. G.P. put their heads together and figured out why I was bleeding so heavy and after blood transfusions he saved my life. Dr. Shifrin's skilled hands performed surgery and corrected the problem. In addition he caught a precancerous condition. Dr. Shifrin is the best. I would never consider another gynecologist even after having had a female GYNO in the past.
Maria Bass in Brooklyn, NY – Aug 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Dr. Shifrin is an amazing doctor and a wonderful person. He really takes the time to get to know his patients and their concerns. My husband and I were trying to have a baby for over two years with no luck.Then I decided to try Dr. Shifrin, who on my first appointment set out a game plan to get me pregnant. One year later, I am very happy to say that we have a beautiful baby girl. This would not be possible without Dr. Shifrin and his staff. Highly recommended!!
Marina D in Brooklyn, NY – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
An amazing doctor. Been with me throughout my pregnancy including c-section. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Highly recommend this doctor
Anna Kruglikov in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Dr. Shifrin is knowledgeable & sincerely interested in his patient's well-being. He stayed in the hospital through my entire labor, checking on me often & even provided entertainment through his numerous stories. He made sure that the hospital staff was providing the care he would expect for his patients & controlled the situation if they weren't. I would highly recommend Dr. Shifrin to anyone looking for an extremely knowledgeable & caring OBGYN that goes above & beyond for his patients!
Ilyana in Brooklyn, NY – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
A couple of weeks ago I had Laproscopic Surgery on right ovary at Surgery of Tomorrow. Dr. Shifrin was able to put his team together within 2 days (ASAP) to perform this procedure for me. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Shifrin and his staff. Dr. Shifrin is awesome, caring, attentive and I admire him for his knowledge, experience and personality, he is very humorous. He has a wonderful, caring staff. I felt at ease and my recovery was remarkable. I am beyond satisfied.
J. Colas in Bushkill, PA – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
I have been treated by Dr.Shifrin for more then 10 years. His professionalism, attentiveness, understanding, honesty and optimism are very much appreciated?.he really makes a difference! The entire office is dedicated to help each patient feel important.
Lana S in Brooklyn, NY – Feb 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Great doctor,very knowledgeable and has very good bedside manners.Always call patient back if you need to speak with him.Very pleasant office staff .You can have blood tests and sonogram done right in the office.
Izabella in Brooklyn NY – Dec 23, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shifrin?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology