Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 59

Telehealth services available

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Chicago, IL. He is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dumanian to book an appointment.

New Patient?
Northwestern Plastic Surgery675 N Saint Clair St Ste 19-250 Chicago, IL 60611

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Dumanian is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Dumanian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dumanian

8.771929824561404%

Dr. Dumanian?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (52)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (51)
  • Explained conditions well (51)
  • Long wait times (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
I have spend the last 18 years with an ileostomy that leaked due to numerous issues, mostly an abdomen that was not flat due to numerous addition surgeries (hernias, abcesses). I've seen doctors, specialty nurses in 3 states and 2 countries with no long term results. I couldn't work or be social. Dumanian is the first doctor EVER who has fixed my belly so that I don't leak! I will be able to return to work, and life as I knew it! Dr. Dumanian is the BEST SURGEON EVER!!!!
Elisa Terry – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I suffered with a large abdominal hernia that had recurred despite surgery by another doctor. I was told by surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic and elsewhere that my case was too severe and complicated for surgery. I was about to give up when I fortunately came across Dr. Dumanian. He is an internationally renowned expert in abdominal wall repair. Dumanian was confident he could help me, and that turned out to be the case. I now enjoy a firm abdominal wall and core. I highly recommend Dr. Dumanian.
Steven E. Stoller, M. D. – Jan 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a thorough and a very compassionate doctor. He truly cared about taking care of me over a long period of time. His staff was also devoted in making sure my well-being was always addressed. The minute I walked in the door and up until my last appointment, I felt comfortable being a patient. I am so grateful.
J.Swenson – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with Dr. Dumanian. Every step of the way I always felt at ease and confident in Dr. Dumanian’s ability due to his professionalism, empathy and kindness. I only met with Dr. Dumanian twice before my surgery, however, each experience I felt reassured I made the right decision. Dr. Dumanian explained everything about the procedure and post-surgical care in a detailed yet easy to understand way, it was hard to come up with any questions to ask given his thoroughness. Additionally, and more importantly, Dr. Dumanian was 100% honest in his explanation about the procedure and the outcomes.
James – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had a number of surgical abdominal hernias, and Dr. Dumanian did an amazing job on reconstructing my abdominal wall. Before I saw him, I had been told that I was going to spend my life in pain and wearing binder. One year post surgery, I am finding myself able function like a person, able to lift objects, stand up without pain and the like. Dr. Dumanian helped me feel like myself again, and the incision areas even healed beautifully.
Steve W – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
My GP is with Northwestern hospital. He referred me to Dr. Gregory Dumanian. Dr. Dumanian told me it would be a complicated surgery. But he was confident he could fix the hernia and repair all the scar tissue. Three short weeks later I am healing rapidly. He fixed the hernia and repaired all the old scar tissue. This man and his team are miracle workers. Where I had a roadmap of horrible scars is now one wound. I am ecstatic over the results of the surgery. Dr. Dumanian's bedside manner is the best I have ever experienced. He listens to his patients. He and his team continuously checked on me during my hospital stay. Kept me posted with my progress and the next steps to my recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Dumanian. I would rate him as the most experienced, knowledgeably and competent surgeon in the Midwest.
Beverly A – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had a very frustrating experience with Dr. Dumanian. In fact, I would say that it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any medical professional. He did not listen to me and he did not take the time to accurately review my medical record. He ended up misdiagnosing me. Fortunately, I got a second opinion. A physician who I literally saw 48 hours after Dumanian misdiagnosed me, immediately detected the hernia. It was shocking to me that Dumanian, who touts himself as a hernia specialist, failed to pick it up on physical exam. The other doc, who is not a hernia specialist, detected it immediately. When I followed up with Dumanian, he was very unprofessional. Rather than acknowledge his mistake or listen to me, he was incredibly rude for absolutely no reason.
Dec 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Dumanian. He and his staff are the best he answered all my questions and made sure I knew everything I would be going thru. I had no surprises and everything was what he told me. I had no worries because he had me so prepared for my surgery.
kelly in Portage, IN – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I was extremely nervous about undergoing surgery, Dr. Dumanian was very friendly and answered every question thoroughly. I had a panniculectomy as well as a fleur de lis” abdominoplasty after a 150lb weight loss. My surgery was a success and I am extremely pleased with the results, Dr. Dumanian and his team did an excellent job. Dr. Dumanian is very caring doctor and if he didn't make me feel comfortable and at ease I wouldn't have had the surgery.
Kathy S in Streamwood, IL – May 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. My consultation put me at ease for my medical condition. Dr. Dumanian was very genuine, answered all my questions and concerns and explained the difference between meshes. His expertise made it very easy to schedule my medical needs in his care. Strongly recommend Dr. Dumanian.
