Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD

Bariatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Schroder

Advanced Surgical Partners of Virginia

7702 E Parham Rd Ste 304 Richmond, VA 23294

Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Richmond, VA and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth Univ. School of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.

Dr. Schroder accepts

Dr. Schroder accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Dr. Schroder treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high
high

Dr. Schroder performs Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Schroder performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Schroder performs Esophageal Surgery more than 52% of his peers

Dr. Schroder performs this procedure more than 52% of his peers

Dr. Schroder's conditions and procedures:

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery

4.3

Dr. Schroder?
Dr. Schroder's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD
Without a doubt the best doctor I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Dr. Schroder is kind, compassionate and most of all he’s knowledgeable. His bedside manner is second to none. I’ve been his patient for 20+ years and he’s done multiple surgeries on me. In the event he doesn’t know or feels less than comfortable with something he tells you straight up and takes time to educate himself so he can give you the best possible care. I highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder and the staff at his office is incredible! Had my lap band surgery over 10 years ago and I always get first class service on every visit to the office. Dr Schroder did an excellent job with my lap band and feel great and keeping my weight down for over 10 years! If you are looking to have weight loss surgery, this is the practice you want to goto!
Most definitely
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder is a very caring and understanding doctor. And very helpful and gives good advice and ways to help u reach ur goal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder listened to concerns, gove may different recommendations and explain the process he would be using to help me through my journey. He listened to my concerns and to into consideration what I wanted. Dr. Schroder really made me feel at ease and I was comfortable talking to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
I highly recommend Advanced Partners of VA. Everyone from the receptionists to Dr. Schroder is very kind and take the time to answer your questions and any needs you may have. This office is wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Worst post op experience ever! Dr Schroder rushes in and out of each appt in about 2 mins. My concerns with surgery not working have been dismissed by everyone. When transitioning to soft foods, (2 weeks out) the food guidelines he told me to follow were the ones his dietician gives at 1 year post op. Last appt they scheduled me with with wrong surgeon and cancelled on me last min. Will not reschedule, seeking help elsewhere. Beware, he's great till the bill gets paid, then you're just a number!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder and his staff are amazing! Very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Always courteous and go out of their way to help me when I call or when I'm in the office for an appointment. I wish all doctor offices operated like Dr. Schroder's office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Schroder for anyone. He is a great surgeon, compassionate and answers all questions thoroughly and in simple terms. I have had three surgeries, and each one was successful. I received excellent care from him as well as his staff. Appointments are readily available and made with ease. Many thanks to Dr. Schroder for all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder is an excellent surgeon, and his calming demeanor makes it easy to ask questions without feeling uncomfortable. He explains each procedure in clear terms that are easy to understand. His knowledge is extraordinary, and he studies each case independently. He returns calls quickly, and researches each case. He is not hesitant to confer with other physicians if something appears questionable. He has performed abdominal surgeries on me multiple times with great success. Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
I would suggest anyone that has a problem with weight should see Dr. Schoder. He is one of the most kindest doctors ive ever seen. He seems to understand with you have problems and does not give up on you. Because I have had some problems the past couple of years and have really not taken care of my self and hes gonna help me what ever it takes to fix my problem. There is nothing I woulnt trust him to do. Forever greatful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
I loved dr schroder and if you ask anyone at the hospital they will tell you the same. He is compassionate and knowledgeable
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr Schroder was my first choice for bariatric surgery. I foulnd him to be knowledgeable about this procedure (lapband) and the benefits I could derive as well as possible risks. I decided to have the surgery after going through the classes and studying the eating and nutrition guidelines. After more than 7 years I have been extremely pleased with the consistent weight loss and the other benefits.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder is one of those doctors who advocates for their patients. I recently had a visit with him and insurance was not going to pay for the visit. He fixed the problem by coding it correctly. I was a surgical patient of his 16 years ago and he was very compassionate to my health concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Schroder to any one seeking surgery. He listens to what you have to say and takes appropriate actions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Dr. Schroder is an amazing surgeon! He performed my gastric bypass 15 years ago, my appendectomy,, hernia and Beria repair and will now take out my gallbladder! I would trust anyone else! His bedside manner is second to none and he really cares about his patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
I first went to see Dr SChroder in Jan 2016 to discuss sleeve gastrectomy. For insurance to cover the procedure required several months of steps. Dr Schroder's office was very accommodating in helping to get everything in order and October I had the procedure. Dr Schroder is a skilled surgeon and I have had zero complications. I have been extremely pleased with him and his office during this process and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for weight loss surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Went to Dr. Schroder 10 years ago for weight loss surgery. Was the best experience ever. No complications, extraordinary care and follow up. Then 3 years ago had a heriated bowel and headed straight to the care of Dr. Schroder. There just isn't a more gifted and sincere Doctor. Can never say enough than yous to him and his highly qualified staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
The office is professional and compassionate. It's important to connect with your bariatric provider and his support staff, as it's a lifeline relationship. Dr. Schroder's NP, Angie Tucker, is AMAZING! I love the support of his practice and I'm glad I'm a patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schroder?

Dr. Gregory Schroder and Dr. Matthew Brengman are well recognized by there peers for performing highly successfully surgeries on thousands of patients in the Richmond area. They stay up to date on all surgery techniques and are often seen as leaders among their peers in the field of minimally invasive surgery.

• Bariatric Surgery

1992
1988
1987

• French

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Schroder treats patients.