Dr. Gregory Griepentrog, MD

Dr. Gregory Griepentrog, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Gregory Griepentrog, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Waukesha, WI. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

2315 E Moreland Blvd

Waukesha, WI 53186

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Griepentrog

See how frequently Dr. Griepentrog performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid Disorders
Bell's Palsy

Dr. Griepentrog's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Dacryoadenitis
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Sarcoidosis

• Reconstructive Eyelid Surgery
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Tear Duct Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Univ Of Wi Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Griepentrog has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Griepentrog does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Griepentrog and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Griepentrog's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Griepentrog to family and friends
Dr. Griepentrog's Performance
in Elkhorn Wisconsin |
Dr Griepentrog performed surgery on my left eyelid for extreme ptosis. He explained the procedure clearly and was very friendly and personable. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions. He did a wonderful job on my eyelid and I would highly recommend him.
Pewaukee, WI |
We liked Dr. Griepentrog from the very first hello. His staff was also super friendly and welcoming. I took my grandmother here for care and we were both impressed and instantly comfortable, feeling like this was the right place to be. He is very friendly, very personable and has an ease about him that makes you feel at ease and valued as a patient and as a family member. We never felt rushed or lacking in information. Most importantly, he did excellent work.
in Milwaukee, WI |
Recently had a lesion removed from my left eyelid by Dr. Griepentrog. He was very professional and easy to talk to. The surgery went off without a hitch and I am extremely happy with his work. I'd highly recommend him to any family or friends that are looking to have a procedure done.
in Fond du Lac, WI |
God used Dr. Griepentrog to save my life. After seeing specialists for over two years, he was the one that diagnosed me with sebaceous eye cancer. He found this rare cancer and did the surgery. He kept us informed. He went the second mile and had the map biopsy sent for a second opinion to pathology at the University of Chicago. He was honest and open about the results and explained them in a way that we understood completely. He was compassionate and we highly recommend him.
in Ixonia, WI |
Excellent Doctor. He did a great job on my lower eye lid. Friendly, courteous and has wonderful staff. Everyone treats you like you are their only patient for the day. Never feel rushed. Going back for the other eye!
in Greenfield Wi. |
I recently had eyelid surgery at the Eye Institute by Dr. Griepentrog . He is a caring, softspoken Dr. with a smile and a handshake. He was always concerned about my comfort as was his team. He took before and after pictures to show results which I felt helped me to view the results. He is well liked by his staff and I would recommend his soft manner to friends and family.
in Waukesha, WI |
Dr. G. performed tear duct surgery on my right eye at the Eye Institute. I would recommend him to anyone having this problem or any other eye problem. He clearly explained how he would perform the needed surgery and the small incision he had to make had such tiny stitches they could not even be seen. He made the whole surgery experience easier than I could have imagined! I had minimal pain and after a 3 month recovery, removing the stent he had inserted was easy and painless. He is the best!
in Wisconsin |
My son has been seeing Dr. Griepentrog since he was 6 days old. He was born with a rare genetic condition where his eyes never developed in the womb called Anophthalmia. From the first visit with him Dr. G made you feel comfortable, explained his experience with the condition (which is extremely hard to find someone who has experience with this so it was a major bonus for us!) and he has always been so helpful and involved me as a parent as much as possible!
in Greenfield, WI |
Dr. Griepentrog is not only a phenomenal surgeon, but is very down-to-earth & willing to get to know his pts. I have been a pt of his for a few years, and was originally sent to him because of bilateral eye infections (due to a sinus surgery complication) and a subperiosteal abscess. I required surgical drainage and an incision was made in my upper eyelid. He did an excellent job of hiding my scar within the crease of my skin, and making me feel comfortable post-op & beyond. Highly recommended!
Milwaukee, WI |
Poor customer service, poor service/procedures, and knowingly and intentionally misleading people for financial gain. DO NOT SCHEDULE if you are a new patient. They do not inform you that you will be charged by the Dr and Eye Institute as an out patient to Froedtert Hospital. In addition, Dr advertises he provides Botox and Fillers... a medical spa service. Then charges you 100 units (the whole vile) stating hes bond by Medicare That's $1,500. Save your money go to any other Dr for $9-15 a unit
Milwaukee, WI |
Very patient and takes the time to answer questions.
New Berlin, WI |
I needed upper eyelid surgery as I had a decrease in my peripheral vision. Dr. Griepentrog was great. I am a RN, so did a great deal of work evaluating surgeons before choosing Dr. Griepentrog. His preop information was very thorough and honest. The surgery was great, I felt extremely confident in his care. I am extremely happy with the results. My vision is remarkably improved and from a cosmetic standpoint, I feel I look very natural (not surprised!), more like I had looked 15 years ago.
in New Berlin, WI |
My experience was a very positive one. Dr. Griepentrog was very professional, but also friendly and took time to answer all my questions. I would not hesitate to use his services again and recommend him to family and friends.
in MUKWONAGO |
Dr. Griepentrog and his staff were very professional and treated me with utmost respect. I needed Blepharoplasty and Browplasty surgery. Insurance companies usually do not like to cover these procedures because they claim it's cosmetic. Needless to say this was not the case for me, and after several appeals they did get my surgery approved. Dr. Griepentrog took the time to answer any questions that I had. I did not feel rushed when I was a patient in his office.
in Muskego, WI |
I recently had eyelid surgery done by Dr. Griepentrog. Dr. Griepentrog explained everything that he as going to do during the surgery in terms that I could easily understand. He took the time to answer all my questions and concerns. The thing that I really appeciated was that he told me that he would make sure that I didn't have a "surprised" looked when he was done. I didn't want the results to look like I just had surgery. (Eyes too wide open) Very happy with results.
in West Bend, WI |
I was referred by my ophthamologist. Dr. Griepentrog (as well as his staff), demonstrates a delightful office persona, with genuine interest in his patient and how he can help him/her. He explains the benefits of the suggested procedures, as well as any possible problem areas or drawbacks. I have great confidence in his capabilities. He has improved my vision greatly. Thank you, Dr. Griepentrog!
in Racine, WI |
One of the most caring and professional doctors I have ever had. Never once has he not answered my questions or provided me with information about my diagnosis.
in Oconomowoc,Wi |
Extremely competent and caring. Explains procedures in an easy to understand way. The outcome of surgical procedure was awesome!
in Sullivan, WI |
My daughter (8 years old) has been seeing Dr. Griepentrog for about 5 years now for her severe eye ptosis, but it took us a long time to find him. We met with 7 other doctors before finding him. Dr. Griepentrog is a brilliant surgeon who knows his field better then most and has an outstanding bedside. He answers all questions, does his research for harder cases, very up to date on medical trends, but most important he is very gentle and kind. You won't find another doctor like Dr. Griepentrog.
in Mukwonago, WI |
Dr. Griepentrog performed surgery on my daughter's Chalazion. Before recommending surgery, he was very informative about Chalazions and other less invasive treatments. Dr. Griepentrog is very experienced with Chalazion removal surgery. He made us feel very comfortable by answering all our questions and hearing all of our concerns. After surgery, he immediately spoke with us for an update. My daughter had no swelling or bruising and recovered nicely without any pain. Overall top notch Doctor
in Cedarburg, WI |
Dr. Griepentrog is awesome. I have an appointment with him every 3 months. He always answers any questions or concerns. He is professional yet friendly. He is always on time. I trust him in doing my treatments and trust his professional opinions. I would highly recommend him to others.
in Appleton |
Doctor didn't listen to questions or concerns.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Griepentrog, MD?
Are you Dr. Griepentrog?