Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 58

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 24 years. He specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Northwestern Medical Group

New Patient?
Patient Booking Open
Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.

More Plastic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medical Group

Dr. Dumanian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dumanian

Dr. Dumanian?
Dr. Dumanian's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with Dr. Dumanian. Every step of the way I always felt at ease and confident in Dr. Dumanian’s ability due to his professionalism, empathy and kindness. I only met with Dr. Dumanian twice before my surgery, however, each experience I felt reassured I made the right decision. Dr. Dumanian explained everything about the procedure and post-surgical care in a detailed yet easy to understand way, it was hard to come up with any questions to ask given his thoroughness. Additionally, and more importantly, Dr. Dumanian was 100% honest in his explanation about the procedure and the outcomes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had a number of surgical abdominal hernias, and Dr. Dumanian did an amazing job on reconstructing my abdominal wall. Before I saw him, I had been told that I was going to spend my life in pain and wearing binder. One year post surgery, I am finding myself able function like a person, able to lift objects, stand up without pain and the like. Dr. Dumanian helped me feel like myself again, and the incision areas even healed beautifully.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
My GP is with Northwestern hospital. He referred me to Dr. Gregory Dumanian. Dr. Dumanian told me it would be a complicated surgery. But he was confident he could fix the hernia and repair all the scar tissue. Three short weeks later I am healing rapidly. He fixed the hernia and repaired all the old scar tissue. This man and his team are miracle workers. Where I had a roadmap of horrible scars is now one wound. I am ecstatic over the results of the surgery. Dr. Dumanian's bedside manner is the best I have ever experienced. He listens to his patients. He and his team continuously checked on me during my hospital stay. Kept me posted with my progress and the next steps to my recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Dumanian. I would rate him as the most experienced, knowledgeably and competent surgeon in the Midwest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had a very frustrating experience with Dr. Dumanian. In fact, I would say that it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any medical professional. He did not listen to me and he did not take the time to accurately review my medical record. He ended up misdiagnosing me. Fortunately, I got a second opinion. A physician who I literally saw 48 hours after Dumanian misdiagnosed me, immediately detected the hernia. It was shocking to me that Dumanian, who touts himself as a hernia specialist, failed to pick it up on physical exam. The other doc, who is not a hernia specialist, detected it immediately. When I followed up with Dumanian, he was very unprofessional. Rather than acknowledge his mistake or listen to me, he was incredibly rude for absolutely no reason.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Dumanian. He and his staff are the best he answered all my questions and made sure I knew everything I would be going thru. I had no surprises and everything was what he told me. I had no worries because he had me so prepared for my surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I was extremely nervous about undergoing surgery, Dr. Dumanian was very friendly and answered every question thoroughly. I had a panniculectomy as well as a fleur de lis” abdominoplasty after a 150lb weight loss. My surgery was a success and I am extremely pleased with the results, Dr. Dumanian and his team did an excellent job. Dr. Dumanian is very caring doctor and if he didn't make me feel comfortable and at ease I wouldn't have had the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. My consultation put me at ease for my medical condition. Dr. Dumanian was very genuine, answered all my questions and concerns and explained the difference between meshes. His expertise made it very easy to schedule my medical needs in his care. Strongly recommend Dr. Dumanian.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I came here for a breast reduction. I was very nervous to go through with this entire process. They really take care of you and all of your concerns. Always there to answer any questions and help you from start to finish. The doctor and nurses were very nice and the recovery wasnt too bad. I would highly recommend Dr Dumanian.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Our family had the distinct privilege of being in the expert hands of Dr. Dumanian twice in two weeks—for my son’s umbilical and my husband’s ventral hernia repairs—with outstanding outcomes. Gentlemanly Dr. Dumanian speaks precisely and listens carefully, and this delicate, deliberate manner translates into his surgical technique, essential for the intricacies of his work. He is a true pioneer in this field, a giant among surgeons, and undoubtedly one of the very finest this world has to offer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I am very pleased with the hernia repair/rectus diastasis surgery that Dr Dumanian performed for me. He was very clear with me as to what to expect and everything went just as he said it would. The hospital and all the staff were excellent also. Thank you Dr Dumanian, I appreciate all that you did for me to make my life better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dumanian?

Dr. Dumanian accepts

Dr. Dumanian accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
UniCare PPO
Choice
Choice Plus
Select HMO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Dumanian's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Gynecomastia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Liposuction

I use my judgement and experience to treat patients in the best way possible.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Massachusetts General Hospital
1983
Harvard College

• Armenian

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dumanian treats patients.

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average