Dr. Gregory Parkhurst, MD

Dr. Gregory Parkhurst, MD

Cornea & Refractive Surgery  |

I feel incredibly humbled and grateful that you have chosen us to accomplish quality vision for the life you live. My life’s work is to help people, just like you, enjoy life without the barriers created by poor vision. I love what I do, because experiencing life with better vision allows people to connect with one another and enjoy the world around us every waking minute of our lives. Having grown up with bad vision and astigmatism myself, I can fully identify with the frustration, hassles, and even risks of being dependent on glasses and contacts just like you may be now. We all have "embarrassing stories" from childhood that we'd rather forget. One or two probably popped into your head just now. One that painfully sticks out for me was when I was a junior high kid. Along with many of the other boys in my class, I had been invited to a birthday party at the lake. As soon as they said it was my turn to water ski, I immediately dove headfirst into the water. One problem: I had forgotten to take off my glasses before diving in! After thrashing around in the waves, grasping at my quickly disappearing glasses as they spiraled toward the bottom of the lake, that summer day still ranks as one of the most humiliating and frustrating experiences of my childhood. There went my chance to ski and have fun with the other boys, and with it my ability to see, not only for the rest of that day, but also the next several days until I could get a new pair of glasses. That was just one of the reasons why back in 2003, I decided to have vision correction surgery myself. My vision was better than 20/20 within a week, and 14 years later, it is still exactly the same. It is often easy to forget by now what a life with nearsightedness and astigmatism was like. Since that time, I have had the privilege of performing over 14,000 procedures on patients from all over the world. Many of those I've helped are professional athletes and public figures whose names we all recognize, but more importantly, they are also some of my closest family members and friends. Those whom I’ve performed surgery for include my mother (who had LASIK), my father (who had laser cataract surgery with multifocal implant lenses), my mother-in-law, my wife’s best friend, some of my closest childhood friends, other eye doctors and surgeons and their family, and countless military members who found themselves in environments where glasses and contacts simply are not an option. Over the course of the last several years, I feel incredibly blessed to have helped so many of you from states and countries near and far accomplish your best natural vision. There are too many of your stories to recount here, but a couple come to mind. To you Jessica, who struggled with "coke-bottle glasses" since 1st grade and decided to have your mom come in from out of state to have her vision corrected too. Experiencing that moment when the two of you were a few weeks out from your procedures and sharing happy tears, celebrating being able to see better than either of you ever remembered was truly a highlight. And to you Javier, who grew up self-conscious due to blurred vision, seeing you experience newfound self-confidence and not having to hide behind those thick glasses. My life’s work is dedicated to you. For those of you who’ve already trusted us at Parkhurst NuVision to correct your vision, thank you from the bottom of my heart. If we've not yet had the pleasure to meet you, please contact me here. I would be thrilled to meet you personally and see what we can do to help. For others who would like to know more about the details about my resume, training, and experience, please feel free to read on below. However, beyond diplomas, certificates, awards, and designations, know that the most important thing I think you should know, is that I’m in this for you, and it would be an absolute privilege for me to see what we can do to help you achieve your best natural vision. Having my vision fixed has changed my life every waking minute. If you think it might benefit you, I'd love to meet with you and discuss your options in person.

Parkhurst Nuvision

9725 Datapoint Dr Ste 200

San Antonio, TX 78229

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Parkhurst

Having grown up nearsighted, I understand what it is like to struggle with blurry vision. I am a successful Laser Vision patient, having had the procedure in 2003.  I have performed various vision correction procedures on several of my family members including LASIK surgery on my mom in 2013.  A personal understanding of what people are going through, as well as the expertise to know how to fix it, drives me to help others struggling with poor vision.  I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help you too.

Dr. Parkhurst's Experience

Dr. Parkhurst's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cornea & Refractive Surgery

• Slade & Baker Vision Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University of Texas at Houston
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Parkhurst has no media or publications listed.

• American College of Surgeons, Fellow
  • Refractive Surgery Alliance, President

Dr. Parkhurst's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parkhurst to family and friends
Dr. Parkhurst Says:

I am so grateful to those who take the time to go out of their way to leave a review regarding their experience in my office and the outcomes they achieved with their vision.  My staff and I undertake great efforts to make visits to our office pleasant, comfortable, and friendly.  Thank you!

