Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD

Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD

36 reviews

Cornea & Refractive Surgery | Male | 40 years old

Our mission at Parkhurst-NuVision is the relentless pursuit of best natural vision, enabling people to enjoy life and connect with one another uninhibited from the barriers created by poor eyesight.Read more

Parkhurst Nuvision

Having grown up nearsighted, I understand what it is like to struggle with blurry vision. I am a successful Laser Vision patient, having had the procedure in 2003. I have performed various vision correction procedures on several of my family members including LASIK surgery on my mom in 2013. A personal understanding of what people are going through, as well as the expertise to know how to fix it, drives me to help others struggling with poor vision. I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help you too. You can call our office at 210-615-9358 or go online to request an appointment at sanantonio-lasik com.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Parkhurst's Experience

See how Dr. Parkhurst's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parkhurst

Dr. Parkhurst accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Parkhurst has admitting privileges.

Dr. Parkhurst's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parkhurst to family and friends
Dr. Parkhurst Says:

I am so grateful to those who take the time to go out of their way to leave a review regarding their experience in my office and the outcomes they achieved with their vision.  My staff and I undertake great efforts to make visits to our office pleasant, comfortable, and friendly.  Thank you!

Dr. Parkhurst's Performance
Houston, TX |
Very professional. Staff puts you at ease and answers all questions knowledgeably.
in La Vernia |
I was nervous at first about the LASIK procedure but Dr. Parkhurst was extremely thorough in explaining the details and put my mind at ease with the whole process. I couldn't be happier with the way the procedure went, overall respect of the staff and follow up I received the day of and after the procedure.
in San Antonio, TX |
Great Doctor, Great Office. Everyone involved went above and beyond to make my LASIK experience wonderful.
Wellington, WGN New Zealand |
I currently live overseas and have looked at multiple options to have my vision corrected. After much consideration there is no one else that I would trust with my vision other than Dr. Parkhurst. He has all available technology and experience to offer exactly the treatment that is needed. After discussing the options with Dr. Parkhurst I decided on LASIK and my vision has never been better. The whole experience was 1st class and is highly recommended.
in Michigan |
Dr Parkhurst is a professional, knowledgeable and caring doctor.... he has performed PRK, surgically removed a blister from the "white" part of my eye and also performed cataract surgery on me. I had no pain with all three of these procedures. Dr. Parkhurst talk to me in "simple" & understanding language so I completely understood the procedure he needed to perform on my eyes... I live in Michigan but have chosen to return to Texas to Dr. Parkhurst for all my vision care.
in San Antonio |
Just had my ICL surgery. I had been told I wasn't a good candidate for LASIK before because of my prescription so I researched my options and then found Dr. Parkhurst. I learned that he performed the most ICL's for multiple years and the level of training he has done made me sure I was headed to the perfect place to trust with my eyes. Dr. Parkhurst doesn't push the limits of any one technology and will only do what will benefit you long term. He performed the same surgery as mine on his wife!
Kyle, TX |
I had my lasik done by dr parkhurst over 5 years ago and can still see great! I recently referred my dad to him and we both agree dr parkhurst is the best! The staff is amazing too, especially Amanda! Thanks for your time, patience, and knowledge!
in San Antonio, TX |
Thank you so much for my amazing gift of sight without glasses!!! I see the best I have seen in over 20 years thanks to DR. PARKHURST!!!!!!!! The process was easy and quick! I didn't feel anything during the procedure and now I can see clearly! I don't have to worry about trying to find my glasses in the middle of the night so that I can see! The things I am able to do and see now are beyond what I could do with my glasses. I am so thankful! You are the best Dr. Parkhurst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in San Antonio |
Dr. Parkhurst is amazing. Very knowledgable about all procedures and making sure he aligns the best possible surgery with you. LASIK was recommended for me and I enjoy it so much. Thank you to Dr. Parkhurst for always being available to answer my questions. He even texts you the evening of your surgery so that you have his contact information. He is always there to help. Truly one of a kind, purely genuine and wanting the best for everyone. Thank you greatly for my NuVision.
in San Antonio, TX |
LASIK was best thing that I waited TOO LONG TO DO! I’m ecstatic EVERY SINGLE DAY. I spent entirely too long dealing with the constant struggle of uncomfortable contacts and smudged glasses. Dr. Parkhurst, Dr. Psolka and my very own counselor helped crush my anxieties and gave me the confidence to roll into surgery smiles and knowledge. The benefits of being able to see outweighed any worries I thought I ever could have made up. The entire experience was AMAZING & I highly recommend to all!!
in San Antonio, TX |
My thanks to Jeni DeFoore and her exemplary professionalism, attitude, and helpfulness. Every member of the Parkhurst Nuvision staff I have had contact with to this date has been truly outstanding. Again thank you.
in New Braunfels, TX |
Great experience. I had laser cataract surgery with multi focal lens. Everyone in the office was nice and knowledgeable. Doctors and staff did a thorough job of explaining procedures and patient with questions. At any time, I could call the office or Dr. Parkhurst with questions or concerns. It's only been two weeks and still getting use to freedom of not wearing glasses.
in San Antonio, Texas |
A 20/20 EXPERIENCE! STAFF All of the staff members were sharp dressed, professional and very easy going. I inconvenienced them countless times with my various demands but it never affected their performance or courtesy. ATMOSPHERE The building itself had a very homely, yet upscale feel to it. Everything was clean, the equipment looked like it was state of the art and they had... COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED WATER!!! PROCEDURE ALL of my appointments leading up to my operation were FREE!
in San Antonio, TX |
He and his staff, the surgical center and the outcome exceeded my expectations. Latest and greatest technology is why I chose him. I would not hesitate to put one of my most precious gifts in his hands.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had surgery two years ago and had 20/25 vision within 24 hours. Yesterday I had surgery on my other eye and today it is 20/20 after being 20/200! I found Dr Parkhurst to be very competent and patient in explaining every step of the surgery. His office staff and the surgical staff were very professional. Both Dr. Parkhurst and his anesthesiologist are of the highest caliber and inspire confidence. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD?

Dr. Parkhurst's Care Philosophy

Having grown up nearsighted, I understand what it is like to struggle with blurry vision. I am a successful Laser Vision patient, having had the procedure in 2003.  I have performed various vision correction procedures on several of my family members including LASIK surgery on my mom in 2013.  A personal understanding of what people are going through, as well as the expertise to know how to fix it, drives me to help others struggling with poor vision.  I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help you too.  You can call our office at 210-615-9358 or go online to request an appointment at sanantonio-lasik com.

Dr. Parkhurst says...

My passion includes Advanced Vision Correction Surgery for Myopia, Astigmatism, Age-Related Loss of Near Vision (Presbyopia) including LASIK, corneal Inlays, and Laser Cataract Surgery.

Dr. Parkhurst says...

It was an honor to be identified as 1 of the Top 10 Eye Surgeons in the world by The Ophthalmologist, a respected EyeCare industry publication for their global list of the Top 40 Under 40 most influential doctors.

Dr. Parkhurst says...

Dr. Parkhurst's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cornea & Refractive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Parkhurst has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Parkhurst's Board Certifications

University of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston

Completed in 2013

Hillsdale College

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Parkhurst does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parkhurst and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cornea & Refractive Surgery