Dr. Gregory Haines, MD

Addiction Medicine | Male

Gregory M Haines MD 19846 Shiawassee Dr Detroit, MI 48219 Get Directions
Dr. Gregory Haines, MD

Dr. Gregory Haines, MD is an addiction medicine doctor who practices in Detroit, MI. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

Dr. Haines' Care Philosophy

Confidentiality, Compassion and Understanding

Dr. Haines' Experience

See how Dr. Haines' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Haines

Dr. Haines is not currently accepting new patients

Dr. Haines' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Haines to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Haines' Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
, MI |
I was a pateint from 2009 untili went into my monthly appt in oct 2015 to get handed paperwork saying he was dropping most patients. I did get a 28 day supply of meds and he stated on the paperwork he gave me that he would refer me to a new doctor due to my tolerance and strong dose but when i asked he didn't know anyone plus my records were lost so no new dr would accept me.he made me stop cold turkey very high doses, which i couldn't . a year and half later i have to go to a methadone clinic
in River rouge |
I was a patient of Dr. Haines for 11 years. He let me go as a patient and over 100 more at 1 months notice. He was giving 150+saboxone a month pluse 3 bsrs of xanax and pain killers I went through a horable withdraw I could have dided i would not have treated a dog the way he did me and many more do not pick him as a doctor you will die or want to once he gets you hooked. Then let's you go as a paient!!!!
No one seems to understand that I was forced by ill health to cut back on my practice drastically. I went out of my way even when I was in the hospital to make sure all my patients were taken care of and were not going to do without medications. This patient also left my care for several years, but came back again. Unfortunately, I was unable to give more than a one month notice to patients that I was closing my office in Taylor.
in Ferndale, Michigan |
Extremely unfeeling about patients and has unrealistic expectations for patients trying to maintain their sobriety and meet the demands of work or family life. Many times I was told he would not allow me to schedule my appts longer than 9 days apart at $140 a visit…did not care I was a full time college student and worked 40 hrs a week. My needs/scheduling was secondary to his and if I was serious about my progress I would quit one of the two (work or school).
I'm not sure which doctor this person is talking about since I've never seen patients on anything but a 2,3 or 4 week schedule and I've never charged 140 Dollars per visit since I opened my practice.I truly don't know what this person is talking about. Nothing like what I would tell a patient or deal with a patient's concerns about recovery, work, school and life, unless recurrent relapses demonstrated that stress was a very potent trigger for a patient. Dr. Haines
in toledo oh |
Amazing
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Haines, MD?

Compare Dr. Haines

Dr. Haines' Care Philosophy

Confidentiality, Compassion and Understanding

Dr. Haines' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Addiction Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Pain Disorder

Wayne State University

Completed in 2005

West Virginia University

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Haines does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haines and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Addiction Medicine

Dr. Haines does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Haines and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.