Dr. Parkhurst's Performance
in San Marcos |
I was pleased with the experience. They were able to accommodate me with appointment times that fit my schedule. The staff and doctors were amazing, understanding, and very helpful. I would recommend them to anyone thinking of getting any eye procedures done.
Seguin, TX |
Dr. Anthony is a great person, he explained me with details my condition and answer all questions. He spent all the time needed without rushing. Thanks. MA
in San Antonio, TX |
I just want to take the time to thank Dr. Parkhurst for taking care of me and my eyes. He did a great job and made me feel comfortable. And a special shoutout to Anthony for giving me all the eye checks and answered all my questions. Once again thank you so much giving me such an amazing experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Parkhurst and Anthony to anyone looking for an eye surgery doctor.
in Georgetown, TX |
Parkhurst Nuvision has a very helpful and friendly staff. It was easy to schedule an appointment. Dr. Parkhurst provides details about your procedure. My procedure was for cataract removal and lens replacement. It was a very successful surgery with little to no pain. I am now able to see without glasses for distance. I do need reading glasses but I was made aware of this before surgery. I would recommend a consultation with this clinic.
in Eagle Pass, TX |
I had LASIK done with Dr Parkhurst and it was the best with awesome results!! Thank you Dr Parkhurst and your awesome team at Parkhurst Nuvision!!
San Antonio, TX |
Very positive expirience. Staff is the most helpful and answered all of my questions. Very processional, made me feel comfortable. Patients needs were put first. Thank you!
in Flatonia, Tx |
Not completely satisfied with my near vision yet, but still hoping for improvement. Had RLE about six weeks ago.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had a great experience
in Blanco, TX |
Parkhurst NuVision is par excellence! From the moment I walked into the pristine office until all appointments and surgery were completed, I felt welcomed and special. Dr. Parkhurst explained thoroughly my options, and his staff was professional and caring. Best of all, I have clarity of vision I have not had in years! Thank you, Dr. Parkhurst! I highly recommend Parkhurst NuVision for those needing surgical eye care.
in San Antonio, TX |
Best in the business. The staff is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The doctors are experts in their field and a pleasure to work with. Dr. Parkhurst is the best in his field and takes his time. I had a very unique situation-one apparently that you normally only see in textbooks. Parkhurst knew exactly what to do and I couldn't be more happy. Lasik isn't the solution for everyone. You need a doctor that can evaluate and has multiple options so they can suggest the one that is right for you.
in San Antonio |
The office of Dr. Parkhurst is absolutely amazing. I met with Dr. Parkhurst very briefly but was actually taken care of and had my procedure by Dr. Psolka. Both doctors are excellent at what they do. I had the Visian ICL procedure and everything went pretty good. My right eye got extremely foggy the day of surgery, but Dr. Psolka saw me immediately and got me some drops that fixed the issues within minutes. My only complaint is that I do get halos now. Hope they go away because it can be bad
San Antonio, TX |
Highly recommend using Dr. Parkhurst! The options were explained clearly as well as the procedure and what to expect! All of the staff went to great lengths to make sure I was comfortable and at ease with the procedure. A very satisfied patient! So happy to have the Lasik done!
in san antonio, TX |
Dr Parkhurst and Dr Psolka are true caring, experienced, master professionals. Plus, & all important, their support team at reception, during testing and follow-ups are excellent. Best finance & mgt consultants. I had cataracts removed from both eyes at different times. Surgery one day, follow-up the next day, next week and one month later. I knew I was in good hands through the whole process. Lovely, immaculate waiting & testing rooms. Big facility but you feel special and not pressured
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Greg Parkhurst is "The Best Ophthalmologist" I have ever seen. He diagnosed a retina problem immediately; referring me to a Retinal Specialist. Very efficient AND along with that, he has a very pleasing personality. Dr. Parkhurst answered each and every question that I asked him. He wasn't rushed and really listened to what I was saying. Additionally, the staff was very friendly and really went up and beyond in assisting me.
in Austin, TX |
I am a credentialed professional in Ophthalmology with 35 years experience.&I have had the opportunity to be involved in studies regarding best practices to measure eyes for ICL sizing. I highly respect Dr. Parkhurst and his expertise. It was never a question where my son would have his eye surgery done when he opted for ICL implantation with Lasik; I took him to Dr. Parkhurst, even though we live in Austin. My son is seeing better than 20/20 without the thick glasses he has worn all his life!
in San Antonio |
A wonderful experience! Very informative and friendly staff, and are willing to assist you at anytime before or after your surgery. Dr. Psolka even left me his personal cell number if I had any concerns or questions at any time! My vision is better than ever!
in San Antonio, TX |
The Team at Parkhurst Nuvision is incredible! I finally did my LASIK and my experience was above and beyond 110%. James my surgical coordinator was on point with explanations and directions. Dr Yadav was precise ed and super friendly. Dr Parkhurst is a great surgeon and wouldn't recommend anyone one else. My mom saw and was explained everything that was being done at the time of my procedure. Thank you to everyone for making this experience phenomenal.
