Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Plastic Surgery  |

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Dumanian is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Northwestern Medical Group

675 N Saint Clair St Ste 19-250

Chicago, IL 60611

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Dumanian

Video

See how frequently Dr. Dumanian performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Excision of Skin Lesion
Pulmonary Disease

Dr. Dumanian's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Dumanian "I use my judgement and experience to treat patients in the best way possible."

• Plastic Surgery

• Wrinkles

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Liposuction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Harvard College
  • Curtis Hand Center / Union Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Dumanian has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian

Dr. Dumanian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dumanian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dumanian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dumanian to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Dumanian's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
I recently had two surgeries performed by Dr. Dumanian (done within the same time frame) . The first was a revision and repair of three hernias as a result of previous ostomy surgeries. The second part of the operation was an abdominoplasty. I am extremely pleased with the outcome! I felt as though Dr. Dumanian was very supportive through the pre- and post- journey of this challenging procedure. Not only would I return to him for other surgical needs, but I would recommend him to others.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Dumanian recently repaired a 9 cm abdominal separation due to pregnancy-related severe Diastastis Recti. He used his advanced mesh liner procedure and the results are nothing short of amazing! I also had a breast lift and I'm back to my shape before my 2 pregnancies. The recovery wasn't bad - 4 days in the hospital, then 2 more weeks at home resting. I'm back to 100% at week 5. He is brilliant, caring, and a miracle worker. It was completely worth it and you can't find a better doctor!
in Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Dumanian is an outstanding, caring doctor. I had a HUGE incisional abdominal hernia which affected my quality of life--imagine looking 9 months pregnant at 63! Another surgeon told me he wouldn't operate until I lost 15 lbs, but my weight continued to rise--mentally and physically I couldn't exercise. Dr. D. agreed to do the repair. Now, 8 months later, I am 40lbs lighter, my clothes fit, and I feel great. My only regret is that I didn't have the surgery sooner. Don't make that mistake!
in El Paso, Texas |
I had a very complicated flank hernia that I had been researching for a surgeon to repair it. My case had been denied by two big hernia centers in California one in Houston and two surgeons in El Paso Texas. Dr. Dumanian accepted my case and repaired it with superb results -which I am very grateful for. Excellent bed side manners, passionate about his work an excellent statistics .
Chicago, IL |
I had a severe diastasis recti (splitting of abdominal muscles) after the birth of my twins which resulted in me looking about 6 months pregnant. Dr. Dumanian did a tummy tuck with a mesh to hold the muscles together and my stomach is finally flat again. I will be forever grateful! His bedside manners leave a little to be desired but he is a wonderful surgeon which is what I feel is most important!
in Elmhurst, IL |
Dr. Dumanian saved my mom's life and her leg / foot. She came to him after a negligent doctor ruined her leg and ankle. She was told she would lose her leg and Dr. Dumanian assured her that he could fix her leg, heal her and get her back to walking and living her life! He did just that. She had a flap surgery and skin graft that is amazing. Dr. Dumanian has a wonderful, warm bedside manner to go along with his skill and expertise! I'd recommend him to anyone in need of an expert plastic surgeon.
Chicago, IL |
I had an appointment with Dr. Dumanian when he was filling for in for my physician while he was traveling and speaking on his surgical procedures. He seemed pleasant, even pointed out a cyst that would benefit from removal, which he offered to do. However when I actually returned for that, he clearly was angry and did not want to be bothered. He insulted me in front of a student, who even tried to moderate his comments to me when he was out of the exam room. Hardly appropriate treatment.
Chicago, IL |
After a lymph node biopsy in my neck revealed that my silicone breast implants were leaking, I chose Dr. Dumanian from the Northwestern Hospital website, as it said he was Chief of Plastic Surgery. Being very concerned and scared, I cannot say enough about how caring, reassuring, confident, and attentive he was. Post surgery, his main concern was with my comfort. He made time to see me as late as 6:30 pm and also met me on a Saturday morning. I am thankful and appreciative of his services.
in Grayslake, IL |
I am approaching two years post op from recurrent 15cm ventral hernia repair with mesh and release of components. From day one Dr. Dumanian grabbed hold of my case to see that this was the final repair necessary. Care has been top notch and the result amazing. I have regained core strength, balance and agility that escaped me for over five years. Continual back pain that plagued me is gone. The right doctor, the right repair has retuned my quality of life.
in McHenry |
I wish that there was a higher rating than five stars as he is an amazing physician. Due to an accident years ago I had severe nerve burning in my foot. After two surgery to replace nerves I am burn free! His caring manor and gentle approach made me feel confident and cared for. If you have any similar issues do not hesitate to contact this amazing and caring physician. He and his staff will assist you with caring ability.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Dumanian did everything possible to avoid surgery (including meeting me early on a Saturday morning to drain my abdominal abscess for the second time that week). Now, I am 3 weeks post op and I am in better shape than I was 3 months post op of the original surgery (by another surgeon). Dr. Dumanian is kind, responsive. trustworthy, candid, caring and so modest. He goes above and beyond anything I have ever encountered with any doctor-it should not go unnoticed.
in Chicago, IL |
I had a unique problem with both my thighs. I saw 3 different doctors before I saw DR. Dumanian. The first 3 doctors were baffled and really didn't know exactly what my problem was or how to treat it. Then I saw Dr. Dumanian and as soon as he took a look at my thighs he said "I can fix this! You will look normal again!"One month ago he preformed liposuction on my thighs and the outcome is amazing. I can now sleep on my side and I look normal again! Thank you Dr. Dumanian!
in Oak Park, IL |
I've seen many doctors in my life and DR. Dumanian is one of the best Doctors I've ever met. His patience, very calm voice, good attitude, knowledge and experience were very helpful during the surgery and recovery time. Dr. Dumanian performed abdominal scar removal and wall repair and the result is great now. I am very happy that I had the opportunity to be a patient of Dr. Dumanian and truly recommend him.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Dumanian repaired my inguinal hernia. From the initial visit to the post-op follow-up visit, his expertise in hernia repair made my process smooth. Dr. Dumanian is very hands-on and was detailed about the process from beginning to end. On the day of surgery, he went over the process again and addressed any concerns I had. Due to Dr. Dumanian and his staff I had a good experience and an expedient recovery. Thank you Dr. Dumanian. Regards, F. Daily
in Mount Prospect, IL |
Dr. Dumanian did a long overdue hernia repair with abdominal wall reconstruction. I never anticipated the results I got! I went from having a hernia the size of a full term pregnancy to a flat tummy. Dr. Dumanian and his staff are very professional and easy to talk to. Would recommend Dr. Dumanian to everyone.
in Vicksburg, MS |
Dr. Dumanian performed surgery on both of my hands during two separate procedures. I suffered from a condition referred to as a ?claw hand? resulting from lengthy paralysis of my entire body related to a neurological condition. He explained with careful detail each procedure; reviewed the risk factors; probed for my questions, and gave me a sense of comfort and confidence before and after each surgery. Moreover, he called me at home several times after I was discharged to monitor my progress.
New York, NY |
Such an intelligent, kind, fundamentally decent person. I was an NMH ER referral.
in Northbrook Illinois |
Dr. Dumanian is so great! He performed a hernia repair with abdominal wall reconstruction. He is gentle, kind and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Are you Dr. Dumanian?

Visit Dr. Dumanian

Dr. Dumanian accepts 13 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Advantage PPO

Lake Forest, IL 60045
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
251 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611

More Plastic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Dumanian at Northwestern Medical Group

Plastic Surgery Specialist