Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Gregory Nelson Jr, MD
Greg Nelson, MD, MHS, is a board certified orthopedic surgeon. He received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine and completed his residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital Consortium through Washington University in St. Louis. After finishing his residency, Dr. Nelson completed a fellowship program at the Rothman Institute of Orthopedics specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery. After 3 years of clinical practice in Arizona, Dr. Nelson was a fellow in adult hip and knee reconstruction at the Missouri Orthopedic Institute in Columbia, MO before returning to St. Louis to join SSM Health. Dr. Nelson conducts orthopedic surgery for patients 18 years of age and older and has clinical interests in hip, knee, and shoulder replacement. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery and the J. Robert Gladden Orthopedic Society. He is also a member of the American Orthopedic Association's Emerging Leaders Program.

12349 De Paul Dr Ste 100

Bridgeton, MO 63044

Learn about Dr. Nelson Jr

"The most important thing I do each day is educate my patients about their orthopedic problem. Through education, patients are empowered to make informed decisions about their care. Then and only then, can we partner together to pursue the treatment that helps them accomplish their goals."

- Greg Nelson, MD

Dr. Nelson Jr's Experience

Dr. Nelson Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Impingement
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• MIT
  • Rothman Inst-Thomas Jefferson U
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of Missouri Hospital And Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2017

Dr. Nelson Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nelson Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nelson Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nelson Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson Jr to family and friends
Dr. Nelson Jr's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson is fantastic. He should be surgeon general! Seriously, I am so happy with my shoulder replacement. The CORE Institute is losing an amazing doctor!
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Nelson was the best. I have complete confidence in him. I wish everyone could come see him!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I'm elderly, broke my arm six months ago, and Dr. Nelson gets a lot of the credit for full recovery. I was able to get an appointment within a day of leaving the ER, the exam and x-rays were all done at the same location, follow ups were adequate, and his referral to a specific physical therapist was a winner. I was seen within minutes of arriving for my appointments, Dr. Nelson was thorough when addressing progress, concerns, and follow-up. I recommend him highly.
in Chandler, AZ |
I thought Dr. Nelson was wonderful. I hope my grandsons grow up to be just like him!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson is very kind. I really appreciated that he prayed with me before surgery! I am really happy with my shoulder now (3 months after surgery)!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Everything went great. If I had to do it again, I would choose to come to Dr. Nelson.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am very happy. I can now reach overhead after months of pain. Thank you.
in Glendale, AZ |
I had great care both before and after surgery. Dr. Nelson and his assistant were awesome.
in surprise, az |
Had very good result from my rotator cup surgery. Dr. Nelson was very good explaining what to expect. He was nice and friendly. Had my surgery August 12, 2016. Sorry took long to get to writing this. Husband had some health issues and was very busy with doctors etc. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Nelson.
in Phoenix, AZ |
We felt Dr. Nelson was very knowledgeable! The nurse at the hospital who put in my IV was also very nice.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Nelson did a fantastic job on my rotator cuff repair. I am very satisfied with their work.
in Phoenix, AZ |
The healing process went much faster than I thought. I never had any pain, even with a shoulder replacement.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson is very talented. I am so pleased to have had him as my surgeon. I give him 11/10!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson was above and beyond an excellent surgeon and person. He is a jewel. I am so glad I had my surgery with Dr. Nelson.
in Peoria, AZ |
I am very, very satisfied. I wish that Dr. Nelson had taken care of me from the very beginning. I would describe my improvement as a miracle.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I felt very well informed and well-updated with all the details around surgery. Dr. Nelson was very patient and compassionate and caring, which you don't find from surgeons very often.
in Sun City, AZ |
Even though he recommended against surgery, Dr. Nelson is a great doctor. He is very knowledgeable.
in Phoenix, AZ |
If Dr Nelson is not the head surgeon now he should be. Great person and an even better doctor
in Arcadia, AZ |
Wonderful experience with Dr. Nelson! Would recommend his expertise and talents as a surgeon.
in Surprise, AZ |
I was scared about having surgery, but it was not justified. I am thrilled with the outcome of my shoulder replacement.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Nelson has wonderful bedside manner, unlike many other doctors. He operated on my hand and I am playing a show (guitar) just 2 weeks later.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am extremely pleased with my shoulder. I can do almost everything and I am only 3 months from a rotator cuff repair!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Everything was outstanding, absolutely outstanding
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson has a great personality and is always available to help.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson did a great job fixing my broken shoulder. I felt better immediately after surgery!
in sun city az |
dr Gregory Nelson , is one of the best shoulder dr. if it was not for him I would not have the mobility that I have in my left shoulder that was broke in 2 places. he allways exrayed my shoulder before appt to make sure it was aligned and healing like it should. he is verry professional with a great caring attitude. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this great doctor. thank you for taking great care of me.
in Phoenix, AZ |
After seeing Dr. Nelson, my shoulder was painfree for the first time in years and more importantly, it is the first time someone explained to me what was wrong. I feel Dr. Nelson truly cares about his patients. I felt like he was a miracle worker.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson kept us informed. He explained everything so well. He has a great bedside manner. He is more than wonderful. We are so happy!
in Phoenix, AZ |
When my first surgery failed, I required a complex surgery with bone graft from my hip. I am so happy with the result. My shoulder feels great now.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had both of my shoulders replaced for osteonecrosis. My motion is perfect. Thank you Dr. Nelson.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am very pleased with my shoulder. I did not think it could be this good after surgery.
in Peoria, AZ |
He actually saved my life... I developed a severe infection from a shoulder replacement performed by another surgeon who seemingly ignored my problem for months. Dr. Nelson identified the problem, eradicated the infection, and then rebuilt my arm. Now it is as good as new. I can't thank him enough.
in Sun City, AZ |
I sincerely appreciate Dr. Nelson's bedside manner. He took the time to explain things in detail. I love my doctor!
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Nelson did a great job and he listens well.
in Sun City, AZ |
You can't find a better shoulder doctor than Dr. Nelson!
in Sun City, AZ |
The whole staff, including Dr. Nelson, were very thorough in their explanations. I was very comfortable with them and I would highly recommend this organization to anyone with an orthopedic need.
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Nelson was very concerned and the patient comes first with him. He has a good bedside manner. He also fixed my shoulder and it feels great.
Phoenix, AZ |
I hope I never have surgery again, but if I did, I would definitely come back to Dr. Nelson.
in Glendale, AZ |
I had surgery on both my shoulders, done by Dr. Nelson. He worked miracles on me.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Shoulder repair by Dr. Nelson was excellent.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Had a great experience. Dr. Nelson fixed my torn rotator cuff injury virtually pain free!
in Phoenix, AZ |
The healing went very well. My shoulder is 100%!
in Glendale, AZ |
I'm amazed at how well it went. Glad I came here.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson did a wonderful job on my shoulder. My motion has exceeded even his own expectations. I am so very pleased that he took care of me.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was very happy with the care I received from Dr Nelson and his team regarding my shoulder. I just want to let someone know how wonderful he and his team were to me and how pleased I am that he's my doctor.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson was able to help me when no one else could. I needed both my shoulders replaced. When I first met him, I couldn't take care of myself, but now I have my independent lifestyle back.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I've never had better treatment. My shoulder is super. It hasn't improved my golf game, but he warned me about that...
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have no complaints. Dr. Nelson has given me my left shoulder back, and since I need a wheelchair to get around, that means everything.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I'm exceedingly pleased with the care I received from Dr. Nelson and Monica his PA. Thank you very much.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Nelson cured my shoulder. Everything is perfect.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Nelson Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson Jr?