Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD

Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD

Cornea & Refractive Surgery | Male | 39 years old

Our mission at Parkhurst-NuVision is the relentless pursuit of best natural vision, enabling people to enjoy life and connect with one another uninhibited from the barriers created by poor eyesight.Read more

Parkhurst Nuvision

Learn about this Doctor

Having grown up nearsighted, I understand what it is like to struggle with blurry vision. I am a successful Laser Vision patient, having had the procedure in 2003. I have performed various vision correction procedures on several of my family members including LASIK surgery on my mom in 2013. A personal understanding of what people are going through, as well as the expertise to know how to fix it, drives me to help others struggling with poor vision. I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help you too. You can call our office at 210-615-9358 or go online to request an appointment at sanantonio-lasik com.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Parkhurst's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Parkhurst's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parkhurst

Dr. Parkhurst accepts 8 insurance carriers

8 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Health Net

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Parkhurst has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Parkhurst

Dr. Parkhurst's Review Details
4.6 based on 22 responses
Experience with Dr. Parkhurst
Dr. Parkhurst's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (20)
Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD says

I am so grateful to those who take the time to go out of their way to leave a review regarding their experience in my office and the outcomes they achieved with their vision.  My staff and I undertake great efforts to make visits to our office pleasant, comfortable, and friendly.  Thank you!

in San Antonio, TX |
He and his staff, the surgical center and the outcome exceeded my expectations. Latest and greatest technology is why I chose him. I would not hesitate to put one of my most precious gifts in his hands.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had surgery two years ago and had 20/25 vision within 24 hours. Yesterday I had surgery on my other eye and today it is 20/20 after being 20/200! I found Dr Parkhurst to be very competent and patient in explaining every step of the surgery. His office staff and the surgical staff were very professional. Both Dr. Parkhurst and his anesthesiologist are of the highest caliber and inspire confidence. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
in Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Parkhurst conducted Visian ICL surgery on my eyes while I was enlisted in the army at Fort hood, Tx in 2010. My life has never been the same. His explanation of the procedure was clear, it was painless, and I would highly recommend this procedure and dr. Parkhurst to anyone qualified. He informed me of all the procedures I could have and I trusted his choice of ICL based on his thorough explanation of it. Answers all questions and follows up in a timely fashion. The best!
Have you seen Dr. Gregory D. Parkhurst, MD?

• Cornea & Refractive Surgery
  • Ophthalmology

Why It Matters: Dr. Parkhurst's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Parkhurst says..

My passion includes Advanced Vision Correction Surgery for Myopia, Astigmatism, Age-Related Loss of Near Vision (Presbyopia) including LASIK, corneal Inlays, and Laser Cataract Surgery.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Astigmatism
  • Pterygium
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Severe Myopia

Dr. Parkhurst says..

It was an honor to be identified as 1 of the Top 10 Eye Surgeons in the world by The Ophthalmologist, a respected EyeCare industry publication for their global list of the Top 40 Under 40 most influential doctors.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Cataract Removal Surgery

University of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston

Completed in 2013

Hillsdale College

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Parkhurst has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parkhurst does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parkhurst and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Parkhurst's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Cornea & Refractive Surgery
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Parkhurst

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Parkhurst's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Parkhurst

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Parkhurst's Care Philosophy

Having grown up nearsighted, I understand what it is like to struggle with blurry vision. I am a successful Laser Vision patient, having had the procedure in 2003.  I have performed various vision correction procedures on several of my family members including LASIK surgery on my mom in 2013.  A personal understanding of what people are going through, as well as the expertise to know how to fix it, drives me to help others struggling with poor vision.  I'd be more than happy to see what we can do to help you too.  You can call our office at 210-615-9358 or go online to request an appointment at sanantonio-lasik com.