Houston, TX |
Very professional. Staff puts you at ease and answers all questions knowledgeably.
in La Vernia |
I was nervous at first about the LASIK procedure but Dr. Parkhurst was extremely thorough in explaining the details and put my mind at ease with the whole process. I couldn't be happier with the way the procedure went, overall respect of the staff and follow up I received the day of and after the procedure.
in San Antonio, TX |
Great Doctor, Great Office. Everyone involved went above and beyond to make my LASIK experience wonderful.
Wellington, WGN New Zealand |
I currently live overseas and have looked at multiple options to have my vision corrected. After much consideration there is no one else that I would trust with my vision other than Dr. Parkhurst. He has all available technology and experience to offer exactly the treatment that is needed. After discussing the options with Dr. Parkhurst I decided on LASIK and my vision has never been better. The whole experience was 1st class and is highly recommended.
in Michigan |
Dr Parkhurst is a professional, knowledgeable and caring doctor.... he has performed PRK, surgically removed a blister from the "white" part of my eye and also performed cataract surgery on me. I had no pain with all three of these procedures. Dr. Parkhurst talk to me in "simple" & understanding language so I completely understood the procedure he needed to perform on my eyes... I live in Michigan but have chosen to return to Texas to Dr. Parkhurst for all my vision care.
in San Antonio |
Just had my ICL surgery. I had been told I wasn't a good candidate for LASIK before because of my prescription so I researched my options and then found Dr. Parkhurst. I learned that he performed the most ICL's for multiple years and the level of training he has done made me sure I was headed to the perfect place to trust with my eyes. Dr. Parkhurst doesn't push the limits of any one technology and will only do what will benefit you long term. He performed the same surgery as mine on his wife!
Kyle, TX |
I had my lasik done by dr parkhurst over 5 years ago and can still see great! I recently referred my dad to him and we both agree dr parkhurst is the best! The staff is amazing too, especially Amanda! Thanks for your time, patience, and knowledge!
in San Antonio, TX |
Thank you so much for my amazing gift of sight without glasses!!! I see the best I have seen in over 20 years thanks to DR. PARKHURST!!!!!!!! The process was easy and quick! I didn't feel anything during the procedure and now I can see clearly! I don't have to worry about trying to find my glasses in the middle of the night so that I can see! The things I am able to do and see now are beyond what I could do with my glasses. I am so thankful! You are the best Dr. Parkhurst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in San Antonio |
Dr. Parkhurst is amazing. Very knowledgable about all procedures and making sure he aligns the best possible surgery with you. LASIK was recommended for me and I enjoy it so much. Thank you to Dr. Parkhurst for always being available to answer my questions. He even texts you the evening of your surgery so that you have his contact information. He is always there to help. Truly one of a kind, purely genuine and wanting the best for everyone. Thank you greatly for my NuVision.
in San Antonio, TX |
LASIK was best thing that I waited TOO LONG TO DO! I’m ecstatic EVERY SINGLE DAY. I spent entirely too long dealing with the constant struggle of uncomfortable contacts and smudged glasses. Dr. Parkhurst, Dr. Psolka and my very own counselor helped crush my anxieties and gave me the confidence to roll into surgery smiles and knowledge. The benefits of being able to see outweighed any worries I thought I ever could have made up. The entire experience was AMAZING & I highly recommend to all!!
in San Antonio, TX |
My thanks to Jeni DeFoore and her exemplary professionalism, attitude, and helpfulness. Every member of the Parkhurst Nuvision staff I have had contact with to this date has been truly outstanding. Again thank you.
in New Braunfels, TX |
Great experience. I had laser cataract surgery with multi focal lens. Everyone in the office was nice and knowledgeable. Doctors and staff did a thorough job of explaining procedures and patient with questions. At any time, I could call the office or Dr. Parkhurst with questions or concerns. It's only been two weeks and still getting use to freedom of not wearing glasses.
in San Antonio, Texas |
A 20/20 EXPERIENCE! STAFF All of the staff members were sharp dressed, professional and very easy going. I inconvenienced them countless times with my various demands but it never affected their performance or courtesy. ATMOSPHERE The building itself had a very homely, yet upscale feel to it. Everything was clean, the equipment looked like it was state of the art and they had... COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED WATER!!! PROCEDURE ALL of my appointments leading up to my operation were FREE!
in San Antonio, TX |
He and his staff, the surgical center and the outcome exceeded my expectations. Latest and greatest technology is why I chose him. I would not hesitate to put one of my most precious gifts in his hands.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had surgery two years ago and had 20/25 vision within 24 hours. Yesterday I had surgery on my other eye and today it is 20/20 after being 20/200! I found Dr Parkhurst to be very competent and patient in explaining every step of the surgery. His office staff and the surgical staff were very professional. Both Dr. Parkhurst and his anesthesiologist are of the highest caliber and inspire confidence. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Parkhurst, MD?

Visit Dr. Parkhurst