Dr. Gregory M. Hrasky, MD

Dr. Gregory M. Hrasky, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Cactus Pediatric Orthopeadics 1500 S Dobson Rd Ste 200, Mesa, AZ 85202 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I will treat your child as I would want my child treated. While this philosophy sounds simple, at times it may be complex. If there is a decision to be made between surgical or operative care vs conservative or non-operative/non-surgical care, I will be black and white about the pros and cons of all options. Surgery must always represent an option of benefit far in excess of risk when it is the right decision. My practice treats each injury and condition in relation to the whole patient and his or her family. My overall goal is to treat your child to gain the best bone and joint and limb function for the rest of his life, not just the next month or this present sports season. Together my team and your family will decide on the treatment path to reach that goal safely and efficiently. My practice is built on the old fashioned American standard of the private, small business model. We hope you find the care you receive from us to be compassionate and family centered.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Hrasky's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hrasky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hrasky

Dr. Hrasky accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Hrasky has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Hrasky's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hrasky to family and friends
3.5
based on 29 total surveys (1 with a review)
Experience with Dr. Hrasky
Dr. Hrasky's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (24)
in Phoenix |
He is so very friendly and knowledgeable which made me very confident that he was our doctor for our new born son with a club foot. He has been fantastic and I wold recommend him to others. Hopefully after we are done with my son's club foot treatment I won't have to see him again, buy with twin boys I expect there will be a broken bone at some point and he will be our doctor. The staff are all fabulous aswell.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory M. Hrasky, MD?
Are you Dr. Hrasky?

• Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Rush Medical College Of Rush University

Graduated in 1982

• TOP DOC, 2012
    • TOP DOC, 2010
    • TOP DOC, 2011

Dr. Hrasky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hrasky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hrasky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Hrasky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hrasky

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hrasky's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hrasky

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Hrasky says...

My Dad, Alois Hrasky, MD, was the first kid in his neighborhood to get beyond high school and became a General Surgeon.  Sadly, my Dad died in his early 30s from cancer.  My Mom, Dee, switched careers from Accounting to Nursing after my Dad's death. So, clearly, I grew up with a medical background.  Personally, my passion for medicine took off during high school when I was fortunate to work in hospitals in challenging urban settings in the St. Louis area.

My formal medical education was predominantly in Chicago, where I was fortunate to gain admission to Rush Medical College and receive my MD. A great internship followed in Grand Rapids, MI. I returned to Rush in Chicago and contributed to ground-breaking research in bone cancer and cartilage cell biology.  I completed my Orthopaedic Residency training at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, a US News and World Report  regular Top 5 Center of Excellence. My sixth and seventh years of Orthopaedic training were purely Pediatrics.   I trained with world renowned surgeons at the Shriners' Hospital for Children in Portland, OR and the Starship National Children's Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand.

I practiced for almost 5 years at the Monroe Clinic in Wisconsin, working with the great farm and manufacturing families of the Midwest.

In 2001, I established my own practice, Cactus Pediatric Orthopaedics and Kids' Fracture Care in the suburbs of Phoenix, Mesa & Scottsdale.  Although my personal practice is a small business, I have a great, huge network of colleagues in Pediatrics, Orthopaedics, and other specialties.  My peers have entrusted me with the offices of Chairman of Orthopaedics at Cardon Children's & Banner Desert Medical Center.  I am also one of two Arizona orthopaedic doctors elected to the Board of Councilors of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, akin to being a "senator" to my profession nationally. None of this success of 15 plus years in Arizona would be possible without the great kids and their families who come to my practice for care.

Dr. Hrasky's Care Philosophy

I will treat your child as I would want my child treated.  While this philosophy sounds simple, at times it may be complex.  If there is a decision to be made between surgical or operative care vs conservative or non-operative/non-surgical care, I will be black and white about the pros and cons of all options.  Surgery must always represent an option of benefit far in excess of risk when it is the right decision.  My practice treats each injury and condition in relation to the whole patient and his or her family.  My overall goal is to treat your child to gain the best bone and joint and limb function for the rest of his life, not just the next month or this present sports season. Together my team and your family will decide on the treatment path to reach that goal safely and efficiently.  My practice is built on the old fashioned American standard of the private, small business model.  We hope you find the care you receive from us to be compassionate and family centered.