Dr. Gregory Flynn, MD

Dr. Gregory Flynn, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  |
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY Chief Medical Officer USS Peleliu (Plank Owner Crew) U. S. Navy – 8 years Emergency Medicine Physician – 10 years Anesthesiology, Chief Fellow, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cardio-thoracic Division Cardiac Anesthesiologist – 8 years Interventional Pain Medicine Physician – 24 years

2808 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd

Tampa, FL 33607

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Flynn

See how frequently Dr. Flynn performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Low Back Pain
Back Pain
high

Dr. Flynn's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Flynn "Our Mission:  Spine Diagnostics & Interventional Center, Inc. under the leadership of  Dr. Flynn is an innovative practice of surgery, preventive medicine, interventional pain medicine, physical assessment, dedicated to the preservation of the family and forces for military personnel, and the civilian population.

Acute pain occurs when special neuro-receptors are stimulated in the body and the impulses are sent to the brain along neuro-pathways. Our practice is dedicated to eradicating the source of the pain whenever possible. Diagnostic testing is a critical point to this goal along with a detailed history and physical exam. The techniques employed are state-of -the-art, based on evidenced base medicine. TARGET SPECIFIC PAIN THERAPY includes evaluating MRI studies and creating a course of action that meets your needs in a timely manner. Cessation of pain, not masking the symptoms or confusing the brain, is our methodology."

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Neck Pain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Whiplash

• Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections

• University South Fla
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Cleveland Clinic Fdn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Flynn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Flynn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flynn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Flynn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flynn to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Flynn's Performance
in North Port Fl 34288 |
Dr. Flynn is a very compassionate doctor who listens to me to help make me live the best life I can. I have been in his care since 1999 thru a work comp injury. Most people grown when they hear work comp doctor but he is different. He actually cares about the patient and does his best to help them. I Kept Dr. Flynn even after my comp case was settled as I came to know and respect him. He truly is a great DR.
in Tampa, FL |
Doctor Flynn has been great in maintaining my level of comfort to get me through each day. I thank him every day.
in Tampa, FL |
Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Clean office with many visuals for you to understand what is going on. In-house physical therapy; which, is phenomenal! The PT staff talk directly with pain management staff; which saves you one step in the process. Without a doubt the best pain management I've gone to in tampa, fl.
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Flynn's understanding of my condition has helped my overall quality of life. He has shown true empathy from my very first appointment. He has helped me find true understanding of why some courses of treatment have failed and is constantly working to help me improve. He has taken the time to really listen prior to delivering his course of treatment to understand what may work best for his patient.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Flynn has been treating me for the past 23+ years for R.S.D. After seeing multiple doctors in a 2 month span in 1994, Dr. Flynn was the only doctor that could diagnose and immediately begin treatment. He was not afraid to work with other facilities, such as Mayo Clinic and Shands Hospital at the UF, to ensure I was getting the best care possible. He was not only concerned with the condition he was treating, but my overall health and well being. I would not be here today without him.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Flynn has an amazingly clean facility with all new equipment. I have been his patient for over a year. He is the most up to date I have seen in the Tampa Bay Area.
in St Petersburg, FL |
He has an exceptionally competent office staff that was courteous and helpful from booking the appointment to seeing the doctor and checking out. Dr. Flynn was very attentive making sure that anyone in the waiting room was not waiting to see him. His pleasant smile was soothing for all the patients. I found his facility modern on the outside and classically decorated on the inside. He uses top of the line flat screen computers with a high speed internet for guests. EMR was excellent.
in Seffner FL |
Dr Flynn is a true life-saver for me. A fall left me crippled by low-back pain. For 10 yrs no doctor could see the cause of my pain, but HE saw the 2 disc bulges in my lumbar spine. He carefully explained my options & recommended Transforaminal Endoscopic Discectomy (TED). Incisions were minimal & results are wonderful--no more walker, only occasional cane, depression gone. Staff are all very kind, helpful & professional. Lobby, exam rooms & surgery suites are immaculate. I highly recommend him!
in Seffner, FL |
San Francisco, CA |
From setting up an appointment to scheduling a procedure, and subsequent follow up appointments after a surgery, Dr. Flynn and his wonderful staff make the process run smoothly in a professional manner. Dr. Flynn takes time to listen and explain options to help patients become pain free without relying solely on medications. His staff is very accommodating with scheduling appointments to fit the patients needs. I will continue to recommend Dr. Flynn to others for his compassion and competency.
in Lutz |
I happily recommend Dr Flynn to anyone I know or meet experiencing back/neck/shoulder pain. Dr Flynn & his staff are friendly, caring and extremely competent in their care, patient instruction, and explanation of conditions, treatments and outcomes. The facility is always immaculate, well maintained and the decor is relaxing. I have only seen top of the line equipment both medical and office. Dr Flynn and his staff are the best and have brought my chronic pain to manageable levels - YEA!
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr. Flynn is the Doctor who is willing to take the time to figure out exactly the real issues of my ( your) pain. The office runs like a fine tuned engine, the staff is very helpful and friendly. The convenience of having Office Visits and Surgery in same building is wonderful. Location is very easy to find. Traveling from Lakeland, the flexibility in the schedule is another plus! I told them his staff this is the only office I truely enjoy visiting! I sent My Uncle, who was very satisfied.
I absolutely love Dr. Flynn. If I could rate him with more stars, I would give him a 10. He is very professional, honest, caring, experienced and compassionate. He took the time to listen and to explain the choices I had for the treatment of my neck. He is very competent in his field and his clinical judgment is excellent. He is the best Pain Managment Dr. I have seen. Dr. Flynn's office staff is also amazing for they go way beyond the call of duty. Always friendly, kind, efficient and caring.
Tampa, FL |
Wouldn't trust anyone else with my back. Staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. He never rushes through visits, and I can tell he actually cares about my pain level being alleviated.
Tampa, FL |
A previous comments is absolutely incorrect. The place has a timeless decor; is well maintained and clean. He has a state-of-the-art ambulatory surgical facility where he does his procedures. He has a comprehensive understanding of interventional pain management and spends as much time as necessary. There should be more doctors like him.
Try to give them a chance but always disappointed during visits. Does not explain anything well, they are always in a rush. Communication is awful. Request help with pain but was ignored. Looking for a more personable and patient doctor.
in Tampa, fl |
This man and his e aved my life without addicting me to pain medications! Wish ere were more like him everywhere!
in Saint Petersburg |
Dr. Flynn was the 5th doctor I had seen for numerous lower and mid back issues. He looked closely at my MRI'S, finding herniations, bulging discs and tares. He has the perfect bedside manner. I conscider him a true gift in my life..... look no further, if you want the best....
in Tampa, Florida |
Literally THE best pain management doctor in the whole state of Florida. He goes above and beyond to find out what is wrong and what he can do to help. He doesn't judge anyone who walks through his doors and you will be treated with respect. He is personable, kind and flexible. For example, I showed up for an appointment on the wrong day - a day that the clinic wasn't open. He was in back working on notes, so the receptionist checked with him and he agreed to let me do the appointment.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Flynn, MD?
Are you Dr. Flynn?