Dermatology  |
Dr. Gregory Cox, MD
Gregory J. Cox, MD is Board-Certified by the American Board of Dermatology. He has been in private practice since 1987, after completing his residency in Dermatology at Emory University. Dr. Cox served as Chief Resident in Dermatology. He remains active teaching medical students and residents in training at Grady Hospital as Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Emory University. Dr. Cox has an outstanding reputation in the Atlanta area, serving the community in a full service Dermatology practice that emphasizes quality care and patient satisfaction. He has consistently been recognized as one of the "Top Docs" in Atlanta by Atlanta Magazine. Dr. Cox offers general dermatology care of the skin and dermatological surgery. In the cosmetic dermatology arena, Dr. Cox offers facial fillers, Botox, vein therapy, chemical peels, laser therapies, and a full range of aesthetic services.

5505 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 412

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Cox

Perimeter Dermatology, PC is committed to offering quality professional dermatological services and skincare. Our highly skilled and educated Providers take the time to understand patient concerns and goals before customizing a comprehensive treatment plan. Perimeter Dermatology is a full-service practice that encompasses the full array of medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology services, including advanced laser technology, the latest skin peels, cosmetic injectables and fillers.

Whether you're visiting us for a medical appointment or a cosmetic appointment, we strive to treat every patient with integrity, empathy and warmth. We recognize that the process does not start or stop with the actual procedure – it is the entire experience that supports our patients in their quest for solutions to personal skin care issues.

Dr. Cox's Experience

Dr. Cox's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Dry Skin
  • Fungal Infections
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Hidradenitis
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Arkansas State University
  • Emory University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
  • U a M S Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Cox has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Cox does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cox and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cox's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cox to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Cox's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
I have seeing Dr. Cox for many years and appreciate his wonderful care. He is a very compassionate person and has helped my husband and me thru many skin problems.
in Atlanta, GA |
I saw Hillary and she is very professional and knowledgeable
in Atlanta, GA |
I have been going to Dr. Cox for three years and he is the best! I would never trust any other doctor to go near my face! I get compliments all the time on how young I look. He is the reason!
in Marietta, GA |
Dr Cox's calm and forthright demeanor inspires confidence and trust.
Decatur, GA |
Staff is amazing and he took time to listen
in Roswell, GA |
Dr Cox has been my dermatologist for the last 12 years. He has always been through and professional, and spends whatever time is necessary with me. I highly recommend Dr Cox for all skin care needs.
in Roswell, GA |
I would not want to go to any other dermatologist in the world than Dr Cox and he also has a nack for hiring finding and hiring good, talented and sincere employees, the latest being the very nice receptionist Ashley.
in Acworth, GA |
Without a doubt, I would recommend Dr Cox to family and friends.
in Roswell, GA |
Everything went as described by the assistant when I made the appointment. This was my first experience with this type of treatment, so I was very nervous. The assistant explained every step of the process including the discomfort level. So I was well prepared for what was going to happen. She was correct on all levels. I'm in my third day of recovery and all is well and going as planed. Thank you a Happy Client :) Joan Mathis
in Atlanta, GA |
He is the very best and would not think of going anywhere else. Thorough and patient with questions.
Roswell, GA |
Dr. Cox is the ultimate professional with his treatment, explanations and care during procedures. I highly recommend him.
in Atlanta, GA |
Caring doctor. Gentle, painless approach to treatment.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Cox and his staff are very professional and wonderful to work with.i have recommended he and the other doctors who work with him to many people.
Smyrna, GA |
I find Dr Cox to be an excellent dermatologist. He has cared for me over 15 years and I have always be satisfied.
in Cumming GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Cox for 20 years. Always on top of issues!! Staff is awesome.....from the front desk to the nurses, LOVE THEM!!!
Roswell, GA |
Very caring Doctor. Excellent bedside manner. I feel he provides excellent medical care.
in johnson |
Dr. Cox found the answer to a very complex issue i was having when a slew of other doctors were at a loss.
in Atlanta GA |
Dr. Cox has been my dermatologist since the early 1990s. I have had a lot of sun damage from too much fun in the sun during my younger years and have had one malignant mole removed. I trust Dr. Cox to find suspicious spots and remove them before further problems occur. He is caring and takes his time with patients.
in Hampton, GA |
I have been going to Dr. Cox for years, started seeing him in South Atlanta, now drive to North Atlanta to see him, he is the best !!!
Atlanta, GA |
He always does a great job!
in Grayson, GA |
i drive over an hour to see Dr. Cox because he is the best dermatologist i've had.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr Cox has given excellent care over the years. He has always taken the time to address whatever skin problems I've had and resolved them.
Atlanta, GA |
I have recommended Dr. Cox to many people and each one of them was 100% happy, as I am.
in Dunwoody, GA |
I've been extremely satisfied with Dr. Cox after leaving another doctor about 5 years ago. He's bright, confident, friendly and communicates clearly.
in Atlanta, GA |
My husband and I have been his patient s for years He is very thorough in his examination and tak es time to answer our questions He is a kind person. A few weeks ago one of our neighbores broke out in an awful rash.. She didn't hava dermatologist but called him for help. He worked her in the next morning.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Cox is such a wonderful doctor! He gives a lot of time listening to patients concerns and explaining answers. Dr. Cox made sure to be available to us when our daughter was in a crisis. I cannot say enough what a fine physician and kind person he is. Very highly recommend!
Atlanta, GA |
After my most recent appointment, I actually did recommend Dr. Cox to a friend. He is outstanding.
in Avondale Estates, GA |
My appointment was not with Dr. Cox it was with Ranka. I wound highly recommend her to others.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Cox is an outstanding physician. He listens carefully, examines with a learned eye, and communicates in a thoughtful and very effective manner. I have found the Perimeter Dermatology team to be technically advanced, detail oriented, and highly patient centered.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr Cox is very patient and thorough. I appreciate the time he spends to be sure that everything is taken care of - long wait times but this is worth it, in my opinion, for the level of care received.
in Sarasota, FL |
No matter what time of day one schedules an appointment, Gregory Cox is chronically for appointments...no explanations, no apologies. Before changing doctors, I scheduled his first appointment of the day hoping to minimize the time I was pulled away from work. He was 2 hours late.
in Atlanta, GA |
Long wait times, curt front desk and billing, very expensive. ASK FOR PRICES OF TREATMENTS in the event your insurance does not provide coverage.
He was thorough, caring and considerate.
in Atlanta GA |
He is very professional but kind and considerate. He doesn't rush. He clarifies diagnoses and plan of care. He seems genuinely interested in patient concerns. I trust him.
I was referred by Dr. Caputo for one of my children, who is 6 years old. We waited an hour and a half to be seen. Many people in the waiting room where also frustrated and commenting that this is not the first time this has happened. When folks went to speak to the staff, they were all told speak with the doctor. When I brought it up to Dr. Cox he was extremely defensive (instead of apologizing for long wait) and rude. I will not be going back again and I would not suggest bringing children.
Have you seen Dr. Gregory Cox, MD?
Are you Dr. Cox?

Visit Dr. Cox

Dr. Cox accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
    Blue Choice HMO
    Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio