Dr. Gregory Famiglio, MD

Dr. Gregory Famiglio, MD

Addiction Medicine | Male

Family Recovery Solutions 1101 E 3rd St Williamsport, PA 17701 Get Directions

We are a progressive, patient-centered outpatient opioid treatment center that delivers the best outpatient personalized care available utilizing Suboxone. Dr. Famiglio is uniquely qualified to treat the addicted patient and he becomes your "Coach in the Recovery Arena". He is Board certified in Addiction Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Famiglio is the Medical Director at St. Joseph Institute--a holistic and spiritual Residential Treatment Facility in Port Matilda, PA.

Gregory Famiglio, MD, MBA, currently serves as the Medical Director of Family Recovery Solutions of Williamsport. He is also serves as the Medical Director of two of the region's premier alcohol and drug detoxification and residential treatment facilities: St. Joseph Institute in Port Matilda, PA, and Mt. Laurel Recovery Center in Westfield, PA. He serves on the committee for the Physicians' Health Program of the PA Medical Society which monitors over 450 Physicians seeking recovery from drug and alcohol problems. Dr. Famiglio enjoys working as an expert witness with interests in the Addiction Medicine, Pain Management, and Correctional Medicine fields. Dr. Famiglio is Board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine and the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine and a Member of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry. Dr Famiglio completed his undergraduate work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Medical School at Jefferson Medical College. He completed an internship in General Surgery and completed his residency in Anesthesiology at the Georgetown University Hospital. He continued with Fellowships in Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology at Georgetown and Pediatric Anesthesiology as a Fellow at the Harvard Medical School and Boston Children's Hospital. He later completed his MBA at University of South Florida at Tampa. He practiced anesthesiology in the Sarasota, Florida area and transitioned to Correction Medicine in the Central PA region. He served as the Medical Director of the State Correctional Institute Muncy, the Woman's Maximum security prison, for eight years. He served as the Medical Director of a Methadone and Suboxone clinic in the State College area before opening Family Recovery Solutions of Williamsport in April 2013.

Dr. Famiglio's Experience

See how Dr. Famiglio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Famiglio

