Dr. Gregory Pomeroy, MD

Dr. Gregory Pomeroy, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
Dr. Gregory Pomeroy, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in Portland, ME. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

195 Fore River Pkwy Ste 210

Portland, ME 04102

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Pomeroy

See how frequently Dr. Pomeroy performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Conditions
Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone
Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair

Dr. Pomeroy's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Bunion
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• Medical College Of Aurora University
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Hartford Hospital
  • University Of Ct School Of Med

Dr. Pomeroy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pomeroy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pomeroy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pomeroy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pomeroy to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Pomeroy's Performance
South Portland |
Dr. Pomeroy had a great attitude until he joined St. Marys. His staff talks openly about patients who complain. Staff was not happy about being transferred to St. Marys. Asked for assistive devices. Was told not necessary. "You will figure it out." Dr. Pomeroy was mad that I went to OA for care for hip and swollen knee on opposite side due to aircast. He didn't seem to care after I told him that. After surgery, care and attitude was poor.
in Portland, ME |
Ok, if you're looking for a coddling bedside manner, go someplace else. BUT if you want a SUPERIOR surgeon to fix you, Dr. Pomeroy is the best. I loved him. He is boisterous, and he'll tell you what you need to do. If you're willing to work hard, your surgery will fix whatever the problem is. If you're easily affronted, or aren't willing to put in the time and effort it takes, than you really ought to go somewhere else. Once again, if you want the best, you want Pomeroy.
in SKOWHEGAN, MAINE |
He is the most amazing man I have ever met! My ankle injury was botched from a previous surgeon, and I was basically cripple. He took me on as a patient without having to, and fixed my ankle so I could walk again. Mercy Hospital is losing the best doctor I have ever met. He is an angel on earth.
in Glen, NH |
I could barely walk due to ankle arthritis from an injury 12 years ago. He explained the ankle fusion surgery & what the recovery would be like. He was direct & to the point. Everything he said was spot on. He said I would hate him before it was over as the recovery is long & painful. That hatred was temporary. My advice is to follow his instructions exactly! I did and now I have my quality of life back. I greatly respect & admire Dr. Pomeroy. My only regret is that I didn't see him sooner.
in Hartland, ME |
Dr. Pomeroy is the most amazing surgeon I have had the pleasure of meeting. I have had six surgeries and his was by far the most successful. He is an amazing surgeon!
Biggest issue is that he didn't spend much time with me. He was in and out of the exam room in 5 minutes. And I told him I didn't feel completely healed and he just said yeah it's not because of how the scar looked. 6 months later... I still don't feel healed from a simple bunion and hyper mobility syndrome surgery. Had this surgery done by a different, less experienced surgeon the first time, and it went much smoother than with Dr. Pomeroy.
Arundel ME |
Dr Pomeroy has been my Dr for over 18 yrs now. He pulls no punches tells you straight up what needs to be done and his skills as a surgeon are top notch.
in Portland, ME |
This man is a first-class surgeon. After sustaining a severe lisfranc injury due to a motorcycle accident, and doing a lot of research about my injury, I was scared to death that I would spend the rest of my life handicapped. I did a lot of homework before finding Dr. Pomeroy. His experience is vast and his success ratio is phenomenal. I cannot begin to say how happy I am that I chose him for my mid-foot fusion surgery. All expectations have been exceeded. Excellent surgeon A+++!
in Standish,Me |
Dr. Pomeroy and his staff were excellent! This was my second go round w/ corrective foot/ankle surgery. All due primarily to reconstructive surgery performed over 15 yrs. ago. incorrectly. So understandable apprehensive, Dr. Pomeroy and his staff explained in detail how to correct my issue and all the do's & don'ts for a successful recovery. The right foot healed very well, just as they indicated. I will be having corrective surgery on my left foot this year with no concerns whatsoever!
in gorham, ME |
After 6 yrs of pain in my foot I was referred to dr pomeroy. He assured me he could fix this ! Falling arch to be brief. The short story is 10 years have gone by now and I'm in more pain than I was then and 2 procedures later I'm VERY MUCH WORSE!!! And did I mention still paying down that bill! Can't get another surgeon to rework cause there afraid to make it worse:-(
in Auburn, ME |
Dr. Pomeroy performed surgery on my ankle on February 8, 2016. I listened and did exactly what he recommended. It was a very long 2 months in idle recovery but the result is fantastic! 6 months after surgery I hiked over a mountain in Rangeley, ME with my foot straight and no posture modifications to accommodate pain. 8 months after surgery I easily completed a 50 mile bicycle ride in the Dempsey Challenge. I can't thank Dr. Pomeroy and his staff enough for giving me my life back.
in Bangor, ME |
Dr. Pomeroy and his staff did a great job at explaining the procedure, recovery time, and the do's and don'ts after surgery. I did exactly what they said and the recovery went exactly how they said it was going to go, no issues. I would recommend Dr. Pomeroy for any type of foot and ankle problems.
in Franklin, Maine |
I am having a great experience with Dr. Pomeroy. I instantly felt at ease with his expertise and humorous personality. I am actually having surgery in the morning to have my ankle repaired and I'm not nervous at all as I know I am in the best hands possible.
in Hancock, ME |
He was very clear about the requirements for successful recovery from my bunion and related surgery, and the restrictions necessary for successful recovery. He wasn't kidding - either about the restrictions, or the resulting success.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Pomeroy, MD?
Are you Dr. Pomeroy?