Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD

Dr. Lopez
Telehealth services available

Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, LLC

1611 W Harrison St Ste 400 Chicago, IL 60612

Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Chicago, IL. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Elmhurst Hospital - Main Campus and Rush Oak Park Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lopez to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lopez with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Dr. Lopez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lopez

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Lopez?
  • Explained conditions well (73)
  • Listened & answered questions (71)
  • Staff friendliness (71)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
C-Spine Surgery - Excellent surgeon, care, recovery, and outcome. Not only a great surgeon, but GREAT bedside manner. A truly caring man with a staff that cares just as much.
Beth – Jun 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
My visit was very efficiently handled despite being scheduled last minute by me. This process began with my interaction with very polite and cordial front desk personnel and was followed by a highly proficient and pleasant radiology professional that supported Dr. Lopez with my procedure. As always, Dr. Lopez was highly professional and skilled in the administration of the injection procedure that provided relief from back discomfort.
Reinhard Nickisch – May 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez was wonderful, he knew exactly what I needed on my first visit, after having seen 4 different doctors. The surgery he performed on my neck and spine was very difficult but he did a fantastic job, and the follow up has been great as well. I would highly recommend Dr Lopez!
Jocelyn – May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
He is the best. Straight forward concerning your needs. Highly recommended by his colleagues.
Charles Scala – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I had an ACDF surgery with Dr. Lopez in January. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking help with their neck or back. He and his team are excellent at making sure you do not feel rushed and that you have your questions answered. The doctor made my surgery experience so easy and has done an excellent job checking on my progress so far.
Lisa W – Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez is friendly and wants to help and very knowledgeable He did surgery on my husband months ago and made an amazing difference in his life... took away the pain and he has such increased movement. I am praying he can do the same for me
Pamela Brandsma – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is very personable and listens carefully to what you have to say. Displays excellent experience in what he does. It’s great to have a Doctor of this character.
Bob M – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I had severe pain in my thigh and was told to find an orthopedic physician. I found Dr. Greg Lopez at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush. Long story short, Dr. Lopez recommended surgery. He was very thorough in explaining the problems in my lumbar spine, and what he would do surgically to help me. Before that visit, he had recommended non-invasive methods to deal with the problem. When the PT and injections failed to help, he performed a spinal fusion (L4/L5), When I woke up after surgery, the leg pain was gone! Dr. Lopez is a patient-oriented surgeon, he explains everything, he answers questions, and thoroughly discussed my pre-op MRI. Most important, he is a highly skilled spine surgeon. If my mother needed spine surgery, I'd send her to him.
Al Anderson – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is an exceptional surgeon and person! I recently had to have a very unexpected ACDF multi-level cervical fusion and he was very kind and reassuring, totally explained it all to me. On my initial appointment, he squeezed me in, made sure I had both an X-ray and MRI that same day. He even stayed late to go over the MRI results with me. I was truly in shock that I had such a serious issue, but he assured me that it was fixable. His bedside manner is outstanding, and I correctly and totally trusted him. The surgery was a total and resounding success, with minimal discomfort afterwards. I am grateful and amazed. He told me that I had probably been feeling worse than I had realized. Well Dr. Lopez was correct as I am feeling so much better! I give him my highest recommendation.
Nancy Regan – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez was very easy to understand and he made me feel very comfortable with the possibility of having or needing surgery.
Dan Niemann – Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I'm always nervous going to doctors but he made me feel comfortable immediately. He has a great bedside manner and personality. He took his time explaining things and was thorough.