Dr. Famiglio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Famiglio to family and friends
Dr. Famiglio's Performance
in Lewistown pa |
Dr famiglio is a wonderful dr he cares about you and not just your money him and his wife have truly helped me throughout my road of overcoming addiction that probably would have or could Have killed me. He takes the time to talk to you and makes sure things are going smoothly every time and doesn't just rush you in and out for your money the nurses are helpful and so what they can to help as well all around great office
in Williamsport, PA |
Never in my life have i met a dr that genuinely cares about his patients and staff that work tremendously to help their patients to get through tuff times. Dr famiglio has been amazing to me and i am blessed to have him as my dr.
in Sunbury, PA |
Dr Famigilio is a wonderful doctor who truely cares about his patients and hopes the best for them. His office is very friendly with toys for kids and candy for big kids haha. I have never left his office with any kind of a problem he does his best to keep on top of things for you.
in Clearfield, PA |
Dr. Gregory Famiglio and is staff are amazing people they get what addiction is. Its not just about the money for them. They care about about their patients and will do about anything to help you out. I will keep recommending Family Recovery Solutions to people who need help because they have done so much for me.
in Clearfield, Pa. |
When I first walked into the office I was expecting to be judged like I was at the other offices I have been. However that was far from the truth. They make you feel pretty much like family from the beginning. I have been there for over a year now and would never think about going anywhere else. I love the quality of care and the staff. They are the best anyone will ever find. We have had a that needed the same kind of help that we did and had them start there also and they love it also.
in Sunbury, PA |
Dr. Famiglio is one of the kindest and most caring Doctors I have known. He always takes time with me and is very thorough. I cannot thank him enough.
in Mt.pleasant mills, PA |
This Dr. Is absolutely top notch! He cares, he helps, he listens and he keeps everything confidential! I would recommend him to anyone that needs help and is serious about their recovery. He understand addiction and everything that goes along with the long road to recovery. If you have issues this guy tries to help you through it. Thank God I met him....Life changer!
in Lewisburg, Pa |
Great environment, friendly staff and a Dr. who genuinely cares for his patients! I highly recommend this office!
in McClure |
It's so nice to feel comfortable and supported in your recovery that's exactly what they do and they are so friendly I can't recommend them enough thank you to all the staff
in McClure |
The staff are amazing and they care about your recovery they have supported me in any way possible not to mention they are so understanding. Just great people
in Williamsport, PA |
I would 100% recommend Dr. Famiglio, especially for addiction recovery services. His bedside manner is outstanding, and you can tell he genuinely cares about his patients. 5.0/5.0
in Mansfield, PA |
I have been going to dr.famiglios facility for just about a year now. I suffered from addiction for 20 years . I had tryed everything over the years and must say I have never had much success until I joined this program. I have accomplished more in my life in the past year than I ever have. I would like to thank the Doctors and wounderfull staff at Famiglios offices. Recovery is possible never give up. Thank you.. Terry from Mansfield pa
Philipsburg, PA |
Doctor Famiglio has helped me with a difficult part of my life without any judgement at all. He's not a doctor that sees you and pushes you out the door after 5 minutes. With the genuine care and help from Dr.Famiglio I've been able to get my life back on track. Any time anyone comes to me for my opinion on a doctor I always have and will continue to give them Famiglio's name.
in Tioga, PA |
Helping you is what Dr. Famiglio, and his office is about!! This doc has no judgment about anyone, he just wants to support, and help you thought what you are there for plus more. I say that because I saw him about one medical issue, he offered to take care of that along with another. He now treats me for both. My wife is now a patient, and her words are (he has changed my life) !! We recommend Dr. Famiglio at every opportunity. Thank you Vincent James and Donna Marie
in Corning, NY |
I absolutely love his program, it has helped me get my life back on track and going in the right direction. I can talk to these guys about anything and feel comfortable knowing I won't be judged I strongly recommend going here!
in Milton, PA |
Dr. Famiglio is the man! He is the only Dr. I have ever seen that has made me feel like he actually cares about my well being! Great staff, and I can't express enough how my life has gotten better since I've met Dr. Famiglio! Genuine, and enthusiastic about seeing me do well and with helping me do well! Wonderful all around experience !
in Lock Haven, PA |
This is the best Doctor's office I have ever been to! The staffs are very pleasent and helpful! You can tell they care about you an really are there to listen an do what is best for you! Dr.Famiglio is very easy to talk to an understands where u are coming from an will help you be you again! Don't put it off any more call them today! You too will feel the way I do! Thank You for all you do Dr.Famiglio your the best!
in PA |
Wow where to start this Dr is what I would call an angle, a life saver, my life saver! I was so scared to make this call for so many reasons. Mainly how I have been treated for years by many doctors but Dr.Famiglio an his staff have showed me there are Doctors that really do care an wanna help you to become a better you! So please make the call today, You too will be so very happy in your path to recovery an this office will do whatever they can to help you! So Thank You for being there for me!
in NORTH BEND,PA |
after 9+ years of surgery, multiple doctors & pain management at a variety of other providers (including the VA), my quality of life was inconsistent at best. after 8 months w/ Dr. Famiglio, the quality of my life has improved greatly.each member of his staff is friendly & professional. my only regret is that i should have seen Dr Famiglio @ FAMILY RECOVERY SOLUTIONS much sooner.
in Williamsport, PA |
Family Recovery Solutions is absolutely the most caring clinic I have ever seen. Most Suboxone clinics just want your money and give you a script. You wait, wait, & wait and then spend 5 minutes with a rushed mean doc. The docs and nurses at FRS take the time to listen, care and figure out what we need to do next. Dr. F addresses all of my medical needs since my family doc just spends five minutes and gone. At the first visit he wasn't very busy and spent over an hour with me over two years ago.
PA |
It is such a shame we as Americans have doctors in this country that are well equipped and have the knowledge and facilities needed to help people in recovery but the federal government stands in their way. Dr. Famiglio understands a patient's needs and addresses them accordingly. I know of many highly respectable lawyers, professionals and doctors themselves that struggle with addiction and Dr. Famiglio is whom they consult. I'm so thankful to Dr. Famiglio for the care he provides. It saved me.
in Wellsboro, PA |
