Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD

Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Schroder is affiliated with Retreat Doctors' Hospital, Parham Doctors' Hospital and Henrico Doctors' Hospital.

7702 E Parham Rd Ste 304

Richmond, VA 23294

Learn about Dr. Schroder

See how frequently Dr. Schroder performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Stomach Surgery
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high

Dr. Schroder's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Schroder "Dr. Gregory Schroder and Dr. Matthew Brengman are well recognized by there peers for performing highly successfully surgeries on thousands of patients in the Richmond area. They stay up to date on all surgery techniques and are often seen as leaders among their peers in the field of minimally invasive surgery."

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gastroparesis
  • Hernia

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery

• Med College Of Virginia Vcu
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Med College Of Virginiavcu
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Schroder has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Schroder has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Schroder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schroder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Schroder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schroder to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Schroder's Performance
Mechanicsville |
Dr. Schroder and his staff are amazing! Very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Always courteous and go out of their way to help me when I call or when I'm in the office for an appointment. I wish all doctor offices operated like Dr. Schroder's office!
in Hanover, VA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Schroder for anyone. He is a great surgeon, compassionate and answers all questions thoroughly and in simple terms. I have had three surgeries, and each one was successful. I received excellent care from him as well as his staff. Appointments are readily available and made with ease. Many thanks to Dr. Schroder for all.
in Hanover, VA |
Dr. Schroder is an excellent surgeon, and his calming demeanor makes it easy to ask questions without feeling uncomfortable. He explains each procedure in clear terms that are easy to understand. His knowledge is extraordinary, and he studies each case independently. He returns calls quickly, and researches each case. He is not hesitant to confer with other physicians if something appears questionable. He has performed abdominal surgeries on me multiple times with great success. Highly recommend
in Midlothian, VA |
I would suggest anyone that has a problem with weight should see Dr. Schoder. He is one of the most kindest doctors ive ever seen. He seems to understand with you have problems and does not give up on you. Because I have had some problems the past couple of years and have really not taken care of my self and hes gonna help me what ever it takes to fix my problem. There is nothing I woulnt trust him to do. Forever greatful.
Petersburg, VA |
I loved dr schroder and if you ask anyone at the hospital they will tell you the same. He is compassionate and knowledgeable
in Gloucester, VA |
Dr.Schroer is the best doctor I've ever had. His bedside manner is remarkable and is only topped by his skills. Dr. Schroder has done multiple surgeries on me and should I need another surgery he will be the only one to operate on me. I travel two hours one way to have Dr. Schroder care for me and if he were to move across the country I'd do the same. After being his patient for over 20 years I feel like II can say that I know I've had the absolute best surgeon on the east coast.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr Schroder was my first choice for bariatric surgery. I foulnd him to be knowledgeable about this procedure (lapband) and the benefits I could derive as well as possible risks. I decided to have the surgery after going through the classes and studying the eating and nutrition guidelines. After more than 7 years I have been extremely pleased with the consistent weight loss and the other benefits.
in North Chesterfield, VA |
Dr. Schroder is one of those doctors who advocates for their patients. I recently had a visit with him and insurance was not going to pay for the visit. He fixed the problem by coding it correctly. I was a surgical patient of his 16 years ago and he was very compassionate to my health concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Schroder to any one seeking surgery. He listens to what you have to say and takes appropriate actions.
in Richmond VA |
Dr. Schroder is an amazing surgeon! He performed my gastric bypass 15 years ago, my appendectomy,, hernia and Beria repair and will now take out my gallbladder! I would trust anyone else! His bedside manner is second to none and he really cares about his patients!
in Amelia Court House, VA |
I first went to see Dr SChroder in Jan 2016 to discuss sleeve gastrectomy. For insurance to cover the procedure required several months of steps. Dr Schroder's office was very accommodating in helping to get everything in order and October I had the procedure. Dr Schroder is a skilled surgeon and I have had zero complications. I have been extremely pleased with him and his office during this process and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for weight loss surgery.
in Clover, VA |
Went to Dr. Schroder 10 years ago for weight loss surgery. Was the best experience ever. No complications, extraordinary care and follow up. Then 3 years ago had a heriated bowel and headed straight to the care of Dr. Schroder. There just isn't a more gifted and sincere Doctor. Can never say enough than yous to him and his highly qualified staff
in Ruther Glen, VA |
The office is professional and compassionate. It's important to connect with your bariatric provider and his support staff, as it's a lifeline relationship. Dr. Schroder's NP, Angie Tucker, is AMAZING! I love the support of his practice and I'm glad I'm a patient.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Schroder, MD?
Are you Dr. Schroder?