Dr. Gregory Shannon, MD

Dr. Gregory Shannon, MD

Gastroenterology  ·
Dr. Gregory Shannon, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Sugar Land, TX and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in gastroenterology.

17510 W Grand Pkwy S Ste 220

Sugar Land, TX 77479

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Shannon

See how frequently Dr. Shannon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Pain
Diarrhea
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Shannon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

Medical School | Graduated 1996
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Shannon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shannon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shannon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shannon's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shannon to family and friends

Dr. Shannon's Performance

Dr. Shannon is good at what he does. One of the best GI docs I’ve seen & I went thru a few to find him by word of mouth. Saw his NP this last time & I was hestitant at first but she was extremely nice & very knowledgeable about everything. So now I feel comfortable seeing either of them.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Great doc and has always been! Always addresses my needs and spend a great deal of time with me! The best for my GI problems!!! Top notch
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Saw Dr. Shannon over a year ago with stomach issues. I waited a long time in the lobby. It was crowded and not enough seats. Finally got in and he just talked to me. He never examined me. Told me to take a probiotic and see him in two months. Came back in 2 months. He had no recommendation until I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I went to see Dr. Shannon after one of my colleagues recommended him. Staff was excellent at accommodating me. When I made it to my appointment I actually saw his nurse practitioner. I was not aware that I would be seeing the her when I made the appointment. She was great! Made me feel at ease and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Shannon's staff is rude and the office seems to be very disorganized. I had to wait nearly one hour only to see the NP. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy without every seeing the doctor. I only saw the NP during my visit. The doctor never came in an introduced himself, which made me hesitant...more
Are you Dr. Shannon?