My experience with Doctor Famiglio has been a very positive one. Not only has he helped me to gain back control of my life but he has been an understanding influence as my friend as well. I want to thank you for all you have done for me and I appreciate every ounce of your time. I would highly recommend Doctor Famiglio to anyone who is suffering with addiction....You have come to the right place. Make a positive change and see Dr. Famiglio ! :)
in Jersey shore, pa |
I would definitely highly recommend Family Recovery Services to anyone who is ready to make the commitment to getting their life back on track. The staff and doctors are not only professional, but they are genuinely caring and compassionate, and are fully focused on helping you with your recovery process. I definitely give them highest rating possible.
in Muncy, PA |
Great atmosphere, they really make you feel comfortable while providing a terrific service.
Williamsport, PA |
I always feel well taken care of at my visits with Dr. Famiglio. I would definitely recommend him to a friend. He is always always attentive and helpful.
in Jersey Shore, PA |
I love Dr. Famiglio, he takes time for you and listens to your problems and concerns, he never rushes you, you can feel free to talk about anything you need to talk about without being made to feel like less of a person. He is better than most family doctors, whose only concern is to see as many patients as possible in a day to make sure they are making as much money as possible!! I prefer him to my PCP
in Muncy, PA |
Dr. Famigilo and his staff have helped me greatly in the past year to stay off of pain medication. They are all very kind and considered to there patients. If you want to start your life over call Dr Famigilo today you won't regret it. It will be the first day of the rest of your life.
in Sayre, PA |
i would recommend any one w opiate addiction to come here the doctors r so patient with me and work with any issues
in gillett,pa |
in Williamsport, PA |
I would recommend this dr. to anyone needing help and wanting a great and thorough dr. that's easy to talk to and a office full of people who are the same.
in Duncansville pa |
Dr. Famiglio is great . He and his whole team have been wonderful in my steps to a life recovery . I love coming there and being taken care of From his wonderful staff
in White deer PA |
First time going there they made me feel at home very welcoming great people .They take the time to hear u and help u the best they can and they have for the most part. I been on my feet for about 6 months now and I feel great.
in Millhall, Pa |
Drfamiglio is probably the most caring dr ive been to. Not only did he rescue me from my disease he also helped me understand a different way of life without addiction. He gets it and is totally down to earth witch makes it easier on the tuff road to recovery. Im so thankful i made the call to him for help. Dr famiglio is not only a great dr he is a good person and he really cares about making you a better person.
in STATE COLLEGE, PA |
Dr. FAMIGLIO and his Staff are hands down. The most caring and professional around. They care about making you better. He is a life saver I am now four almost five years clean. He also helped me to quit smoking. This program is amazing with intense counseling and amazing Doctor it all starts with a decision to make that phone call. Hands down you will not find a better doctor. I WISH HE WAS A FAMILY DOCTOR TOO WE need more caring Doctors like him and this world would be a better place.
in Tioga, PA |
I would recommend this doctor to everybody. I don't think I've ever had a better doctor. Out of all the doctors I've seen (Rheumatologists included), Dr. Famiglio really cares about me. Some doctors just want to get appointments done quickly, but he spends the time I need because that's the kind of doctor he is. Over the past few years in his care, my emotions, health, and quality of life are better than before I met him. I very much respect him and prefer him more than anyone else I've seen.
in Patton, PA |
I have been with THEM for almost two yrs now and they have deff. Made a change in my life they work with you and ABSOLUTLY help you and understand I highly recommend using them to help you with your addiction
in Towanda , P.a |
Dr. famiglio and his team are awesome ! They help you with any problem you have and work with you with payments if you don't have it all at once . I have been going to family recovery solutions for about a year and a half and I love the eviorment there it is kid and adult friendly ! The staff makes you feel and home and takes care of any of your needs , big or small . Highly recommend this place if you seek the best treatment .
in Mount pleasant mills PA |
I've been going to faimly recovery solutions for about 2 years absolutely love them there they are caring and work wit you and your problems. I see Dr.Marreroni and I've seen Dr.Familigo and they listen to ehats going on in ur life and give very good advice.
in Johnstown, PA |
He's a great doctor that listen and cares about his patients
in Johnstown, PA |
He's a great doctor that listens to his patients, and actually cares
in Williamsport, PA |
This doctor is so helpful and caring towards his patients. The staff in his office are amazing as well. Everyone is so friendly and considerate. I would recommend this man to anyone struggling with addiction.
in Lock Haven, PA |
Dr.famiglio is a amazing Doctor he is very kind and supporting and takes time to get to know his patients your not just a number to him he has been there even if I just need to talk I wouldn't be where I am today in my recovery without him and his amazing staff
in Johnsonburg, PA |
Overall experience, not only the medical providers at this office but the medical staff you deal with are the nicest, most caring, and understanding people I have ever dealt with in the medical field! They are all willing to help you in any way they can without looking down at you. I would highly recommend this office over and over again.
in Lock Haven, PA |
They are all very good down there an they understand why ur going an take the time to help an talk to you about anything
in Williamsport, PA |
Dr. Famiglio is a wonderful, attentive and caring Doctor who really wants to see his patients do great in life. He honestly see's the potential in everyone and very down to earth. I feel very welcome and also feel that my life is in excellent hands.
in Harrison Valley, PA |
I recently went to FRS and I really wish I had found this place sooner. It has changed my life so much. I was in a bad place in my life and they took me in and showed me how to live clean and sober again. Dr Famoglio is awesome so if you are out there and want help please do not hesitate to call Family Recovery Solutions. Everyone there is very caring and understanding. Thank You so much to everyone there. -Monica P.
in Gallipolis Ohio |
Such a wonderful caring person, not just as a doctor,but on a personal level.
in Altoona pa |
This office has helped me so much in my recovery. They have been very easy to deal with and work around my schedule very well. I love this doctor office and i would recommend them to anyone that asked.
in Bellefonte, Pa |
Hands down best Dr ever. Very professional, friendly staff, clean office. If your looking for a great Dr office this is the place to go. Your not gonna find another office that even compares to Family Recovery Solutions. The Dr and nurses are very respectful and friendly.
in Central pa |
As a vet they welcomed me with open arms!!!! The staff was very helpful in helping me take care of the insurance questions I had all in all its a great place to go thanks guys.....
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Famiglio, MD?
Are you Dr. Famiglio?