Delia Vazquez in Chicago, IL – May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I came here for a breast reduction. I was very nervous to go through with this entire process. They really take care of you and all of your concerns. Always there to answer any questions and help you from start to finish. The doctor and nurses were very nice and the recovery wasnt too bad. I would highly recommend Dr Dumanian.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Our family had the distinct privilege of being in the expert hands of Dr. Dumanian twice in two weeks—for my son’s umbilical and my husband’s ventral hernia repairs—with outstanding outcomes. Gentlemanly Dr. Dumanian speaks precisely and listens carefully, and this delicate, deliberate manner translates into his surgical technique, essential for the intricacies of his work. He is a true pioneer in this field, a giant among surgeons, and undoubtedly one of the very finest this world has to offer.
GG – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I am very pleased with the hernia repair/rectus diastasis surgery that Dr Dumanian performed for me. He was very clear with me as to what to expect and everything went just as he said it would. The hospital and all the staff were excellent also. Thank you Dr Dumanian, I appreciate all that you did for me to make my life better.
Pat – Dec 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a surgical god! Before seeing Dr. Dumanian I had 3 previous abdominal hernia repairs all using a mesh that was inserted in my abdomen. All 3 of those repairs had failed. So when I knew I needed a 4th repair I wanted the best. I did my homework saw a few Dr’s. first then went to see Dr. Dumanian 1 appointment is all I needed he explained his technique exactly what he would do and what I could expect. He was spot on. It’s been just over 1 year and I feel great and look great.
R. Shipyor in Chicago, IL – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a wonderful combination of a caring and skilled doctor. He listened intently to my concerns and gave clear explanations of his specific mesh repair technique for diastasis recti repair. I was unworried and confident going into surgery. I attribute my non-complicated recovery with his technique and surgical skill. My tummy scar is a thin line and I can't wait to see what it looks like in more time. My tummy is flat and I'm feeling strong. Thank you, Dr. Dumanian!
Christian R. in Naperville, IL – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had my surgery for an abdominal wall reconstruction 6 months ago. My experience was incredible. Initially I was most apprehensive as I had undergone a serious surgery 4 months prior and was not looking forward to another long recovery. From the initial visit to the hospital experience to post op visits I was treated with the utmost compassion and care. All questions answered and Dr. Dumanian's attention was spot on! I am not an easy patient, but my care with this team was life changing.
SBrackin – Jun 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a great surgeon and very kind human being. I found him during a search on the web. I had my whole right rectus abdominal muscle removed due to a botched liposuction by an incompetent butcher here in Michigan. Dr. Dumanian is the man and a true skilled surgeon. He did an excellent job and was able to repaired my huge hernia. Definitely thankful for the great job he did and loved the treatment by his staff and the hospital personnel.
David Gray in Lincoln Park, Mich – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Incredible Dr. He listens to your concerns and does not make you feel rushed. He spends a lot of time diagnosing your problem and comes up with a valid opinion/solution. I have had 5 ankle surgeries. He has been the only surgeon to not look at me like a psych case and took my pain seriously. No test ever showed the damage to my nerves, yet, he trusted my pain and performed a surgery (Jan5th). The surgery showed damaged nerves which he replaced. I would recommend anyone to him. He is GREAT
Emily in MI – Apr 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Truly an amazing Doctor and staff. I am only 1 week post op, but I already feel the strength of my restored core. I feel so good that I painted my nails a foreign color so I would remember to not lift anything. Dr. Dumanian fills you with the confidence of knowing you have an expert on the case. I would highly recommend!
Victoria in Illinois – Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
There are not enough stars to give Dr. Dumanian. I am two weeks post op for hernia repair and abdominal reconstruction. I could not have had a better surgeon and care. As one of my nurses said "Dr. D is a perfectionist and that is what you want in a surgeon" but at the same time he is very caring and approachable. I have had three other abdominal surgeries so in comparison this was far and beyond my expectations. If you are looking for the best, contact Dr. Dumanian.
Hedi Pugh in Tuscola – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dumanian?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Dumanian's experience treating your condition or procedure

Abdominoplasty

Dr. Dumanian performs Abdominoplasty more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Dumanian performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Dr. Dumanian performs Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Dumanian performs this procedure more than 96% of his peers

• Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Constipation
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Ischemic Colitis
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Varicose Veins
  • Vascular Insufficiency of Intestines
  • Ventral Hernia

Dr. Dumanian accepts

Dr. Dumanian accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
UniCare PPO
Choice
Choice Plus
Select HMO

I use my judgement and experience to treat patients in the best way possible.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery