Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 60

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Chicago, IL and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Chicago Pritzker School Of Medicine in 1987. He is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD

Northwestern Medical Group

675 N Saint Clair St Ste 19-250 Chicago, IL 60611
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Dumanian with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago.

Make an appointment at Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago today at (312) 820-0151.

These providers are on the medical staff of Cancer Treatment Center of America, Chicago.

Dr. Dumanian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dumanian

Dr. Dumanian

Absolutely no complaints. Would like to rate a 10
After choosing Dr. Dumanian, I sent him a message through his website on a Sunday afternoon. HE (personally) responded that evening! He said his staff would contact me the next day and they did. The Dr. explained in detail at my first appointment. His surgical skills amaze me. I am 4 months out from the surgery and my chest feels great and looks so much better than it did following a previous surgery in Indiana that resulted in the abdominal hernia Dr. Dumanian repaired. During daily visits while I was in hospital, he explained what he saw and how the recovery was going. His understudy and nurse were also fantastic. You will be happy with the process and results if you choose Dr. Dumanian!!
Jul 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian used a retrorectus mesh to repair a massive midline incisional hernia I suffered following a surgical procedure performed 10+ years ago by another surgeon. When the hernia presented in '20, my community hospital surgeon admitted they couldn’t fix it. Seeking care elsewhere, my research brought me to Dr. Dumanian’s website, where I was encouraged to find he specialized in “abdominal reconstruction." Calling his office for a consultation, “He’s your guy” was all I needed to hear from the staffer to calm my worry. After my first consult, I was confident Dr. Dumanian indeed WAS my guy, as he and his team explained his surgical technique and plan for my case. The prep went smoothly, and the surgery and recovery were flawless - a testament to Dr. Dumanian’s skill. And now, one year out from the procedure, I enjoy a fixed gut and a pain-free life. There is no higher recommendation I can give Dr. Dumanian. And with it, my thanks.
Joseph T. – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is truly a wonderful surgeon. Not only am I extremely happy with my breast reduction results, but the care I received from start to finish was excellent. He was very kind and friendly. He explained everything to me in my first appointment and made sure all my questions were answered. He ensured I had a smooth prep, surgery, and follow-up. He was attentive in my recovery, and all the staff throughout my process was great. I am so glad I chose Dr. Dumanian and would highly recommend to anyone, you will be in the best of hands!
Isabela V. – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Very gratifying. I had a very large Abdominal Hernia repaired. The Hernia was protruding in a way that interfered with clothing, breathing, and eating. Dr. Dumanian explained what the process would be and how the recuperation would proceed. I am incredibly appreciative of the end results.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
R. Stolman – Sep 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
REVIEWS Doctor Dumanian has my complete trust and gratitude. He has improved the quality of my life significantly. He has operated on me twice. He repaired a hernia in my stomach. His work has withstood the test of time. A few years later he fixed my hands and elbow that had become weak and numb from neuropothy. I can now open a twist cap bottle again. And, in addition to his surgical talent, he is a good listener, and a very nice guy. I have a list of heros that have been pivotal in my life. Doctor Dumanian may not reside at the top of the list, but he on it.
Nick Farina – Aug 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I have spend the last 18 years with an ileostomy that leaked due to numerous issues, mostly an abdomen that was not flat due to numerous addition surgeries (hernias, abcesses). I've seen doctors, specialty nurses in 3 states and 2 countries with no long term results. I couldn't work or be social. Dumanian is the first doctor EVER who has fixed my belly so that I don't leak! I will be able to return to work, and life as I knew it! Dr. Dumanian is the BEST SURGEON EVER!!!!
Elisa Terry – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I suffered with a large abdominal hernia that had recurred despite surgery by another doctor. I was told by surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic and elsewhere that my case was too severe and complicated for surgery. I was about to give up when I fortunately came across Dr. Dumanian. He is an internationally renowned expert in abdominal wall repair. Dumanian was confident he could help me, and that turned out to be the case. I now enjoy a firm abdominal wall and core. I highly recommend Dr. Dumanian.
Steven E. Stoller, M. D. – Jan 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a thorough and a very compassionate doctor. He truly cared about taking care of me over a long period of time. His staff was also devoted in making sure my well-being was always addressed. The minute I walked in the door and up until my last appointment, I felt comfortable being a patient. I am so grateful.
J.Swenson – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with Dr. Dumanian. Every step of the way I always felt at ease and confident in Dr. Dumanian’s ability due to his professionalism, empathy and kindness. I only met with Dr. Dumanian twice before my surgery, however, each experience I felt reassured I made the right decision. Dr. Dumanian explained everything about the procedure and post-surgical care in a detailed yet easy to understand way, it was hard to come up with any questions to ask given his thoroughness. Additionally, and more importantly, Dr. Dumanian was 100% honest in his explanation about the procedure and the outcomes.
James – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had a number of surgical abdominal hernias, and Dr. Dumanian did an amazing job on reconstructing my abdominal wall. Before I saw him, I had been told that I was going to spend my life in pain and wearing binder. One year post surgery, I am finding myself able function like a person, able to lift objects, stand up without pain and the like. Dr. Dumanian helped me feel like myself again, and the incision areas even healed beautifully.
Steve W – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
My GP is with Northwestern hospital. He referred me to Dr. Gregory Dumanian. Dr. Dumanian told me it would be a complicated surgery. But he was confident he could fix the hernia and repair all the scar tissue. Three short weeks later I am healing rapidly. He fixed the hernia and repaired all the old scar tissue. This man and his team are miracle workers. Where I had a roadmap of horrible scars is now one wound. I am ecstatic over the results of the surgery. Dr. Dumanian's bedside manner is the best I have ever experienced. He listens to his patients. He and his team continuously checked on me during my hospital stay. Kept me posted with my progress and the next steps to my recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Dumanian. I would rate him as the most experienced, knowledgeably and competent surgeon in the Midwest.
Beverly A – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I had a very frustrating experience with Dr. Dumanian. In fact, I would say that it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any medical professional. He did not listen to me and he did not take the time to accurately review my medical record. He ended up misdiagnosing me. Fortunately, I got a second opinion. A physician who I literally saw 48 hours after Dumanian misdiagnosed me, immediately detected the hernia. It was shocking to me that Dumanian, who touts himself as a hernia specialist, failed to pick it up on physical exam. The other doc, who is not a hernia specialist, detected it immediately. When I followed up with Dumanian, he was very unprofessional. Rather than acknowledge his mistake or listen to me, he was incredibly rude for absolutely no reason.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Dumanian. He and his staff are the best he answered all my questions and made sure I knew everything I would be going thru. I had no surprises and everything was what he told me. I had no worries because he had me so prepared for my surgery.
kelly in Portage, IN – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I was extremely nervous about undergoing surgery, Dr. Dumanian was very friendly and answered every question thoroughly. I had a panniculectomy as well as a fleur de lis” abdominoplasty after a 150lb weight loss. My surgery was a success and I am extremely pleased with the results, Dr. Dumanian and his team did an excellent job. Dr. Dumanian is very caring doctor and if he didn't make me feel comfortable and at ease I wouldn't have had the surgery.
Kathy S in Streamwood, IL – May 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. My consultation put me at ease for my medical condition. Dr. Dumanian was very genuine, answered all my questions and concerns and explained the difference between meshes. His expertise made it very easy to schedule my medical needs in his care. Strongly recommend Dr. Dumanian.
Delia Vazquez in Chicago, IL – May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I came here for a breast reduction. I was very nervous to go through with this entire process. They really take care of you and all of your concerns. Always there to answer any questions and help you from start to finish. The doctor and nurses were very nice and the recovery wasnt too bad. I would highly recommend Dr Dumanian.
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Our family had the distinct privilege of being in the expert hands of Dr. Dumanian twice in two weeks—for my son’s umbilical and my husband’s ventral hernia repairs—with outstanding outcomes. Gentlemanly Dr. Dumanian speaks precisely and listens carefully, and this delicate, deliberate manner translates into his surgical technique, essential for the intricacies of his work. He is a true pioneer in this field, a giant among surgeons, and undoubtedly one of the very finest this world has to offer.
GG – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
I am very pleased with the hernia repair/rectus diastasis surgery that Dr Dumanian performed for me. He was very clear with me as to what to expect and everything went just as he said it would. The hospital and all the staff were excellent also. Thank you Dr Dumanian, I appreciate all that you did for me to make my life better.
Pat – Dec 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a surgical god! Before seeing Dr. Dumanian I had 3 previous abdominal hernia repairs all using a mesh that was inserted in my abdomen. All 3 of those repairs had failed. So when I knew I needed a 4th repair I wanted the best. I did my homework saw a few Dr’s. first then went to see Dr. Dumanian 1 appointment is all I needed he explained his technique exactly what he would do and what I could expect. He was spot on. It’s been just over 1 year and I feel great and look great.
R. Shipyor in Chicago, IL – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?
Dr. Dumanian is a wonderful combination of a caring and skilled doctor. He listened intently to my concerns and gave clear explanations of his specific mesh repair technique for diastasis recti repair. I was unworried and confident going into surgery. I attribute my non-complicated recovery with his technique and surgical skill. My tummy scar is a thin line and I can't wait to see what it looks like in more time. My tummy is flat and I'm feeling strong. Thank you, Dr. Dumanian!
Christian R. in Naperville, IL – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gregory Dumanian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dumanian?