Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD

Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

3 E 69th St

New York, NY 10021

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Fidelis Care

Learn about Dr. Shifrin

See how frequently Dr. Shifrin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Yeast Infections
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Shifrin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Infertility
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Gestation

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • C-Section
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Samara State Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
  • Jersey City Medical Center

Dr. Shifrin has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Shifrin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shifrin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shifrin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shifrin to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Shifrin's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Brooklyn, NY |
I'm actually being nice and giving this place one star because aside from the rude Russian staff that look miserable the doctors are actually decent people. The office manager that goes by the name of Lena is a see you next tuesday!! i mean it ! She was extremely unprofessional and doesn't know sh*t about insurances.
South Orange, NJ |
I am a patient of Dr. Shifrin for more than 18 years. He delivered both of my kids and helped me with other medical problems. Doctor has great bed side manners, very knowledgeable, and up to date with new developments in the field. The best ob/gyn !
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Gregory Shifrin is a great doctor. I was a little nervous about switching doctors at first, but he put me at ease. The staff is very welcoming, I'm glad I found him. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
Brooklyn, NY |
HORRIBLE FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE: Made an appointment with Dr.Shifrin for a consultation because I wanted to switch doctors. As soon as we sat down to speak, he started going on about money matters and that my insurance would not cover the costs of the delivery of baby and I would have to pay 15,000. Fine. But then, he kept going on about how he'd be losing money taking in a 20 week pregnant woman and that if I'm considered "high risk" he'd only be making peanuts. This is money hungry doctor.
in NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shifrin for over 10 years and can't praise him enough for all he has done for me. He could always exactly diagnose any condition or problem and help it right away. His professionalism and knowledge are exceptional. The entire surgery and procedures went very smoothly and Doctor was always in reach and present whenever I needed his assistance.assistance. He is not only great doctor, he is a great human being and fine gentleman. I can highly recommend him!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I would most definitely recommend a friend/family member. Dr. Shifrin & My. G.P. put their heads together and figured out why I was bleeding so heavy and after blood transfusions he saved my life. Dr. Shifrin's skilled hands performed surgery and corrected the problem. In addition he caught a precancerous condition. Dr. Shifrin is the best. I would never consider another gynecologist even after having had a female GYNO in the past.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Shifrin is an amazing doctor and a wonderful person. He really takes the time to get to know his patients and their concerns. My husband and I were trying to have a baby for over two years with no luck.Then I decided to try Dr. Shifrin, who on my first appointment set out a game plan to get me pregnant. One year later, I am very happy to say that we have a beautiful baby girl. This would not be possible without Dr. Shifrin and his staff. Highly recommended!!
in Brooklyn, NY |
An amazing doctor. Been with me throughout my pregnancy including c-section. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Highly recommend this doctor
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Shifrin is knowledgeable & sincerely interested in his patient's well-being. He stayed in the hospital through my entire labor, checking on me often & even provided entertainment through his numerous stories. He made sure that the hospital staff was providing the care he would expect for his patients & controlled the situation if they weren't. I would highly recommend Dr. Shifrin to anyone looking for an extremely knowledgeable & caring OBGYN that goes above & beyond for his patients!
in Bushkill, PA |
A couple of weeks ago I had Laproscopic Surgery on right ovary at Surgery of Tomorrow. Dr. Shifrin was able to put his team together within 2 days (ASAP) to perform this procedure for me. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Shifrin and his staff. Dr. Shifrin is awesome, caring, attentive and I admire him for his knowledge, experience and personality, he is very humorous. He has a wonderful, caring staff. I felt at ease and my recovery was remarkable. I am beyond satisfied.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been treated by Dr.Shifrin for more then 10 years. His professionalism, attentiveness, understanding, honesty and optimism are very much appreciated?.he really makes a difference! The entire office is dedicated to help each patient feel important.
in Brooklyn NY |
Great doctor,very knowledgeable and has very good bedside manners.Always call patient back if you need to speak with him.Very pleasant office staff .You can have blood tests and sonogram done right in the office.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Shifrin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shifrin?

See our Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Shifrin