Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD

Dr. Lopez
Telehealth services available

Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University

25 N Winfield Rd Ste 505 Winfield, IL 60190

Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Winfield, IL. Dr. Lopez has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Elmhurst Memorial Hospital and Rush Oak Park Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lopez to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lopez with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Dr. Lopez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lopez

Dr. Lopez?
I can't say enough about Dr Lopez and his staff. My pre surgery to my post operation treatment and care was phenomenal. I have seen many doctors over the years but none have made me feel more comfortable and taken care of my needs like Dr. Lopez. I would highly recommend Dr. Lopez to anyone who is contemplating a back surgery
John Lynch – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez listens and explains everything so you can make an informed decision, no pressure only the facts! Dr Lopez preformed spinal surgery on me in March,now 3 months into recovery I just finished painting my bathroom! I couldn’t have done that a year ago! He is the best! My chronic pain is gone! Thanks to Dr. Lopez for giving me my life back!
Nancy S – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez performed an ALIF on my L5/S1 in 2019 due to a sports related injury that had been plaguing me for five years. Dr. Lopez found a fracture other Dr's missed. I finally feel like I'm on the long road to recovery.
Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr Lopez is my hero, he has given me my life back!! After 2 fusions, standing up for the first time after surgery, all my pain was GONE. The office staff exceeds all expectations and Wendi is my angel. No point in checking any further for the best doctor because Dr. Lopez is the one. I will be forever be grateful!
Kathy McMaster – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez seen me for 15 minutes touch my back took a couple x-rays I'm denied my work comp claim the sided with the state of Illinois Elgin Mental Health Center when I had 5 knee surgery two shoulder surgeries Achilles surgery dr. Lopez said I was fine to go back to work and my doctor says I need both knee replacement in my shoulder is 70% useful thank you dr. Lopez and he declined my neck and back treatments thanks again
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Before surg. I could not even stand for 10 seconds. I had a spinal fusion on 1/27/2020. After the 1st 5 days(which were painful) my progress was incredible. At 3 weeks post-op I was back to hiking 3-4 miles in the woods-painfree!
Susan Bowen – Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
delivered-results were beyond expectations. Wendi was great! She was patient with my questions. Dr Lopez was compassionate and kind. I was 83 and in pain
Charley Penna – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is a treasure. He performed extensive spinal surgery on me in 2018 and cervical neck surgery in 2019 and my life is so much better. Pain is GONE. He is trustworthy, kind, patient, and of course extremely well trained in minimally invasive surgery. I sing his praises to all I know and am so grateful he is my doctor! And his right hand person Wendi Viola goes over and above her job description to help his patients with whatever they need.
Linda Enright – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I went to Illinois from Alabama for minimally invasive surgery with Dr. Lopez. I have medicare and many of the places that do this surgery will not take medicare. Dr. Lopez did an excellent job, I left with no pain but had some tightness in the back muscles for the first night. The recovery was a very low pain time so I only took pain pills (total 3) the first day and night. I would use Dr. Lopez again and recommend him. It was easy to discuss the procedure with him and I knew just what he was going to do and what he was not going to do. I have to put in a plug for Wendi Viola as she was my main contact person. This was very important as the distance factor complicated things. Everything went with out a hitch.
Frank Zimmerman – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Had spinal fusion, ALIF procedure, 6 months ago, at Elmhurst hospital. I’m 77 years old. Uneventful recovery. My sciatica both legs is gone. I had good pre and post op care. Dr Lopez treated me as a person, answered all my questions. His secretary Wendi was easily contacted and answered my questions or contacted Dr Lopez on my behalf.
Cecelia Olis – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
My initial visit for surgical consult w Dr. Lopez was positive. Compared to prior consults w other orthopedists, he crushed it. It was obvi that he read my intake form before seeing me. He didn’t pressure me to schedule surgery; he ordered a CT scan to get more detail on my spine. He was v clear about the complexity of surgical intervention to fuse my spine in four places. I’ve had blood clots and he advised the extra caution he would take during surgery to address clotting. Basically, he made me feel as if he took my surgical experience v seriously. Added Bonus was his staff was pleasant to me, which sadly in other offices is not the case.
Kath2263 – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I had neck surgery on January 27, 2020. Since then I have seen Dr. Lopez for two post surgical check ups. February 2020 and on March 10, 2020. He told me I was healing well and that In time the tingling in my hands and arms will get better. I was pleased with the care that I have received from him and his staff. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone needing spinal surgery.
Gloria – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I came to see Dr. Lopez for low back pain not corrected by 2 previous surgeries, done by someone else. He has been a Godsend as he got me in right away, knew what he needed to do, and got it done. He and Wendy were there for me every step of the way, answered all my questions before and after surgery. They both genuinely care about their patients and will do what they can to make you feel comfortable every step of your treatment. I only wished I had seen him first as I might have been able to avoid 3 surgeries. Dr. Lopez is an amazing surgeon I would highly recommend.
April – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Saw "the renowned" Dr, Lopez on 11/4/19, was able to get the CT scan he ordered up loaded into their system the next day. Spoke with his staff (Wendy, AWESOME AWESOME Lady) and scheduled my procedure for 12/5/19; which in itself is worth mentioning. Originally it was scheduled for 12/12/19, when I asked about flying on the 20th to Florida (all the family is flying in due to our 86 year old father in law which has pancreatic cancer...………………..Wendy and Dr Lopez thought it important enough to "not miss" and scheduled it a week earlier to allow me to fly. That's just beautiful. I most definitely be posting follow up "post-op" reviews. BTW, the procedure will be to CORRECT another surgeons blunder from 4/10/18
John Martin – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is an outstanding surgeon. He listens to you, doesn’t push but helps guide you to the right decision.
Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez is the very best - a great surgeon with a spectacular attitude and tremendous knowledge. He delivers a successful outcome and I recommend him highly!
S. Bianchi – Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
After 20+ years of horrible back pain and countless surgeries by another surgeon, Dr. Lopez removed hardware that was attached to nothing. Back pain is much better. I'm possibly facing another surgery at L5-S1 and NO ONE else will do my surgery except Dr. Lopez. Wendi is a GEM! Both explain things so it is easy to understand. They are wonderful, friendly, caring people. Thank you BOTH for EVERYTHING!
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DR. LOPEZ!! HE ALONG WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR DID MY SPINAL SURGERY TO STRAIGHTEN MY SPINE DUE TO HAVING SCOLIOSIS. HE EXPLAINED TO ME IN DEPTH THE PROS AND CONS OF THIS SURGERY AND I NEVER FELT RUSHED AT MY APPOINTMENTS. 3 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY I FEEL BETTER THAN BEFORE AND I AM HAPPY THAT I CHOOSE TO DO THIS MAJOR SURGERY AND EVEN HAPPIER THAT I CHOOSE THE RIGHT DOCTOR TO PERFORM ON ME.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
Dr. Lopez relieved me of over 15 years of sciatica pain. I have already recommended a friend to Dr. Lopez and he also is completely relied of all pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
I had a laminectomy on L4 L5 the sciatic pain went away thank you Dr Lopez.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lopez?

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery