Dr. Gregory Mumm, MD

Practices Rheumatology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 2 after 31 reviews.
Author:
I do not know how he is still practicing - he did no testing minimal exam and basically said there was nothing wrong- but there was and that meant starting the process all over again and being in a lot of pain - terrible doc do not waste your time or money
Author:
Would not recommend. Referred by my GP and left the appt in shock. Glad a family member went with me to witness the unprofessional horrible visit. He was even texting during office visit. Arrogant. He explained he didnt have test results sent from my GP, but did not personally have the time to look over my medical history even if sent over.
Author:
Dr Mumm is very Arrogant. He didn't take the time to listen to my issues. I had had a recent surgery and he told me I did not need the surgery. Overall he did not seem to have an interest in listening to what was going on with me me at all. He was a referral from my GP and my GP told me he had 5 other patients go to him and none of them were happy. Fibromyalgia was the diagnosis for all 6 of of. us and my doctors know I do not have fibromyalgia. I hope I find someone that can diagnose me.
Author:
Our experience with Dr. Mumm has been excellent. He is very thorough, keeps you up to date with any changes, is very caring and explains everything so you can understand. He is an excellent diagnostician and we highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Mumm is a very caring and personable doctor. I was transferred to him after my rheumatologist left the state. He listens and asks questions and finds the best solution to the problem. I would definitely recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Mumm misquoted my medication history many times & corrected him but he was very dismissive of anything I had to say. He based his diagnosis on the misinformation and gave me a prescription for antidepressants and flat out told me my ailments were all in my head despite the fact that I had physical and visual symptoms, lab tests and imaging (MRI and ct scan) results proving otherwise. He was so insensitive and completely dismissive, he didn't listen to anything I had to say.
Author:
I would not choose a diagnosis of RA for myself, but I am thankful for Dr Mumm and his care along my journey. During my initial diagnosis Dr Mumm quietly explained the disease & gave me information to take home and read. This was the perfect approach as I was overwhelmed at first. During following visits he has asked for questions and has been willing to discuss alternative treatments. I appreciate his knowledge of new medicines and techniques!
Author:
Dr. Mumm was extremely fast, uncaring, would not listen to my main complaints, did not check me over physically where I had told him I had pain and swelling, did not have any empathy, and could not get out of the exam room fast enough! Would not recommend this doctor to anyone!! I literally would not trust him with my cat!
Author:
Whether you have not been diagnosed, are newly diagnosed or looking for a "continuation of care" and new to Sioux Falls; I would not recommend Dr. Gregory Mumm to anyone. He lacks "bedside" manners, does not "listen" to you and did not respect my Rheumatologists diagnosis and treatments plan from another state that was finally working for me. If you are looking for an excellent rheumatologist, do NOT see Dr. Mumm.
Author:
I would never recommend Dr. Mumm. He was short, rude, had no empathy, and wouldn't look my husband and I in the eye. It was obvious he did not care to understand or listen about my already diagnosed disease, let alone come up with a care plan. He had no intention of listening to what many of my other doctors had advised. It was clear he did not know enough about the disease and was unwilling to research or understand. I walked out of that appointment in tears.
Author:
He shows no emotion. He had absolutely no empathy, I was tearful over my constant pain with my fibromyalgia and he said I would just have to live with it. He gave me some copied information about a new drug treatment (experimental and not covered by Medicaid) and said he could not help me and to see my primary Doctor. When I tried to find another rheumatologist I found I am blocked from all Avea doctors because they would consider it a second opinion, even though I didn't dispute his diagnosis.
Author:
It has been a few years ago, but I had an excellent experience with Dr. Mumm. His office staff could use a little work, but the Doctor himself was excellent. He took the time to fully explain my condition. He sat and talked with me for at least 30 minutes about treatment options etc... He even took the time to go out to his own lobby and bring back pamphlets and documentation on the condition as well as support groups. I could not have been any happier with him as a doctor.