Kathy – Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I had lost all hope until I found Dr. Lopez. I was unable to sit, walk a few steps, or stand without agony. After consulting with 2 other surgeons, I decided to go for a third opinion. It was honestly the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Lopez was extremely thorough when reviewing my MRIs and procedural history. He carefully explained what was wrong with my spine and was very understanding and compassionate about the horrible pain I was experiencing. Dr. Lopez was confident and upbeat about the surgical method he uses and was remarkably patient and kind about answering all my questions. Everything Dr. Lopez told me about how much the surgery would help me panned out to be 100% accurate! He performed an ALIF with posterior fusion and within 2 weeks I was walking 4 blocks. It has now been 4 months since the surgery, and I have been pain-free since the initial recovery period. There are no words to describe how highly I recommend him! He is absolutely superior in every way!
Doreen Benn – Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Originally went to him needed fusion to fix another surgeons screw up. I was able to walk out of the hospital the next day. Hurt my back twice since but what he did is still good. Both times I went to him to check me out. Very nice, personable, and takes time to answer questions. Rate him 5 stars!
james sundquist – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I had been struggling with leg pain associated with spinal stenosis and spondylethesis for years. I had sought out several opinions but never felt comfortable enough with a doctor to make what I considered a major decision on my health. I was at a point where I couldnt walk pain free any more. I met with Dr. Lopez and Lauren and immediately knew this was the right decision and a good decision. I had L4-5 TLIF surgery. I am 7 weeks post op and walking totally pain free for the first time in years. The entire process was easy, informative, and seamless. My stay at Elmhurst Hospital couldnt have been more pleasant all things considered :). Working with Wendi, Lauren and Dr Lopez has been a pleasure. Mike Kasper 12/8/20
Mike Kasper – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lopez. I had been suffering from back pain for fifteen years but was very nervous about having surgery. The pain eventually caused sciatica and I had no choice but to find a surgeon and consider surgery. Dr. Lopez has a way of making you feel at ease and very comfortable discussing something as serious as back surgery. I had the minimally invasive surgery and couldn’t believe how tolerable the recovery was. I am four months out from my surgery and it has changed my life. I am totally pain free thanks to Dr. Lopez. He is an amazing surgeon and an all around great guy! A special shout out to Wendy Viola who is a special asset to Dr. Lopez. She is always there to answer questions or help with scheduling your surgery or anything else you may need to know or ask!
Denise Wouters – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I wanted to share my experience with you all. Dr Gregory Lopez is the consumate professional and a Master at his surgical, clinical and people skills. Wendy Viola covered the appointments and back end stuff and is the consumate professional as well. I just had a TLIF4&5 on 11/18/2020 and at home recovering. I highly recommend Dr Gregory Lopez for your orthopedic and back\spine issues. Whether it's pain management or surgery, you are choosing the best in Chicagoland area when you choose Dr Lopez, Midwest Orthopedics @ RUSH.
Thomas F Kelley – Nov 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez is very caring and down to earth. He explains everything and tells you what will work and not work for you! I had successful spine surgery with him and would highly recommend him!
Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I'd been suffering from leg and back pain for months. Finally gave up on PT and chiro to see a specialist. Dr. Lopez took one look at the xray and cheerily said "oh, you just have arthritis!" So I'm kind of in shock because my chiro said it was a herniated disk and fixable, not a chronic disease. When I asked him, then why do my legs hurt, he asked "oh, your legs hurt?" So he obviously did not read my file, that being my main complaint. He then asked if I've had an MRI, and when I said no, he said to schedule one and he'll call me with the results. I got the MRI 3 weeks ago and he never called me with the results. I have since gotten a referral to a real doctor who hopefully gives a damn about their patients. He gave the impression that I was a waste of time unless he could get a surgery out of it. Truly a shame to his profession.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I came into Dr Lopez’s office for a second opinion, and in extreme pain from over a month long lumbar disc herniation that took most of the mobility from my legs, and left my back and legs constantly spasming. Dr. Lopez took one look at me and my MRI and knew he could help me. He was kind and courteous and took the time to explain and show me what was happening in my spine. His PA Lauren and Secretary Wendi took the reigns and got me scheduled for surgery right away and within a week I was scheduled to finally relieve the nightmare I had been living. Im now 3 days post op and I’m feeling great! Only minor aches and pains from the surgical site and a hiccup with a DVT in my calf, but I feel so much better then when I first “walked” into his office. I can’t thank Dr Lopez and his team enough for giving me the hope to get my normal life back.
Emily – Nov 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
He was very attentive to what I communicated to him and I appreciated his advice.
Sheila – Oct 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lopez?

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery