Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD
Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Winfield, IL. Dr. Lopez is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital.

Dr. Lopez's Experience

See how Dr. Lopez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lopez

Dr. Lopez accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Lopez is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lopez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lopez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lopez to family and friends
    Dr. Lopez's Performance
    in Shorewood, IL |
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. LOPEZ FOR ANYONE WITH BACK PROBLEMS THAT NEEDS SURGERY. ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH SPINAL PROBLEMS. DR. LOPEZ TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL OF MY QUESTIONS AND THEN ADDED A LOT OF INFORMATION THAT I NEEDED TO KNOW. HE SEEMED TO REALLY CARE ABOUT ME AND MY WELL BEING.
    Chicago, IL |
    My husband of 57 years was diagnosed with painful spinal stenosis. We chose to obtain 3 consultations. Dr. Lopez was energetic, confident, and reassuring. attitude in regard to his procedure, a luminectomy using a minimally invasive procedure. All of the above contributed to our decision. After 2 weeks my husband is at home rehabilitating with physical therapy. We highly recommend. Dr. Lopez for his expertise and bedside manner. His assistant Wendy was also an incredible support!
    Wood Dale, IL |
    Excellent doctor...kind, understandanding &patient. Explains very well why and what is needed. He has a great assistant who is awesome. I had a very hard time pre surgery...getting it scheduled because I got sick a few times right before surgery and had to reschedule. Wendi never gave up on me...always answered my calls, got the prescriptions for me and answered all my questions. I was a challenging patient (not intentionally) and Wendi was great with me. Highly recommend this Dr and his staff
    in Willow Springs IL |
    Scheduled appt for 2nd opinion since originally scheduled open surgery for my lumbar spine, after further testing done by Dr. Lopez and through discussion relating to my condition I felt having the minibly invasive surgery was the best option for me.
    in Chicago, IL |
    I was a patient of Dr Lopez for severe lumbar back pain. First two visits went well, after which he sent me for an MRI, which I had done and hand delivered to him on the same day. For the six weeks since then, Dr Lopez has not returned a single one of the many calls I have made to his office to get his feedback on the MRI. His assistant has promised several times that he will call me back. I'm still waiting. This is a first for me that a doctor simply ignores a patient. Very unprofessional.
    in Rockford, IL |
    Dr. Lopez performed a laminectomy spine surgery on me. He did an excellent job explaining the procedure & recovery. The surgery went great & eliminated all my leg pain. I was up & walking hours after surgery & climbing stairs the next day. I went from incredible leg pain to almost no pain immediately after surgery. Dr. Lopez took the time to stay with me until I woke up from the surgery. Also, Dr. Lopez's admin. assistant (Wendy) was fabulous & extremely helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Lopez
    in Warrenville, IL |
    Dr. Lopez in an excellent surgeon with fantastic backup with Wendy as his assistant. They were on top of every aspect of my healing process for my lower back repair. I could tell immediately coming out of the anesthetic that he found the problem and corrected it. I am now able to walk straight upright without any pain. Next, my physical therapy will make me whole again. Wendy is a terrific assistant with excellent follow-up, and cheerful help in every aspect of here profession. 5 - STAR!
    in Downers Grove, IL |
    Make right decision to do the right operation. Dr. Lopez is the my second opinion doctor. I had my limbs problems for many years ,most in my both knees. Pain is in the side of knee. So, the doctor always treat me with knees problems and tell me take Advil . One years ago, I started with numb in my leg and can not walk, sometimes with pain. The doctor give me prescription anti inflammation medicine. After many month, my numb in my leg is getting terrible bad. I went to see a spinal orthopedist.
    in Glen Ellyn, IL |
    I highly recommend Dr. Lopez because of his outstanding surgical skills and his caring patient communication and follow-up. He performed minimally invasive spine surgery, Laminectomy, on me in areas L-2-3, and L-3-4. I was in the operating room at 10AM and home at 2:30PM on the same day. After many years of back pain and most recently very severe back pain, preventing me from standing more than one minute, I woke up in the recovery room and my severe back pain was totally gone! Amazing!
    in Hainesville, IL |
    Dr. Lopez made the (back surgery) process easy; Ensured that my family & I were comfortable w/the diagnosis & corrective process; Wendy, Administrative Assistant made the pre & post op process simple;
    in Rankin, IL |
    Dr Lopez is a very nice doctor that will listen to you and take time to explain why things are happening. He has a good bedside manner. Being a new doctor to Rush Orthopedics I saw him only a few days after he opened his practice at Rush. He knew what was wrong and set up an appointment for surgery. It was non-evasive surgery. I felt better the minute after I awoke from surgery. I have had no back pain. I am now able to walk, I haven't been able to walk a distance for about 5 years.
    Have you seen Dr. Gregory Lopez, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lopez?

Dr. Lopez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Cervical Spine Disorders