Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD

Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Winfield, IL. Dr. Lopez is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital.

25 N Winfield Rd Ste 505

Winfield, IL 60190

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Lopez

Dr. Lopez's Experience

Dr. Lopez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Lopez does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Congenital Spine Disorders
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine

• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spine and Sports Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Texas Health Science Center At San Antonio School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of California Irvine
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Lopez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lopez has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopedic Association, Member

Dr. Lopez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lopez to family and friends
Dr. Lopez's Performance
in chicago, il |
Today marks 7 weeks post op. I'm doing VERY well! My experience with Midwest Orthopedics has been awesome dating back to 1992. Dr. Gregory Lopez was outstanding from my initial consult all the way through the surgery. Very clear on what to expect with Microdiscectomy surgery and what I'd experience post surgery. I'd highly recommend him to anyone in need of spine surgery. His whole support staff which includes Wendi Viola was nothing shy of excellent.
in Mundelein, IL |
I selected Dr. Lopez because of his background in minimally invasive spine surgery and his reputation for being on the leading edge of spine surgery techniques. I was not disappointed. He communicated his thoughts and recommendations clearly and thoroughly. The results are excellent.
in Burbank, IL |
My mom, 70 years old, was diagnosed with painful stenosis and L4&5 were shifted causing nerve pain in back and legs. Dr. Lopez is VERY pleasant, confident, and knowledgeable with regard the recommendation of minimally invasive laminectomy procedure. She walked out of the hospital yesterday as he said she would, and is looking forward to a pain free recovery!! She highly recommends Dr. Lopez for his expertise and bedside manner. His assistant Wendy is also an incredible support!!!
in Shorewood, IL |
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. LOPEZ FOR ANYONE WITH BACK PROBLEMS THAT NEEDS SURGERY. ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH SPINAL PROBLEMS. DR. LOPEZ TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL OF MY QUESTIONS AND THEN ADDED A LOT OF INFORMATION THAT I NEEDED TO KNOW. HE SEEMED TO REALLY CARE ABOUT ME AND MY WELL BEING.
Chicago, IL |
My husband of 57 years was diagnosed with painful spinal stenosis. We chose to obtain 3 consultations. Dr. Lopez was energetic, confident, and reassuring. attitude in regard to his procedure, a luminectomy using a minimally invasive procedure. All of the above contributed to our decision. After 2 weeks my husband is at home rehabilitating with physical therapy. We highly recommend. Dr. Lopez for his expertise and bedside manner. His assistant Wendy was also an incredible support!
Wood Dale, IL |
Excellent doctor...kind, understandanding &patient. Explains very well why and what is needed. He has a great assistant who is awesome. I had a very hard time pre surgery...getting it scheduled because I got sick a few times right before surgery and had to reschedule. Wendi never gave up on me...always answered my calls, got the prescriptions for me and answered all my questions. I was a challenging patient (not intentionally) and Wendi was great with me. Highly recommend this Dr and his staff
in Willow Springs IL |
Scheduled appt for 2nd opinion since originally scheduled open surgery for my lumbar spine, after further testing done by Dr. Lopez and through discussion relating to my condition I felt having the minibly invasive surgery was the best option for me.
in Chicago, IL |
I was a patient of Dr Lopez for severe lumbar back pain. First two visits went well, after which he sent me for an MRI, which I had done and hand delivered to him on the same day. For the six weeks since then, Dr Lopez has not returned a single one of the many calls I have made to his office to get his feedback on the MRI. His assistant has promised several times that he will call me back. I'm still waiting. This is a first for me that a doctor simply ignores a patient. Very unprofessional.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Lopez performed a laminectomy spine surgery on me. He did an excellent job explaining the procedure & recovery. The surgery went great & eliminated all my leg pain. I was up & walking hours after surgery & climbing stairs the next day. I went from incredible leg pain to almost no pain immediately after surgery. Dr. Lopez took the time to stay with me until I woke up from the surgery. Also, Dr. Lopez's admin. assistant (Wendy) was fabulous & extremely helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Lopez
in Warrenville, IL |
Dr. Lopez in an excellent surgeon with fantastic backup with Wendy as his assistant. They were on top of every aspect of my healing process for my lower back repair. I could tell immediately coming out of the anesthetic that he found the problem and corrected it. I am now able to walk straight upright without any pain. Next, my physical therapy will make me whole again. Wendy is a terrific assistant with excellent follow-up, and cheerful help in every aspect of here profession. 5 - STAR!
in Downers Grove, IL |
Make right decision to do the right operation. Dr. Lopez is the my second opinion doctor. I had my limbs problems for many years ,most in my both knees. Pain is in the side of knee. So, the doctor always treat me with knees problems and tell me take Advil . One years ago, I started with numb in my leg and can not walk, sometimes with pain. The doctor give me prescription anti inflammation medicine. After many month, my numb in my leg is getting terrible bad. I went to see a spinal orthopedist.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Lopez because of his outstanding surgical skills and his caring patient communication and follow-up. He performed minimally invasive spine surgery, Laminectomy, on me in areas L-2-3, and L-3-4. I was in the operating room at 10AM and home at 2:30PM on the same day. After many years of back pain and most recently very severe back pain, preventing me from standing more than one minute, I woke up in the recovery room and my severe back pain was totally gone! Amazing!
in Hainesville, IL |
Dr. Lopez made the (back surgery) process easy; Ensured that my family & I were comfortable w/the diagnosis & corrective process; Wendy, Administrative Assistant made the pre & post op process simple;
in Rankin, IL |
Dr Lopez is a very nice doctor that will listen to you and take time to explain why things are happening. He has a good bedside manner. Being a new doctor to Rush Orthopedics I saw him only a few days after he opened his practice at Rush. He knew what was wrong and set up an appointment for surgery. It was non-evasive surgery. I felt better the minute after I awoke from surgery. I have had no back pain. I am now able to walk, I haven't been able to walk a distance for about 5 years.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Are you Dr. Lopez?