Dr. Gregory Sarka, DDS

Dr. Gregory Sarka, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |

Dr. Gregory Sarka, DDS is a dentist who practices in Waterville, ME. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Read his story

Mid-Maine Oral Surgery

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Sarka

Dr. Sarka's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sarka "Dr. Sarka has practiced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Maine for over 10 years, and is excited to be practicing in Waterville. Dr. Sarka is married to Sue and they have two children. Although not true "Mainers", the Sarka family has lived in Maine for many years now and consider Maine their home. Dr. Sarka is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point where he earned his B.S. degree in Engineering in 1987. Upon completing his Army service as an Infantry Officer, he put his education to use as an engineer for a computer company in Silicon Valley. He returned to school, and earned his D.D.S. degree from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, California in 1998. During his residency training in Pittsburgh, PA, he also completed medical school and received his M.D. in 2004 from the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Sarka was classically trained in the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and is licensed to practice in the state of Maine. Dr. Sarka is board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and maintains active memberships in the American Medical Association, American Dental Association, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Maine Medical Association and the Maine State Dental Association. He is also a Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and a Diplomat of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. Dr. Sarka has current staff privileges at Maine General in Augusta and Maine Medical Center in Portland. Dr. Sarka's clinical interests include Dental Surgery, Routine Extractions, Removal of Impacted Wisdom Teeth, Pre-prosthetic Surgery, Dental Implants, Bone Grafting, Oral Pathology, and Anesthesia. Dr. Sarka is an innovative and compassionate physician and surgeon. He is committed to providing the highest quality of patient care, and strives to deliver the best possible experience to each and every one of his patients."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Oral Surgery

• Biopsy
  • Extraction of Wisdom Tooth
  • Nobel Biocare Implants
  • Simple Tooth Extractions

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• United States Military Academy, West Point
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • University Of The Pacific School Of Dentistry In San Francisco, California-D.D.S.
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University Of Pittsburgh-Md
    Other Education | Completed 2002
  • University Of Pittsburgh-Oral Surgery Certificate
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Dr. Sarka has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sarka does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sarka and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sarka's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sarka to family and friends
Dr. Sarka Says:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our practice.  We appreciate your kind words and take all constructive criticism seriously in order to provide patients with the best care and experience possible.  Sincerely,  Dr. Greg Sarka

Dr. Sarka's Performance
Thank you for making it so easy. Dr. Sarka, you and your staff all made me feel very comfortable and valued.
My experience was amazing even though I had complications and had to have another surgery shortly after my first. Dr. Sarka and is team are all so caring and showed a lot of compassion towards me. They all made me feel so comfortable, especially when this setting can be nerve racking. Thank you so much!
As usual, everything started with laughter to ease the anxiety. Skilled hands, efficient staffing. But I hope i do not need to come back, but will come willingly when advised.
No complaints. It was an excellent experience. Linda Trask
Very Terrfic. They got me right in for I did not have to go this weekend being in pain.
everything went as planed. cant complain
I had a great experience with Dr. Sarka a few months back so when it was time for my son to have his wisdom teeth removed, there was no question about who we would choose as his oral surgeon. Dr. Sarka is very professional, respectful, and caring.
my experience was amazing very glade that i went to mid maine oral surgery. Dr Sarka is wonderful and amazing thank you for taking such good care of me and what i needed thanks again
Molar was glued in with super glue. But he got it out. I'll be back.
Dr. Sarka took as much time as needed with me. Staff was professional and friendly.
I came in today and was so nervous about my surgery. The staff and Dr. Sarka were great and very patient with me. I would recommend this office to anyone. I would definitely come back here again!
Dr. Sarka and his staff were so caring during this my appointment. They understood that I was nervous and took plenty of time to make me comfortable.
Best expererience at a surgeons office I have ever had. Very personable.
great
in Jay, ME |
i was there and was scared but i am telling you i would highly recommend this office they are like family and give the bestt awesome treatment you could get the dr and the nurse karen super i cant say enough how great the visit was and ffor going to the dentist which noone likes i reallyenjoyed it and the next day no swelling no hurt it was great and i thought for sure my tooth would break and thought the worst but he got it got one piece thank you both so much if need dentist again one ty
in WILTON |
Dr. Sarka is one of those rare doctors who does excellent work AND is down-to-earth and personable. I wish he was a primary care physician because I would switch to him in a heart beat.
in canaan |
I suffer from panic disorder and was extremely terrified of having a tooth extracted. I met with Dr. Sarka and immediately felt his compassion and willingness to listen to my irrational fears and anxiety. He reassured me and I felt that I could put my trust in his professional hands. The procedure took literally minutes and I actually giggled near the end...relieved that my heart rate was behaving and that I had chosen such a skilled Dr. The whole staff made me feel safe and I am very grateful.
in Old Town, ME |
I needed to have difficult wisdom tooth removed because of the proximity to the nerve running under the tooth. After getting a snarky reception from whoever answered the phone at the Bangor area oral surgeon, I called Dr. Sarkas place and was greeted warmly and set up an appt. there. Best decision I could have made. No numbness, no swelling and it is healing well. Best Oral surgeon and staff around!! My daughter needs hers removed soon. We will travel to Dr. Sarkas for the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Sarka, DDS?

Visit Dr. Sarka