Compare Dr. Famiglio

Dr. Famiglio says...

Gregory Famiglio, MD, MBA, currently serves as the Medical Director of Family Recovery Solutions of Williamsport. He is also serves as the Medical Director of two of the region's premier alcohol and drug detoxification and residential treatment facilities: St. Joseph Institute in Port Matilda, PA, and Mt. Laurel Recovery Center in Westfield, PA. He serves on the committee for the Physicians' Health Program of the PA Medical Society which monitors over 450 Physicians seeking recovery from drug and alcohol problems. Dr. Famiglio enjoys working as an expert witness with interests in the Addiction Medicine, Pain Management, and Correctional Medicine fields. Dr. Famiglio is Board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine and the American Board of Anesthesiology. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine and a Member of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry. Dr Famiglio completed his undergraduate work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Medical School at Jefferson Medical College. He completed an internship in General Surgery and completed his residency in Anesthesiology at the Georgetown University Hospital. He continued with Fellowships in Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology at Georgetown and Pediatric Anesthesiology as a Fellow at the Harvard Medical School and Boston Children's Hospital. He later completed his MBA at University of South Florida at Tampa. He practiced anesthesiology in the Sarasota, Florida area and transitioned to Correction Medicine in the Central PA region. He served as the Medical Director of the State Correctional Institute Muncy, the Woman's Maximum security prison, for eight years. He served as the Medical Director of a Methadone and Suboxone clinic in the State College area before opening Family Recovery Solutions of Williamsport in April 2013.

Dr. Famiglio's Care Philosophy

Dr. Famiglio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Addiction Medicine
  •  Board certified in Addiction Medicine and Anesthesiology
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Famiglio has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Famiglio's Board Certifications

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
    Usf School Of Business-Mba

Completed in 1998

Dr. Famiglio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Famiglio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Addiction Medicine