Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Gregory Kolovich, MD
Dr. Gregory Kolovich, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Statesboro, GA. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Kolovich is affiliated with Candler Hospital, Memorial Health University Medical Center, Saint Joseph's Hospital - Savannah and Optim Medical Center -Tattnall.

16915 Highway 67

Statesboro, GA 30458

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Kolovich

See how frequently Dr. Kolovich performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Fracture
high
Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
high

Dr. Kolovich's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Pediatric Hand Surgery
  • Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
  • Sports Medicine
  • Surgery

Dr. Kolovich does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Upper Extremity Reconstruction
  • Upper Extremity Surgery
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Georgia Tech
  • Harvard Brigham Chldns
  • Harvard Brigham Hosp
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Kolovich has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kolovich has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kolovich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kolovich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kolovich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kolovich to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Kolovich's Performance
Caring, professional and he explained my condition really well. Staff were professional and helpful too. I can say that I was well taken care of at the office of Dr. Kolovich. Truly an exceptional hand doctor.
I am pleased to hear your report of a positive experience. It is my mission to provide exceptional and compassionate care to all patients.
in Hinesville, GA |
Very happy with my treatment with Dr. Kolovich. He handled my fractured index finger (from playing basketball). His explanations were very clear and his approach was always comforting and positive, which was helpful as I was in extreme pain. I am pleased with the successful procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Kolovich.
I aim to deliver the highest quality patient care and appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Thank you for sharing your feedback with me.
in Pooler, GA |
Dr Kolovich repaired the CMC joint (Basal joint) of my right thumb using the LRTI procedure, otherwise known as trapziectomy with tendon interposition. This surgery, under general anesthesia, took only 35 minutes. The hand was quite comfortable within 72 hours. At one month postoperatively, I can touch the base of the "little" finger with the tip of the thumb. This milestone required 8 months to achieve when my left hand was done previously. Cosmetically, the hand appears normal.
I aim to deliver the highest quality patient care. I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and value hearing about positive experiences. Thank you for sharing your feedback with me.
in Savannah, GA |
I suffered from De Quervain last May and was informed by a gen. practitioner that I needed surgery. A friend of mine recommended Dr. Kolovich to me. I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Kolovich! He is friendly yet very professional. I told him that I didn't want to have a surgery and if there are any other options for me. Turned out, I didn't need a surgery at all. The treatment that he has provided and his recommendations worked - no more inflammation now! Thanks so much Dr. Kolovich!
in Grove city, ohio |
Dr. Kolovich is one of the best orthopedic surgeons I have ever come in contact with. I experienced a pretty traumatic injury. I had spontaneous bilateral patellar tendon ruptures. I was a very active individual. Playing sports, running and had been into CrossFit for about a year-and-a-half by the time of the injury happened. Dr. Kolovich repaired them. No more contact sport's but I'm back to crossfit. I've matched every weight that I had prior to the injury and I couldn't have done without him.
in Savannah, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Kolovich in a heartbeat to anyone. He is very personable and makes his patients feel at ease right from the beginning. He did an excellent job repairing my broken wrist last August and a great job removing the plates and screws last month. He was very honest and forthcoming about everything, told me what I could basically expect every step of the way, especially when he showed me the X-Rays during the progress of healing. I knew I went to the right doctor from the start.
in Hinesville, GA |
I saw him today in Hinesville, Ga. for pain in my thumb joint. A very pleasurable experience and he knows his stuff! Two injections which we hope will help. Highly recommend for any problem with hand.
Hinesville, GA |
I been calling for a week already and I left many many many messages to Theresa Dr Kolovich nurse and she never answer. I'm trying to schedule my surgery but she's so unprofessional that when the phone rang she hang up.
I am very sorry to hear of your difficulty in scheduling an appointment, we always strive to provide the best service possible and want to address your concerns appropriately. At your convenience, please contact Paula Orr, Optim Orthopedics Operations Director, 912.629.6927.
Statesboro, GA |
I had a deformity in my wrist and Dr. Kolovich took the time to explain what the problem was. He also answered every question that my husband and I had. He did surgery, and now I have full motion of my wrist.
in Savannah, GA |
Wonderful doctor. Very caring.
in Savannah ga |
Dr kolovich is indeed an outstanding surgeon. His prompt decisive actions truly saved my left arm as well as my life. A very meticulous caring and dedicated physician with patient care and outcome his number one priority.
Guyton, GA |
I was referred to Dr. Kolovich for an ankle injury. He spoke to me like a child and cut me off when I tried to speak. He did not listen to me, which is evident in his report. He never once examined me in any way. He told me I had a "common ankle sprain" and that he was not giving me narcotics, which I never asked for. It's a year later and I have to have surgery now for a fracture and torn ligaments. I hope nobody else has to endure not only the physical, but emotional and mental pain as well.
Firstly, I would like to extend my apology for any negative experience you may have had, however as Hand and Upper Extremity surgeon, I feel you may have made a mistake in your review as I do not handle ankle injuries. We always strive to provide the best service possible and want to address your concerns appropriately. At your convenience please contact: Mark Miller Chief Administrative Officer Optim Orthopedics 912.644.5369
in Naples, FL |
Professional and skilled. Good talker.
in Vermont |
Dr. Kolovich is a talented and dedicated doctor. Dr. Kolovich reattached my index and middle fingers from a table saw accident during his fellowship at MGH back in Oct 2014. He was able to save both fingers which took 12 hours of surgery that he started at 9:00pm. He still performed his daily rounds after completing this difficult surgery thru the night. I have many thanks for Dr. Kolovich and MGH for taking me on as a patient when hospitals in VT, NY and NH would not accept me as a patient.
in Swainsboro, GA |
He is very knowledgeable and relates well with students and explains things so that there were no surprises. He saw me before he left, even though it was getting really late for him after a long day.
in Ft. Stewart |
He is sharp! He knew what to do to correct and reconstruct an area in my wrist & hand that gave me use of the hand again. No pain now! Was specific about time frames and recovery. Great manner, outgoing and personable. I have recommended him to several people in the community, and out of state. So glad Optim's , opening of a office for him in Hinesville. His staff is amazing and very kind and knowledgable. He even takes patients at least one night a week for after 5 p.m. currentl
in Chadbourn, NC |
Dr. Kolovich attended me in an emergency situation at Savannah Memorial Hospital when I was air-lifted there due to an automobile accident. While my injuries resulted in an amputation of my left hand. Dr Kolovich discussed the situation with me calmly and reassuringly as I had been conscious during the removal from the auto and the helicopter ride and was already fully aware of the severity of my injury. During the preparation for the surgery Dr. Kolovich kept a consoling banter of conversation.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Kolovich listened attentively to my each of my concerns, and waited patiently while I explained my condition. He then asked me a few pertinent questions, went through a thorough examination and made a quick accurate diagnosis. Finally, he took all the time I needed to go over my options and I am now well on my way to a speedy recovery. I hope that I don't need another visit to the doctor, however if I do, I know I'm in great hands!
in Savannah, GA |
I saw Dr. Kolovich for pain in arthritic knee. He was very good at explaining my options for pain relief. He also gave me a set of exercises for long term strengthening of my knee. He gave me a shot in the knee and this helped the pain within the next hour. During the next 6 weeks I have done the physical therapy that he suggested and the knee has stabilized considerably.
in Hardeeville, SC |
Dr. Kolovich was great at explaining what was going on with my wrist. I got an injection and I feel great!
Richmond Hill, GA |
I think he just finished school. Nice but did not make me feel very confident. Going elsewhere.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Kolovich, MD?

Visit Dr. Kolovich